Sign in to follow this  
tnu

HK Factory.

I know you guys probably hear things about this part of the game a lot but I'm not sure how to trigger it. I've had HK-47 in my Party for at LEAST four HK-50 encounters. There doesn't seem to be any change. was I meant to do something else in order to trigger it as well? Is there a certain dialogue option or item?

I know you guys probably hear things about this part of the game a lot but I'm not sure how to trigger it. I've had HK-47 in my Party for at LEAST four HK-50 encounters. There doesn't seem to be any change. was I meant to do something else in order to trigger it as well? Is there a certain dialogue option or item?

Load of spoilers here.

What you need to get even the quest, is the Sonic Sensor, which is located in the room opposite the one you meet the First HK50 on Peragus(in a container next to the work-bench). Then, once you have HK47 reassembled(i.e once he is a party member), you need to speak with him. The option "What do you know about the Sith?", should lead to a line of HK's that is spoken in the Twi'lek language. Say something that means you understand, and he will ask "how you know so many languages". Tell, him, and then allow him to examine it.

The rest should be obvious, and you should get a new quest at the end of the dialogue. Then, once you meet three groups of HK50s(you don't need HK47 in your party), you will get a cut-scene when you return to the Ebon Hawk, and you will be able to play the factory in the endgame.

Load of spoilers here.

What you need to get even the quest, is the Sonic Sensor, which is located in the room opposite the one you meet the First HK50 on Peragus(in a container next to the work-bench). Then, once you have HK47 reassembled(i.e once he is a party member), you need to speak with him. The option "What do you know about the Sith?", should lead to a line of HK's that is spoken in the Twi'lek language. Say something that means you understand, and he will ask "how you know so many languages". Tell, him, and then allow him to examine it.

The rest should be obvious, and you should get a new quest at the end of the dialogue. Then, once you meet three groups of HK50s(you don't need HK47 in your party), you will get a cut-scene when you return to the Ebon Hawk, and you will be able to play the factory in the endgame.

Thank you very much but I know this is splitting hairs but are you sure that the language spoken is Ryl? Most of the "alien language" presented in the game is actually mangled Huttese.

Thank you very much but I know htis is splitting hairs but are you sure tha thte language spoken is Ryl? most of the "alien language" presented in the game is actually mangled Huttese.

Yeah. I know that more than just Twi'leks in the game use it, but the main reason I said that, was HK47 saying "Twi'lek Metaphor" before he speaks the line(which I think is actually Kristopher Tabori, HK's voice actor, rather than the game's Alien VO).

hehe sorry i'm so late to saying this. busy for a while at any rate thank you for all your help.

Statement: Greetings to you, creators of TSL RCM. I have just downloaded and installed your mod (as well as a set of other compatible mods listed in the corresponding thread of this forum).

Query: During the game I encountered the following issue: after escaping Telos I returned to it and fought 3 HK-50 units (thus obtaining the chassis). Then I went to Nar Shaddaa and bought the HK processor from Kodin and immediately assembled HK-47. However, the dialogue about sonic sensors produced a blank line in my journal (instead of the "Finding HK Factory" quest). I also tried reloading to a save before Telos Academy and putting HK gear into my inventory via cheats; however, after reassembly and sensor dialogue I still got a blank quest.

Pleading Statement: Is there a way out of this (via savegame editor), or am I screwed for good?

If it's just a blank line in a journal and dialog itself went fine, you'll probably be OK - globals should've gotten set properly.

Reason for the blank journal entry might be:

a) you installed another mod modifying global.jrl file, which reverted TSLRCM's changes to this file

B) you installed incorrect language version - what language are you playing in?

If it's just a blank line in a journal and dialog itself went fine, you'll probably be OK - globals should've gotten set properly.

Reason for the blank journal entry might be:

a) you installed another mod modifying global.jrl file, which reverted TSLRCM's changes to this file

B) you installed incorrect language version - what language are you playing in?

Gratified Statement: Thank you for your commentary. The reason is probably the former, since I'm playing the English version.

Worried Statement: However, when I put the HK50 droid encounter variable to 3 (as I understood, there should be three encounters), the torturing scene for HK never occurs (I stepped in and out of the ship to check if it happens, but it didn't).

Query: would reinstalling the mod via TSL Patcher fix the issue without breaking other mods and the savegame; or is it all just fine as it is?

Do you have a k_003ebo_enter.ncs in your override?

If so, erase it.

It does point to using incompatible mods, you may have more, including indeed one replacing globals.jrl instead of adding to it (leading to mentioned issue, and more of that when you eventually reach the factory)

Do you have a k_003ebo_enter.ncs in your override?

If so, erase it.

It does point to using incompatible mods, you may have more, including indeed one replacing globals.jrl instead of adding to it (leading to mentioned issue, and more of that when you eventually reach the factory)

Worried statement: The file you pointed out was absent in the override folder. I recall that one of the mods' instructions said, that it modified globals.jrl, but I forgot, which one did it. I am, however, certain, that the mentioned mod was present in the "compatible mods" list under the corresponding thread.

Nervous query: So is there a way out of this without reinstallation and possible loss of the saves?

EDIT

Answer: I just used the merger tool found here to merge two global.jrl's in the Override folder (the mod, that edited it, made a backup). I am still uncertain, however, whether the quest itself became playable is still unknown; the journal entries are all right now, though.

EDIT#2

Statement: Just now I returned to Telos and nailed three HK's waiting in the docking bay. The journal updated. However, as I understood, certain conditions are required to enter the factory (besides killing two additional packs of droids) - I stumbled upon a line saying "You cannot enter HK factory willfully, it should happen naturally along the story" (or something similar). Does this mean the factory is accessible only during the return to Telos right before Malachor V?

It being absent is good.

Apparently, the mod in question replaces the globals.jrl instead of adding to it.

It would be good if you could recall which it was so the thread could be modified, no problem if you can't though.

To answer your edit 2, that would indeed be the case. Only after seeing the torture scene on the Hawk though...

(pretty sure that line is part of the 'quest completed' goal update for finding the HK-Factory)

Statement: I believe the "culprit mod" to be the "Tomb of Azgath N'dul" mod (which, in turn, didn't install correctly at all, as the patcher aborted with errors during the transfer of *.lip files. It was at the bottom of the "compatibility list", however. I did copy all the files, so it remains to be seen, whether this mod actually worked). The author did state explicitly, that his mod changes the journal.jrl, and that it that the usage of the Merger tool is appropriate in case some other mod modified it beforehand. Silly me.

Query: And the torture scene happens after nailing three groups of HK's, correct?

Statement: Indeed, I have managed to end the "Finding the HK Factory Quest" (i.e. watched the torture scene). However, whenever I speak to HK about the factory, the game says, that I cannot go there at free will and that it will trigger somewhere along the way.

Query: Is it supposed to be somewhere around the second return to Telos academy?

Statement: I believe the "culprit mod" to be the "Tomb of Azgath N'dul" mod (which, in turn, didn't install correctly at all, as the patcher aborted with errors during the transfer of *.lip files. It was at the bottom of the "compatibility list", however. I did copy all the files, so it remains to be seen, whether this mod actually worked). The author did state explicitly, that his mod changes the journal.jrl, and that it that the usage of the Merger tool is appropriate in case some other mod modified it beforehand. Silly me.

Query: And the torture scene happens after nailing three groups of HK's, correct?

I made a compatibility patch for the issue of tomb of azgath n'dul overwriting the global.jrl, it adds the entries now.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/254-fixed-changesini-for-dis-tomb-of-azgath/

I made a compatibility patch for the issue of tomb of azgath n'dul overwriting the global.jrl, it adds the entries now.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/254-fixed-changesini-for-dis-tomb-of-azgath/

Statement: Actually, there was an issue with that mod as well. That issue was voiced a couple of times on another forum (namely, here), and it was as follows:

...some logging information from TSL Patcher
• Override check: No file with name "avo_rodimscarm2.lip" found in override folder.
• Error: Unhandled exception: Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000 (0)

Statement: I have no idea, whether it has something to do with TSL RCM; however, such an issue reproduced for me (even after trying the recipes in the aforementioned thread, such as removing the "Read Only" flag). It seems some files are missing, but it eludes me, what those are.

Statement: However, thank you for the patch. Glad if I helped discover the small discrepancy.

Can someone tell me how to turn on console for HK-51? And where is their core? I only managed to find panel from maintance droid...