Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

Which was only based on an interview with Avellone years later, filled with "maybes" and "if I recall correct", so, yeah, it might not been the original intention at all.

@Butlee;

warp 003ebo

Yeah that is right. :D

Something I encountered while testing the Peragus Dormitories. When accessing the console to shut down the gas, I could only shut down the west dormitory since I only found one spike. Upon attempting to do so, the gas in the East Dormitory was also deactivated; thus removing a fairly interesting tactical decision from the player's hands.

Is this a common issue with Vanilla, and would you be able to fix it if it is?

Something I encountered while testing the Peragus Dormitories. When accessing the console to shut down the gas, I could only shut down the west dormitory since I only found one spike. Upon attempting to do so, the gas in the East Dormitory was also deactivated; thus removing a fairly interesting tactical decision from the player's hands.

That is a very interesting issue, Malkior. From what I know, and if I understand KotOR 2 as well as I think I do, it should be a slightly broken script. It is possible, but highly unlikely, that it could be an issue with the parameters in the .dlg. I can look into it in a bit.

Edit: After running the script(from 105.mod, which I assume means TSLRCM's files) through DeNCS, this is what I got:

void main() {
	SetGlobalNumber("105PER_Poison_Gas", 1);
	int int1 = 0;
	while ((int1 < 8)) {
		SoundObjectStop(GetObjectByTag("SteamB", int1));
		(int1++);
	}
	int1 = 0;
	while ((int1 < 37)) {
		DelayCommand(0.5, DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("GasLeak", int1), 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0));
		(int1++);
	}
}

My conclusion: Without having checked the .git, I can only assume that there are 37 "gas traps" from the West and East Dormitories combined. This script shuts them off. The best way to fix this would be to slightly edit the tag and make a second .ut*(not sure which type it is). Then replace one dorm's gas traps with the new item. After that, it's a simple thing to adjust this script and a new one.

However, there are people who've worked with Peragus much more than I probably ever will, so I'd welcome their input.

I have already mentioned these bugs in the TSLRCM stuff forum, but I still wanted to repost them here, to see comments from a broader audience.

-Citadel Station Batono bug. After finding out where he is from the Ithorians, and opening the apartment door, on first conversation you have no option of asking if he is Batono. He will wonder what you are doing in his apartment, and you have only some general LS and DS replies. Talking to him for the 2nd time provides the necessary options, and you can now take him to TSF or to Czerka.

-Remember that repairable speeder on Nar Shadaa? After repairing it and using it to travel to Docks, notice that it is overspawned 13 times in the very same place in the docks module. It is basically 13 speeders on top of each other. This causes a significant lag in that area, especially on older systems. This is an old vanilla bug, I believe I reported it to Stoney a long time ago.

-HK-47 loses equipped weapon after certain EH cutscneses, presumably after the converstaion with T3 regarding the voice-locked navicomputer.

-I have the lightsaber, but Kreia says I don't! I cannot do the lightsaber training.

-If G0-T0 is in your party when you talk to Twilek overseeing the dancers, and decide to send someone from your party to dance, then you can effectively get inside Vogga's chamber with G0-T0 in your party. Moreover, after the dancing, upon exciting the Vogga's chamber, you will get G0-T0 removed from party, waiting near the door, as if you were entering to Vogga, not exiting. Solution to this would be adding a script removing G0-T0 from your party when you talk to Twilek and decide to send the exile or somebody else to dance.

-Bao-Dur Jedi training cutscnene: Bao-Dur keeps standing up and sitting down, while the exile meditates. Not critical but very annoying.

-Playing on Dxun issue. Inside game files there is a text file named "AR_Error"  with the following line "Names Differ: PMBMN pmbnm". Presumably created when I transitioned from Mandalorian camp module to jungle module. I checked override and found these two files: pmbnm.mdl and pmbnm.mdx files. With the help of Kotor tool I found that original Kotor files are also named in the same way. Probably something related to the module? I am not sure if this issue affects the gameplay at all, but it is curious nontheless

-I have the lightsaber, but Kreia says I don't! I cannot do the lightsaber training.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but I believe you need at least 2 lightsabers to initiate the training because Visas needs one to be your sparring buddy. (Though I don't think you need a third one for when she's dual wielding).

I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but I believe you need at least 2 lightsabers to initiate the training because Visas needs one to be your sparring buddy. (Though I don't think you need a third one for when she's dual wielding).

That's actually 3 regular lightsaber you need: 2 for you, one for visas.

That's actually 3 regular lightsaber you need: 2 for you, one for visas.

Holy hell, I completely forgot that one. It's been a while since I played. And I remember mentioning to Zbyl or Stoney that maybe they could add an explaining line that more than one lightsaber is needed.

Holy hell, I completely forgot that one. It's been a while since I played. And I remember mentioning to Zbyl or Stoney that maybe they could add an explaining line that more than one lightsaber is needed.

Once you have your first lightsaber, isn't there one?

Once you have your first lightsaber, isn't there one?

Nope it still says [you need to build a lightsaber]

Then you haven't built your lightsaber . . .

(It checks for the flag set when building your saber with Bao-Dur.)

Then you haven't built your lightsaber . . .

(It checks for the flag set when building your saber with Bao-Dur.)

I have :D I even equipped it, and talked to Kreia.

Do you have custom sabers?

It just checks for the vanilla sabers, might get screwy if using custom-ones...

Do you have custom sabers?

It just checks for the vanilla sabers, might get screwy if using custom-ones...

Nope, all I have is three mods I mentioned in the staff forum section, one is texture mod, the other two are altered Upgrade.2da (RubatFix) and Spells.2da (Force crush fix).  Rubat fix does not change anything except adding a blank line to the 2da file though, and TSLRCM does not have its own Upgrade.2da anyway. 

Well, in my recent playthrough I was given the separate message indicating I needed more lightsabers after crafting my first. So it's there but maybe finicky.

I have a big problem, I'm playing LS Female Consular-Jedi master, there is a large gap in the exp of my characters. I have about 300k experience, and the disciple has about 200k experience.

I was on Nar Shadaa when I first noticed it, already saw Vash and Vrook, have visited Onderon for the first time

i have 1.8.2 and patch 1.0b, i also installed the m-4 enhancement mod

haven't restarted yet.

also in the caves on korriban, before the fight with malak and his jedi followers, but after the conversation, the screen went black. It worked when i saved and reloaded it though.

The XP issue isn't related to TSLRCM but a vanilla feature or bug depending on whom you ask. The NPCs left behind on the Ebon Hawk while the Exile and the party go running about do not earn any experience. There is a Party XP Bug Fix mod by Lit Ridl which will fix this. HouseOfAmon included a modified version with his Influence Bug Fix in the HOA Mod Pack.

The black screen could just be a glitch, especially if it worked after a save and reload.

So what determines differences in individual XP pools? NPCs will usually level up close to each other but sometimes not exactly at the same time if the XP delta happens to be small enough.

I checked out that speeder thing, and it spawns 1 PER loading of the module. Not just the docks, the one in 301NAR too.

Loaded 303, it where 2. Loaded it again, it were 3.

Definitely something we need to do something about...

EDIT:

The problem is deceptively simply. The script checks for the tag "lndspdr003" but the tag of the speeders is "AirTaxi"

I checked out that speeder thing, and it spawns 1 PER loading of the module. Not just the docks, the one in 301NAR too.

Loaded 303, it where 2. Loaded it again, it were 3.

Definitely something we need to do something about...

EDIT:

The problem is deceptively simply. The script checks for the tag "lndspdr003" but the tag of the speeders is "AirTaxi"

So I assume that fixes it? Also, it will not affect the speeder being sabotaged later on?

So little faith in me 0_o.

Yes, it's fixed, and yes, the sabotage works fine too.

Nah, you the man :)

Since the vanilla bug fixing is going so well, I have a few more ideas, let me share them in the staff section...

I looked at it, and it seems you just misunderstood the function. While, yes, it has 2 camera's, it's the same dormitory, and uses the same ventilation system. It's definitely intended that shutting down the ventilation shuts them down at both sides. It was never made to be a choice, a decision (aside from using spike or getting mask).

I looked at it, and it seems you just misunderstood the function. While, yes, it has 2 camera's, it's the same dormitory, and uses the same ventilation system. It's definitely intended that shutting down the ventilation shuts them down at both sides. It was never made to be a choice, a decision (aside from using spike or getting mask).

I ... sort of noticed that on subsequent playthroughs. It is a shame that such an important decision is removed from your hands that way, though.. Perhaps a separate mod from TSLRCM, then? I for one would be interested in something that remedies it.

Thanks for all the work regardless, HH. Hopefully your "to do" list gets shorter as time goes on..

I'm getting a really annoying and pretty game breaking bug where the cutscene where the Harbinger shows up with Darth Sion on it gets stuck while it's panning out after introducing him. After a few seconds of that, it teleports me onto the ship with the Space Suit on, and I'm unable to take it off. I can walk around and fight still, and I can even get off the ship, but no matter what I can't manage to get the damn thing off. So I have the choice of either playing the rest of the game with it on, or trying to fix this bug. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the game, and 1.8.2 to no avail. I'm pretty horrible at diagnosing what's wrong for stuff like this, so I thought I'd ask here.