Darth_Sapiens

G0-T0 Overhaul

After I've used it a bit (I'm certainly not done), I like it even more than I was thinking I would. However, I would change one thing - making his walk a bit smoother. This can be easily done in the appearance.2da, by changing the 'walkdist' and 'driveanimwalk' columns. I've made the PC entries for those 2.6, which makes the walking similar to NPCs - though that's just a suggestion.

• Like 1

After I've used it a bit (I'm certainly not done), I like it even more than I was thinking I would. However, I would change one thing - making his walk a bit smoother. This can be easily done in the appearance.2da, by changing the 'walkdist' and 'driveanimwalk' columns. I've made the PC entries for those 2.6, which makes the walking similar to NPCs - though that's just a suggestion.

I never really noticed, but that is something I'll definitely play around with for the next update :)

I think G0T0 is fine the way he is.

I'm one of the few who thinks G0T0 is the best droid in the KOTOR games, I mean, this guy is a crime lord, puts a bounty on you, captures you, tries to kill your party members, and then offers to help you AND threatens to kill you at the same time.....what a badass...how can you not like that?

I don't think I've ever seen a droid like him in any Star Wars game before.

I think G0T0 is fine the way he is.

I'm one of the few who thinks G0T0 is the best droid in the KOTOR games, I mean, this guy is a crime lord, puts a bounty on you, captures you, tries to kill your party members, and then offers to help you AND threatens to kill you at the same time.....what a badass...how can you not like that?

I don't think I've ever seen a droid like him in any Star Wars game before.

Oh personality wise & story-wise I completely agree, but usefulness-wise not so much, so I made this mod for people who feel the same way as me.

Everyone, what do you think of my mod? Do you have any suggestions for it? I'm planning on making an update for M4-78 but should I add any more items, tweak stats etc. maybe add an armour that changes his appearance? (I know exactly how to do it now. LOL)

Everyone, what do you think of my mod? Do you have any suggestions for it? I'm planning on making an update for M4-78 but should I add any more items, tweak stats etc. maybe add an armour that changes his appearance? (I know exactly how to do it now. LOL)

Maybe something for variances in his appearance, each with a different theme. Perhaps a jungle camo, a polished silver or gold, maybe some Tron lines, etc.

• Like 1

Well, the one factor that made GOTO interesting was the fact that he was a floating ball.

If he change his appearance to some Sith-looking super-droid....well.....then it loses the charm

for me that ball looked stoopid and unrealistic :)

so let's just say - no one forces anyone to install it ;)

• Like 1

Well, the one factor that made GOTO interesting was the fact that he was a floating ball.

To you maybe but from personal experience there are a lot of spherical droids in star wars. The ball doesn't make him unique his story does.

If he change his appearance to some Sith-looking super-droid....well.....then it loses the charm

I personally have to disagree with you there. It makes him far more interesting, in my opinion.

To you maybe but from personal experience there are a lot of spherical droids in star wars. The ball doesn't make him unique his story does.

I personally have to disagree with you there. It makes him far more interesting, in my opinion.

Here, here.

G0T0's curious appearance may have been visually interesting (or at least thought provoking), but from a gameplay perspective, his design didn't exactly garner anything useful. All he could do was float... and shoot maybe. He had all of the capabilities of a mobile turret with a mouth of sass. No one wanted to play him because HK-47 could do the exact same things (except he could walk and run). IMHO if a game character is useless in gameplay, then no matter how intriguing of a story, they become uninteresting.

• Like 1

Everyone, what do you think of my mod? Do you have any suggestions for it? I'm planning on making an update for M4-78 but should I add any more items, tweak stats etc. maybe add an armour that changes his appearance?

I'm still holding out for glowing eyes before I install the mod. ;)

I greatly enjoy using your mod for the reasons I stated earlier; basically he is more useful and worthy of his constant death-threats to boot!

I only have one question/request. Could you maybe consider making the Current melee iteration of GOTO unique?

I was recently watching the Nar-Shadaa introduction cinematic, and having a bunch of clanking droids just doesn't seem GOTO's style. I figured he'd have left his special model for the exile to use; not an entire armada of them.

My reasons for this are ...basically appearance based. First, they really do clash with the HK50s if there are four of them and four nearly identical of GOTO's; this also contradicts his need for HK50s if he already has mass-produced his own guards to do the same. Second, the appearance of large clanking droids takes away the air of mystery from the whole sequence. The look of a bunch of interrogator-looking floating globes makes the viewer wonder, "who is G0T0? Is he a man controlling these floating guards.. or could they be something else?..."

These are my only real reservations. I like the mod a lot, but this one thing irks me.

Other than that, is this mod compatible with the High Level Force powers mod? If not, that would also be a request... :unsure:

Well, I actually made his appearance unique and modified the utc's for G0-T0 (not his droids), the droid used in that cinematic is actually G0-T0.

As for the guard ship, the original droids are all still there, you can use any reskin that would normally, without my mod of course, effect G0-T0 on them. I actually didn't touch those droids.

To SH: out of all the areas that I'm learning to mod, 3d seems to be the slowest. I'm still figuring out how to do it, but rest assured the moment I know how, you will be the first to know. VP never replied to me so I'm in the dark on the subject and Deadman isn't around here anymore :(.

To SH: out of all the areas that I'm learning to mod, 3d seems to be the slowest. I'm still figuring out how to do it, but rest assured the moment I know how, you will be the first to know. VP never replied to me so I'm in the dark on the subject and Deadman isn't around here anymore :(.

I'm willing to bet other people know how to do this. If you ask in your G0-T0 Overhaul thread over at LucasForums, someone may have an answer.

Well, I actually made his appearance unique and modified the utc's for G0-T0 (not his droids), the droid used in that cinematic is actually G0-T0.

As for the guard ship, the original droids are all still there, you can use any reskin that would normally, without my mod of course, effect G0-T0 on them. I actually didn't touch those droids.

Ah okay. I was reintegrating your mod after another one changed most of the droid values and had already finished the yacht section, so I wasn't 100% sure that they weren't replaced.

Unfortunately, during the cinematic, I remember more than just one droid showing up. Are they all supposed to be party-GOtO?

are you talking about the one with the bounty hunters on his ship? i recently watched it and didn't notice any other droids than g0-t0 what might be happening is that there are other instances of the same utc in the module causing the same droid to be there multiple times, but i am not sure. what mod are you using might i ask?