Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

GAME BREAKING BUG FOUND!

When I'm back at Citadel Station after destroying the Ravager, I cannot talk to Grenn or anyone else. I didn't have this problem with 1.8.0 because I finished the game. When I load my 1.8.0 save file, I get the same problem as when I load my 1.8.1 save file. If I load a 1.8.0 save file from after this point, the game plays fine.

I recently bought the game off steam and re-installed your mod.

The game will not let me make a new save and I have wiped all of my old saves.

Any suggestions?

All the screen says is the "loading" screen and some stuff about checking my journal, it never loads the tutorial or Peragus.

I simply cannot make a new character.

@ Vice; Can't be 1.8.1, since there were no Telos modifications in it at all. If you say it works with 1.8, and your old save also displays it I would look at mods you installed since...

Have a list?

Also check if you have a "grenn.dlg" in your override...

Thanks for the help Hassat.

Some of my final suggestions:

1) Persuading the Serroco entrance guard to speak with the leader and speaking with Serroco leader. (See save game.) If you want to end the conversation with him, you say you don’t want any trouble and he will let you go. You practically always have this option “to leave peacefully”. But if you say you want to talk about the Exchange (at least to see the dialogue options), and then you say “never mind”, he says “you’re not going anywhere” and attacks you. This seems odd… The journal is inconsistent with this saying that I attacked them and infiltrated their territory. Obviously I never attacked them. (Something similar happens if you question his competence to deal with the Exchange.) Also, you only get to speak with him about the Exchange once, that is during your first talk with him. The dialogue option disappears afterwards. So it seems broken.

2) Crowd in Onderon are stacking, bumping at each other after the speaker finishes his speech. (See save game)

3) Bodies in Korriban. Kreia warns you to not disturb them. If you look for their belongings, the summoning of guardians is triggered and Kreia calls you a fool. I think this trigger would be better suited if one actually takes something. I don’t see what is wrong with merely inspecting a body. I even misclicked on one on my way back… causing the “disturbance”.

4) There are cutscenes (AFAIR) where T3 is destroyed by Kreia and where Bao-Dur’s remote is destroyed by G0-T0. These cutscenes seem odd as afterwards both T3 and Bao-Dur are fine and don’t mention anything. So these cutscenes might better be removed for consistency? Ow, and the HK-47 interrogation cutscene is just awesome.

5) THIS I CAN NOT REPRODUCE. In the Palace, during which the beast tries to get through the force field, I encountered at least 3 broken dialogues, two on the bottom side (Kiph) and I think one on the top side. It was as if there was no voiceover, so the dialogue skipped very fast. After I got past the security door everything worked well.

6) When Handmaiden brings Kreia to Atris, Atris says Handmaiden betrayed her or something similar. Thing is, I haven’t let Handmaiden break her oath, and she didn’t become a Jedi.

7) After the death of Nihilus, on the way back, Mandalore gets caught in an explosion. After he rises, he is full health. It would be more convincing if his health was 1. Or if it was made clear that Visas (being able to heal) heals him.

8) During Telos attack, the injured soldier in the Entertainment module doesn’t heal with “Treat Injuries” dialogue option. He also seemed to attack unarmed. Healing him, and possibly giving him a blaster would be more convincing.

Crowd in Onderon stacking.rar

Serroco attack & journal incoherence.rar

@ Vice; Can't be 1.8.1, since there were no Telos modifications in it at all. If you say it works with 1.8, and your old save also displays it I would look at mods you installed since...

Have a list?

Also check if you have a "grenn.dlg" in your override...

"grenn.dlg" is missing from my override. Can you send it to me?

Ehm, not being in the override is a good thing. Means it's not overwriting the intended conversation.

So, what mods?

(will reply to davor when I am not as distracted by obsidian's forums)

4) There are cutscenes (AFAIR) where T3 is destroyed by Kreia and where Bao-Dur’s remote is destroyed by G0-T0. These cutscenes seem odd as afterwards both T3 and Bao-Dur are fine and don’t mention anything. So these cutscenes might better be removed for consistency? Ow, and the HK-47 interrogation cutscene is just awesome.

I have always assumed that when G0-T0 zaps Remote, that is when he reprograms him to freeze on M5. We don't see him do the reprogramming and rebuilding, as that would spoil the surpise...

It's like we have to assume that T3 wipes HK's memory of the Navicomputer being locked after he zaps him in the back..

I believe the trigger for Kriea zapping T3 is T3 revealing information about Revan... so I'm assuming that Kriea is punishing T3 for betraying Revan by giving clues on his/her whereabouts, and discouraging him from doing so again..

I guess it's kind of a bit of a leitmotif that your companions keep wiping each other's memories :cool:

Perhaps OE were having a little dig at Revan's amnesiac episode in K1 (using a cliched plot twist), like how Atton makes a dig at the Pazaak system in K1 or the Ebon Hawk's previous owner makes a dig at the turret minigame in K1. But I'm probably waaay out there! :P

I have always assumed that when G0-T0 zaps Remote, that is when he reprograms him to freeze on M5. We don't see him do the reprogramming and rebuilding, as that would spoil the surpise...

It's like we have to assume that T3 wipes HK's memory of the Navicomputer being locked after he zaps him in the back..

I believe the trigger for Kriea zapping T3 is T3 revealing information about Revan... so I'm assuming that Kriea is punishing T3 for betraying Revan by giving clues on his/her whereabouts, and discouraging him from doing so again..

I guess it's kind of a bit of a leitmotif that your companions keep wiping each other's memories :cool:

Perhaps OE were having a little dig at Revan's amnesiac episode in K1 (using a cliched plot twist), like how Atton makes a dig at the Pazaak system in K1 or the Ebon Hawk's previous owner makes a dig at the turret minigame in K1. But I'm probably waaay out there! :P

You have a point about G0-T0 and the Remote. Never looked at it that way.

So, what mods?

Main game

official patch

TSLRCM 1.8.1

Admirality mod

Nar Shaddaa Skybox

Crazy Dustil

Vao armband drop

Visas lightsaber drop

Create All Miras Rockets

Choose Mira or Hanharr

Peragus Sith Troops to Sith Assassins

Nihilus Zombies Die

Quarterstaff Replacement Pack

Maintenance Officer Reskin

Extended Kreia Party Scene

Atton’s Sith Assassin Garb

Dread Cyborg: PMHA05 PC Head

Bao-Dur build lightsaber dialog fix

Extended Rebuilt Enclave Scene(Unofficial TSLRCM PATCH)

Quello to Watto

Revan’s Longsaber

Update: I've now tried verifying the integrity of my game files and uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. I still can't create a new character.

Update: I've now tried verifying the integrity of my game files and uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. I still can't create a new character.

Have you tried creating a character on a non-modded game? What happens when you try create a character? Did you right click the KotOR folder and uncheck the "Read-Only" box?

I've experienced an issue in the Shyrack Cabe on Korriban. I've had a screen freeze in the area where you should be able to see the bridge across the chasm. You have to fight Shyracks coming out from wither of the tunnels first though - and that's where the screen freeze triggers. Might my equipping "Killblasters" on Atton, Bao-Dur and my Exile be causing this issue or is it just another case of "buggy engine syndrome"?

I've experienced an issue in the Shyrack Cabe on Korriban. I've had a screen freeze in the area where you should be able to see the bridge across the chasm. You have to fight Shyracks coming out from wither of the tunnels first though - and that's where the screen freeze triggers.

My game (even unmodded) often crashes to desktop in that area, so I suppose it's a "buggy engine syndrome". In my case, restarting the game and loading a save which was made at the cave entrance usually helps.

I've experienced an issue in the Shyrack Cabe on Korriban. I've had a screen freeze in the area where you should be able to see the bridge across the chasm. You have to fight Shyracks coming out from wither of the tunnels first though - and that's where the screen freeze triggers. Might my equipping "Killblasters" on Atton, Bao-Dur and my Exile be causing this issue or is it just another case of "buggy engine syndrome"?

Happens to me as well. I spam quick save and I usually get by with little to no crashing.

Have you tried creating a character on a non-modded game? What happens when you try create a character? Did you right click the KotOR folder and uncheck the "Read-Only" box?

Yes, I installed the mod and could create a toon and do the tutorial in vanilla, just not in 1.8.1. Right when I click the play button on the character creation screen it has the loading screen and the bar never moves but the music plays.

What do you mean by read only? I have it on steam.

I've experienced an issue in the Shyrack Cabe on Korriban. I've had a screen freeze in the area where you should be able to see the bridge across the chasm. You have to fight Shyracks coming out from wither of the tunnels first though - and that's where the screen freeze triggers.

I've never had a run through, TSLRCM or not, without this issue. Even when I didn't use the save editor to get lightsabers before completing the appropriate quest (although, by the time I reach Korribian I usually have completed the quest). I always thought it was the engine not being able to hold the amount of things active in the cave that it does, but I'm most likely wrong.

What do you mean by read only? I have it on steam.

Open your Steam folder, goto Steamapps, go to Common, and you should see a Kotor2 folder or something similar. Right click it, select "Properties", uncheck the "Read-Only" box.

So it seems broken.

I'll look at it...

2) Crowd in Onderon are stacking, bumping at each other after the speaker finishes his speech. (See save game)

That's what happens with random walking and many people in a small area. Not much to do (besides lowering amount of listeners, but that would be bad...)

3) Bodies in Korriban. Kreia warns you to not disturb them. If you look for their belongings, the summoning of guardians is triggered

Ehm, that's called "disturbing" in my book. How can you see their inventory without disturbing the bodies. No bug here.

Not so much destroyed as what other users mentioned.

5) THIS I CAN NOT REPRODUCE. In the Palace, during which the beast tries to get through the force field, I encountered at least 3 broken dialogues, two on the bottom side (Kiph) and I think one on the top side. It was as if there was no voiceover, so the dialogue skipped very fast. After I got past the security door everything worked well.

Random engine issue.

6) When Handmaiden brings Kreia to Atris, Atris says Handmaiden betrayed her or something similar. Thing is, I haven’t let Handmaiden break her oath, and she didn’t become a Jedi.

She has however travelled with the Exile. And learned from him. And she's a little crazy and jealous. Again, nothing wrong here.

7) After the death of Nihilus, on the way back, Mandalore gets caught in an explosion. After he rises, he is full health. It would be more convincing if his health was 1. Or if it was made clear that Visas (being able to heal) heals him.

I'm pretty sure it was that way? He is hurt throughout the entire convo after all...

8) During Telos attack, the injured soldier in the Entertainment module doesn’t heal with “Treat Injuries” dialogue option. He also seemed to attack unarmed. Healing him, and possibly giving him a blaster would be more convincing.

Because it's an observation, not a healing.

I always thought it was the engine not being able to hold the amount of things active in the cave that it does, but I'm most likely wrong.

Could be. And I have quite the opposite, only had it once or twice in all my runs. Crashes like hell in KOTOR1 though (bloody Terentatek).

Open your Steam folder, goto Steamapps, go to Common, and you should see a Kotor2 folder or something similar. Right click it, select "Properties", uncheck the "Read-Only" box.

Also, double-check that "automatic updates" (inside Steam, select the game, properties and under the update tab) isn't turned on.

GAME BREAKING BUG FOUND!

When I'm back at Citadel Station after destroying the Ravager, I cannot talk to Grenn or anyone else. I didn't have this problem with 1.8.0 because I finished the game. When I load my 1.8.0 save file, I get the same problem as when I load my 1.8.1 save file. If I load a 1.8.0 save file from after this point, the game plays fine.

I found what's causing the problem. It's the Admirality mod w/ Darth Hayze's patch. When you install the mod, you have a choice to install to TSLRCM or vanilla. Installing to TSLRCM caused the post-Ravager Grenn conversation not to load. I tried installing to vanilla and now the conversation loads. I also checked the log on the Harbinger and it plays fine. I don't know if anything is affected negatively.

Darth Hayze, do you know of any problems that could occur from installing vanilla to a TSLRCM game?

OK. I must have misread the directions. I thought I was supposed to turn automatic updates ON not OFF.

I'll try the read only thing and get back to you all. Thanks so much for all your help so far and I hope to see all the changes you've made soon to 1.8 from 1.7.

Update: No luck. I've changed both steps and it's still freezing when I press play on character creation.

I found what's causing the problem. It's the Admirality mod w/ Darth Hayze's patch. When you install the mod, you have a choice to install to TSLRCM or vanilla. Installing to TSLRCM caused the post-Ravager Grenn conversation not to load. I tried installing to vanilla and now the conversation loads. I also checked the log on the Harbinger and it plays fine. I don't know if anything is affected negatively.

Darth Hayze, do you know of any problems that could occur from installing vanilla to a TSLRCM game?

The TSLRCM team said something doesn't work right with original mod and TSLRCM. I've got to look at the patch stuff and figure this out, I'll get back to you.

I hate to be the squeaky wheel, but I was wondering if anyone had any OTHER ideas about what the heck is wrong?

Did you reinstall the mod after doing those 2 steps?

TSLRCM won't install correctly if the read-only property is not remove from the game folder and its contents.

Did you reinstall the mod after doing those 2 steps?

TSLRCM won't install correctly if the read-only property is not remove from the game folder and its contents.

It tells me it's not read-only and I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. It just will not load the first movie when I press play.

Have you tried to disable movies?

Ya know, I thought about that after I posted it. How do I do that nowadays in steam?