VarsityPuppet

We're officially a dying breed

That doesn't mean the games are gone forever guys, it just means somebody else is gonna make them, not LucasArts. When you think about it, their last good game was TFU so I'm surprized they lasted that long with making pretty much nothing.

I was having this discussion earlier. I personally think that Disney's trying to keep the company assets, but to remove George Lucas's name from them. Plus Lucasarts has been particularly rude with several of their developers and were constantly pushing for unrealistic deadlines that I wouldn't be surprised if they had bad blood with the developing community. (After you read Free Radical's story and see what they did to Obsidian with KOTOR2, this makes more sense)

• Like 1

isnt this how star wars book and comic publishing works? it seems to work well, this xcould be a good thing for star wars games.

I've never understood why whatever LucasArts does has ever mattered to KOTOR modding. Way I see it, our headcanon is superior and impervious to any retcon or other corporate decision regarding narrative, and we've always succeeded in creating excellent KOTOR experiences where LucasArts has failed (TSLRCM and Solomon's Revenge being the big examples of this). The last big decision by LA on KOTOR was TOR, which revised the narrative of TSL, but for me that revision just doesn't...exist.

Fact is, everyone is mourning the hypothetical death of Star Wars/Star Wars EU due to decisions by Disney, but why should we KOTOR lovers care? TSL is nothing but a gigantic slam of traditional Star Wars narrative. As long as we have these games and our mods, screw whatever happens in any other EU era!

• Like 6

That makes a lot of sense; hey guys, let's buy out this multimillion dollar company even though our financial reports indicate that we are going to have financial difficulty in the upcoming year. Great idea Charlie, set up the deal and you get a promotion... Excellent business practice in modern America. 

Well maybe it is for the best. Over the last 30 years there should have been 20 Star Wars movies and 20 Indiana Jones movies and who knows what else. George Lucas I think just became distract with his visual effects company.