File Submitter: Kainzorus Prime

File Submitted: 18 Sep 2013

File Category: Mods

Author:

Kainzorus Prime

Mod Name:

PC Response Moderation

Under NO circumstances is this, or any of my other,

mod(s) to be posted on ANY site other than by myself.

1. Info

===========

Ever since my first playthrough, I always found some of the PC responses to range from jarring to downright idiotic. Mainly the ones ending with exclamations.

The light side responses sounded childish, naive and overly enthusiastic at random points, rather than adhere to a code which said to moderate emotions.

The dar kside responses on the other hand lacked any sort of finesse, and sounded like they were spoken by a perpetually angry pubescent child.

This mod was designed to tone down these particular sets of responses by removing the exclamations and replacing them with fullstops, and/or rewriting the lines to more apropriate ones.

2. Instalation:

=========

Unpack the dialog.tlk file into the main KotOR directory. When asked to overwrite the original, select yes.

3. Usage

=========

The mod will replace the lines as soon as the dialog.tlk is placed into the main KotOR folder.

4. REMOVAL:

===========

Download default dialog.tlk file here - http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de

Replace the modded file with the one downloaded from the link above.

5. Credits:

===========

Special thanks to:

Holowan Laboratories - For all the great resources.

6. DISCLAIMER:

===============

This Mod is not supported by LucasArts, Bioware or Obsidian.

Please do not contact them for support of this mod.

Copyright:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, characters, items, etc. are trademarks

and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, characters, items, etc. are

trademarks and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Bioware and the Odyysey Engine are trademarks of Bioware Corp.

Obsidian are trademarks of Obsidian Entertainment.

All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their

respective trademark and copyright holders.

Click here to download this file

So that's a K1 mod right? (Alas, that's what I gather from the screenshot and the fact that you mention the "Kotor" directory. However, you also Speak about Obsidian and TSL, which was confusing at first. MAybe we should edit the title to make that clearer from here or something? Or maybe it's just me :P

On another note, I love the idea. I'll be sure to give this a try sometimes. Think this is going to be compatible with Wotor?

Edited by MrPhil

I mention Obsidian in all my readme files, it's a standard template. But this is K1 version. I might release TSL one too; while that game toned the responses down from the get go, some silly ones still remain.

And yes, it's perfectly compatible with WotOR.

I'd probably suggest waiting for 1.8.3 (since, like always, dialog.tlk modifications).

What silly ones would you say TSL got?

Hello!

I am working on merging my own corrections and a good chunk of this modification's changes into an ultimate dialog.tlk package, going though each modified line manually.

I found a typo, by the way (actually two, but I unfortunately forgot to make a note of the first one): line 40435: She sliced that guy up. This is is payback.

Cheers!

Hello!

I am working on merging my own corrections and a good chunk of this modification's changes into an ultimate dialog.tlk package, going though each modified line manually.

I found a typo, by the way (actually two, but I unfortunately forgot to make a note of the first one): line 40435: She sliced that guy up. This is is payback.

Cheers!

You still working on this?

I'm playing through it now, I like it, I really can't tell it's there yet, as I am only on Dantooine, but the DS options look much better. I just don't play DS EVER!

You still working on this?

I am pretty much done.

I had sent you a PM some time ago to which I received no answer. Could you please check?

Thanks!