Rtas Vadum

The Grid

Now, this might just be the most cliched thing ever, although in some ways, it fits. Anyway, the obvious thing here is that this intends to change a number of areas, along with a few other things, to have a similar look to much of the world/clothing/etc, of the Grid in Tron: Legacy.

At this point, the only areas in the game that will get this treatment, are:

Peragus - 80%(Mostly need to just make sure I've done everything, and make sure that everything looks right)

the Harbinger - 90%(Along with a bit of polish, I need to take some shots for the loading screens)

Citadel Station(which includes the Military Base and the HK Factory, along with the Academy) - 70%

Narr Shaddaa - 85%

Ebon Hawk(Three options, Normal[blue lines], Corrupted(Red Lines), and Corrupt(Orange-Red Lines with a Red glow) - 90%(Just need a shot for the Corrupted version's loading screens)

Trayus Academy(including parts of Malachor), Jedi Council Chambers - 90%

Duxn Tomb - ??%

Korriban - Testing

M4-78 - WHAT?

As for NPC's, there are quite a few that will get this treatment. Such as a few of the Party members(not including Mandalore, and Hanharr). Most other NPCs that will get this treatment, are ones that appear in the aforementioned areas.

Screenshots will be added here: DeadlyStream Gallery

Nar Shaddaa could use a little more corruption. Great idea! And great execution. I feel like you should replace the stars skybox used in the Ravager with something Tron-y, maybe a subtle grid texture?

I feel like you should replace the stars skybox used in the Ravager with something Tron-y, maybe a subtle grid texture?

TronLegacyMuralWallpaper_zps1c0d079f.png

Damn SH that looks amazing

That is an official Tron Legacy product. Google "Tron Legacy Mural Wallpaper " and you'll see for yourself. It is quite large.

That is an official Tron Legacy product. Google "Tron Legacy Mural Wallpaper " and you'll see for yourself. It is quite large.

Although I would love to, I don't think it would be even possible to get the game to look anything like the city in the movies, much less the graphics of Tron: Evolution. I'd like to have a slight glow on body models(somewhat like the animated lightsaber blades), a slight...shimmer I guess in the lines and texture on some of the areas, but that would require animated textures, which would need to be higher res, or lower res for more frames. But for the most part, what I've already done works. Plus, on Narr Shaddaa, with how dark it is, and the lines, damn does it look like a place to be careful.

I suppose I could get the Citadel, and the Military base to be a bit darker, but I'm not sure how to edit the lightmaps. I'm certainly going to look into that.

Has anyone else done a little bit of work, loaded it into the game, and found that it already looks good? Well, that is partiality what I thought, when I loaded up a save I have, in the Trayus Core. I had thought that I'd have to do a lot more with it before it looks right. However...

TrayusCore1.png

I do still have more to do with it, since I'd imagine that the main part of the Academy won't match that yet. Although, I hope that the same textures aren't used for the Council Chambers, although it might turn out like a hint at just how corrupt they are. I'm thinking at this point that, although named with the "MAL_" prefix, they shouldn't be used for the Academy as well.

Once again, I find that I've done far more than I think. I haven't looked too far(since that room is about as far as I've seen), but I don't doubt that I've missed something. All in good time though.

Also, I have worked a bit with the space texture for Peragus(which is also used for the Citadel, and the Ravager, as far as I know). Only problem would be that I have to work it a bit to get it right, since at this point, it gives away the box that the space really is.

post-8923-0-37691400-1348209072_thumb.png

No pictures, but I do have a few things to say, including the fact that the Trayus Academy is pretty much done, which includes the Council Chamber map. It seems that, while the textures for the Council room are labeled with the "MAL_" prefix, they are only used there, and not in the Academy. Also, the Ebon Hawk reskins are almost done, I just have to take some shots for the Normal and Corrupted loading screens(I've already done the ones for the Corrupt version).

Also, I have two questions, one of them more me wondering if someone would be interested with something on the side.

-The Lit pillars in Nadd's Tomb and the Trayus Academy: There are three textures used for them, along with two that are used for the "Light". What I'm wondering about, is if anyone either knows how to find out, or if anyone knows already if the main textures are used uniquely for each place they appear in, or if they are shared between them. The reason I ask, is because I want to apply the same effect to them that the statue in the main hall of the Academy uses(at the back of the shot in my previous post), but if the textures are shared, then it wouldn't look right, since it would be reflecting the wrong area when seen in the Tomb.

-Discs: Something some might actually expect from this. A few might get it already, but what I mean, is adding a few variants of the discs used in the movie, as weapons. Ideally, there would be at least three versions, pretty much matching the standard circuitry colors in the movie.

Lovely screenie. Creepy Trayus. Haha.

Discs would make this mod an extremely professional package. Those would be awesome to fight with.

-Discs: Something some might actually expect from this. A few might get it already, but what I mean, is adding a few variants of the discs used in the movie, as weapons. Ideally, there would be at least three versions, pretty much matching the standard circuitry colors in the movie.

I have some ideas for your three versions.

The disc from the original movie

Ram_Disc.png

The disc from the Tron 2.0 game (not Tron Revolution)

new_disc.jpg

and the disc from Tron Legacy showing off lighted edges

Codex_weap_identity_disc.png

and shown here, unlit

18549_0057_1_lg.jpg

I have some ideas for your three versions.

The disc from the original movie

Ram_Disc.png

The disc from the Tron 2.0 game (not Tron Revolution)

new_disc.jpg

and the disc from Tron Legacy showing off lighted edges

Codex_weap_identity_disc.png

and shown here, unlit

18549_0057_1_lg.jpg

I actually haven't seen the discs from the first, although I do want to give that movie a watch. I did get Legacy(back in May) and it's soundtrack(a few weeks ago), both of them the main reason I'm doing this. Anyway...

Although that is a nice idea, I'd rather keep it a bit simpler, since that would require one model, versus three. But really, I would hope that someone else would be interested in making them, as I haven't had much luck when I've tried modeling myself. If not, then it certainly won't stop me from finishing this.

Lovely screenie. Creepy Trayus. Haha.

Indeed. The core is the first part of it I saw, but with the way the alpha layers go, it looks a bit funny when you see it from that aerial view. Something I have to fix. Also, the exterior looks creepy as well, but it lacks lines at the moment(aside from the trim on the bridge), as I'm not sure what sort of pattern should be there, if any.

Alright, a few things here. The first thing being that I plan to release at least Peragus/Telos soon, although with Telos I have an issue to deal with. Anyway...

As for Telos, the issue is simple. The floor texture used in the docking bays. For some reason, although I have long since changed the four textures that I assumed to be for that, it seems I have missed something. I honestly have no idea what texture this is, although I won't be surprised at this point to find that it is a texture without the TEL_ prefix. Anyone know the name of this texture?

NS_Window1.png

Now, in this image, I find this hilarious. To explain, in this picture, you see the window in Tien's shop(along with 47 people you can't see). Now, there are two window textures for Narr Shaddaa. Editing those? Did absolutely nothing. However, for Dantooine, there are two window files named almost exactly the same. Take a guess what happened when I edited those? Yep, the results in the above image. Now I just have to hope that it really isn't used for Dantooine, although I don't recall any windows in that area.

JediCouncilChamers1.png

Yep, there is the Jedi Council room. I don't think I've missed anything there, and I do hope using that logo isn't wrong, either by being the wrong one for the era, or by using it in the first place. Anyway, the textures you can see with the red lines? Not much I can do about that. While most textures are indeed separate, obviously a few are shared.

And lastly, I have done some work with Korriban, and...well, I haven't done much with it, since the fact that it deals mostly with rock textures, the very idea clashes a bit. Yeah, I know about the rocks in the movie, but I don't know if it would be a good idea making those textures so dark you can barely see them. Plus, the fact that the area(At least the Valley) is that bright, it won't look as good as Narr Shaddaa(Am I spelling that right?).

Anyone else not seeing a picture?

Given that for some reason, I can't see them, you aren't the only one. Most of the images I've posted have been this way, though most in this thread are linked to the Gallery here. It might have something to do with the size, but I'm not sure.

You might want to get a Photobucket account. That's what I use for all my pictures.

I actually already have one. Used it to upload those images, so they should be visible now.

Also, here is a shot of the Corrupt Ebon Hawk Interior(which is also used for the loading screen):

EbonHawk_Corrupt.png

I see the images here with FireFox, couldn't see them with Internet Explorer.

What do you use, SH?

(or maybe it was a temp thing, and you can see the original 2 too?)

That looks very Tron-y. Nice work! When does that occur in-game?

You mean the Corrupted Interior? Well, as much as I would like to have the Hawk change it's look to match the alignment of the character, I don't think that is possible. So as it is(and as the first post says), there will be three versions, all of them including loading screens. I'm also thinking about doing the exterior textures, but I'm not sure.

However, I might be able have the Hawk look corrupted in the tutorial, since many of those textures are unique to that part. I just hope I can get a "damaged" look that it similar to the movie. What I've done for the Ravager looks okay, but I wouldn't mind finding something better.