Sithspecter

Modding Breakthrough!

That's a sexy modding breakthrough 8-) . By the way you should run Carth over for whining too much :P.

Hhhhow... do you????! :cold:

That has to be the coolest mod breakthrough in recent years!

...Next, pilot the sandcrawler! :cool:

Does it automatically put your standard player character's model in the drivers seat or is it always the "Iridonian" model?

The Iridonian is integrated into the model, and while there might be a way around that, I don't think that it's worth the trouble. I really don't think it's possible to put the PC model into it.

So, how was it done?

To me, it looks like you just changed PC's appearance to use swoop model, but seeing how you call it a breaktrough I assume it's something more complicated than that.

That's pretty awesome. And while I doubt it's possible, my first thoughts went to the Basilisk you use to enter the Onderon Civil War.

On another, more practical note, does being a vehicle affect your character's movement speed, or is it just aesthetic?

So, how was it done?To me, it looks like you just changed PC's appearance to use swoop model, but seeing how you call it a breaktrough I assume it's something more complicated than that.

Nope. I just changed the PC's appearance to a swoop model. I call it a breakthrough because nobody's done it before. I did have to do some minor editing, but it was pretty much just with the dummies that are used. There is going to be some more looking at the appearance.2da file to see if I can get some more desirable effects. However, I think that the demonstration that this works will open up new, creative outlets for modders.

Video please!!! :cool:

I'm trying to find a screen recorder that will work.

That's pretty awesome. And while I doubt it's possible, my first thoughts went to the Basilisk you use to enter the Onderon Civil War.On another, more practical note, does being a vehicle affect your character's movement speed, or is it just aesthetic?

Oh, it's possible. I'm actually envisioning some pretty revolutionary stuff. Right now, it goes the normal speed. I'm trying to figure out how to change that.

Edited by Sithspecter

Oh, it's possible. I'm actually envisioning some pretty revolutionary stuff. Right now, it goes the normal speed. I'm trying to figure out how to change that.

Forgive me for stating the obvious here, but you could just edit/make a new .utc with the Swoop appearance and just edit the movement rate under tha advanced tab.

Sweet! Now if only there was a way to make the separate Dantoine, Tatooine, Dxun, and Lehon surface modules all connected, there would actually be a real use for having a speeder or swoopbike.

I'm trying to find a screen recorder that will work.

Bandicam works well for a screen recorder and it is free. (Free version limits you to ten minutes of recording in a row and slaps a watermark on the top)

There's a function that can be called to adjust a creature's speed. I used it to slow down the party members because they always did a waddle walk when they were called by GetPartyMemberByIndex, so it should be possible to use it to speed creatures up.