Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8

How come the force power armor power is broken in this game? I think this is a vanilla bug but wouldn't this be considered part of the restoration mod since it was ment to work haha. I don't mean to bash this mod its a very good mod and I haven't come across anything noticeably wrong with this release after playing through 3 planets but figuring out force armor doesn't raise my defense at all pisses me off because I feel jedi are not being given their canonical abilities to be resilient in battle even with no armor.

On Dantooine right outside the Ebon Hawk, when asking the "Battered Protocol Droid" what it knows specifically of your character, it says "You are on the register as one of the Jedi who left the Enclave to fight in the Mandolorian Wars. Isn't it spelt "Mandalorian"?

I know these are such minor things to fix but I understand the team's pursuit of a perfect TSLRCM experience :) Thanks for everything you've done!

When I level up any of my Jedi and get to the Force Powers part of level-up, a force power you can choose is "Finding the HK Factory" and the little icon is just a dot in the middle of the box. The description of the force power is basically the journal entry for when you first discover the sonic imprint sensor is being used to track you by the HK-50s. Just thought I'd let you guys know...

I've had this problem too. Not sure what is causing it.

When I level up any of my Jedi and get to the Force Powers part of level-up, a force power you can choose is "Finding the HK Factory" and the little icon is just a dot in the middle of the box. The description of the force power is basically the journal entry for when you first discover the sonic imprint sensor is being used to track you by the HK-50s. Just thought I'd let you guys know...
I've had this problem too. Not sure what is causing it.

Bug in the Ultimate Sound Mod...

It's using the first non-OE entry in the .tlk, which is indeed the HK-50 goal.

How come the force power armor power is broken in this game? I think this is a vanilla bug but wouldn't this be considered part of the restoration mod since it was ment to work haha. I don't mean to bash this mod its a very good mod and I haven't come across anything noticeably wrong with this release after playing through 3 planets but figuring out force armor doesn't raise my defense at all pisses me off because I feel jedi are not being given their canonical abilities to be resilient in battle even with no armor.

There is a limit on additional defense by spell, which depends on your level. It's very possible you already gain the cap by another spell-combo (speed and something else). If you cast defense 'fresh (so no other powers active)' you'll notice getting the full boost.

I know these are such minor things to fix but I understand the team's pursuit of a perfect TSLRCM experience :) Thanks for everything you've done!

Yup, missed that... if we make a patch I'll be sure to fix it... *added to my list of known issues*

Yup, missed that... if we make a patch I'll be sure to fix it... *added to my list of known issues*

Ha! :eek:

But yes, you really need to change the filefront entry. I have already swayed one guy, on another forum, from downloading the old versions. Also, a few people seem to miss the official game patch.

Can't you add a notification saying: "Download 1.0b suckers!" or something before the installation?

There is a limit on additional defense by spell, which depends on your level. It's very possible you already gain the cap by another spell-combo (speed and something else). If you cast defense 'fresh (so no other powers active)' you'll notice getting the full boost.

Well to be more specific I'm level 14 and I also have master speed. When I take off my clothes and cast master speed I see the +4 defense bonus being added on and then when I try to stack force armor on top no additional defense gets added on. So I try and do force armor first without clothes or any other buffs on and it adds nothing. But like you said it could be my level and I'm not allowed to get a +6 bonus yet. Guess I'll keep playing and hope that the spell will unbreak itself.

I feel like a jerk pointing out all these things out. After Kreia drains the life of the masters on Dantooine and the camera cuts to the Ebon Hawk with Mira, Bao-Dur, and Visas all talking about stopping Kreia and going to Malachor V, the camera points are all off. When Mira is talking, the camera was on Bao-Dur, when the camera was on Mira, nobody spoke, and Visas was not in her chambers when she spoke her lines about confronting Darth Nihilus and standing with the Exile. Just the empty room.

Again though I have to say TSLRCM is absolutely the best improvement to TSL and I loved every bit of it. Dark Sided Male time :D

One last time I hope! When Kreia meets with Atris and says "I am the one who asked her to be exiled in the first place" or something along those lines, halfway through the dialogue it skips to Atris' response.

I feel like a jerk pointing out all these things out. After Kreia drains the life of the masters on Dantooine and the camera cuts to the Ebon Hawk with Mira, Bao-Dur, and Visas all talking about stopping Kreia and going to Malachor V, the camera points are all off. When Mira is talking, the camera was on Bao-Dur, when the camera was on Mira, nobody spoke, and Visas was not in her chambers when she spoke her lines about confronting Darth Nihilus and standing with the Exile. Just the empty room.

Yeah, I couldn't find out where Jinger had set up all the spawnthings to make it look more proper and have them spawn on the proper locations with proper camera's. So I just left it as it is now... :/

One last time I hope! When Kreia meets with Atris and says "I am the one who asked her to be exiled in the first place" or something along those lines, halfway through the dialogue it skips to Atris' response.

Maybe you're confused with it being "I was the one who asked her to be exiled." and you expected "in the first place" to happen even if it shouldn't?

Well to be more specific I'm level 14 and I also have master speed. When I take off my clothes and cast master speed I see the +4 defense bonus being added on and then when I try to stack force armor on top no additional defense gets added on. So I try and do force armor first without clothes or any other buffs on and it adds nothing. But like you said it could be my level and I'm not allowed to get a +6 bonus yet. Guess I'll keep playing and hope that the spell will unbreak itself.

Just like how the game engine limits you to 5 attacks per round, even if more are possible (ex. dual-wield + flurry + master speed + juyo), it also limits how much of a defense bonus you can get via spells.

Like HH said; it's not "broken" at all.

Are you installing in XP SP2 compatibility mode as an admin as HH suggested? This means running the setup.exe in that mode; not just setting the swkotor2.exe to it after installation has finished.

Nope, because he actually just told me admin, which I tried, and got the same result.

Your version was a good one though, (I did XP SP2 mode AND admin this time around) as for now that seems to have solved my problem, so thank you.

I've got two.

1. First is that the handmaiden sisters don't seem to exist inside the academy. They appear to be fine outside, around bao-dur, but indoors, they just aren't there. Haven't had this one till after I downloaded 1.8.

EDIT: Think I've clocked on to why. Googled it, and I have another mod that altered the appearance.2DA file. Read somewhere that may be the cause of the problem. I think the place I read it is somewhere on this forum. BTW, that means this mod is incompatible: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/JuniorModder_Selectable_Luxa_Head;113563

DOUBLE EDIT: Oops, and this one:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Slender_Body_for_Females;41158

I want to double check this BTW, but the correct appearance.2Da is 147KB right?

2. Another bug is one that I've had for a while, including when I used 1.7. Not sure if anyone else has/had it. And I was not using any other mods in tandem. On Telos, at the very end of the big Czerka underground place where you find the shuttle, straight after you leave, there is this part where the HK-50s talk a lot. What happens, the HK voices and writing are not the same. Hard to explain, but I'll try. The writing on screen goes something like Statement 1 > Query 1 > Answer 1 > Query 2 > Statement 2, but the voices are going Query 1 > Answer 1 > Query 2> Something else totally > Statement 2 at the same time as the writing comes up.

1. Probably slender bodies. But pretty much only because it seems it doesn't use TSLPatcher to augment appearance.2da, but simply replace it.

The maidens outside appear because that's handmaiden, but the different maidens (as should be) don't appear because it's not in a vanilla TSL appearance.2da

EDIT: Seen your edit... Yes, TSLRCM's is 147kb. And has these lines added (which explains why without them, no sisters);

671 Party_NPC_Kreia_Seppuku

672 Handmaiden_Sister

673 Handmaiden_Sister_Corrupted

674 Republic_Captain_Mal_Black

675 Republic_Captain_Fem_White

676 Republic_Captain_Mal_White_02

677 Masked_Duros **** N_MaskedDuros

As you can see, you can get many more issues using a vanilla appearance.2da.

2. Use official patch 1.0b. It fixes that.

That graphics issue has nothing to do with TSLRCM. Have you checked there is nothing wrong with your graphics card? Ages ago, I had a problem with KotOR1 and the sky textures just when weird and it got worse with time but it would only happen some times. I eventually fixed it by replacing my graphics card but try updating first.

That graphics issue has nothing to do with TSLRCM. Have you checked there is nothing wrong with your graphics card? Ages ago, I had a problem with KotOR1 and the sky textures just when weird and it got worse with time but it would only happen some times. I eventually fixed it by replacing my graphics card but try updating first.

I can confirm this. I have TSL without TSLRCM on my computer and I was having the same graphics issue. Try seeing if you have updates available and let us know how that worked out for you.

(Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't have TSLRCM 1.8 on my computer yet. I'm waiting for M4-78 EP. Back to recording before my flight tomorrow!)

Shame on you SH, shame on you.

The issue bendary mentioned is just overheating though, which isn't exactly the same as what's going on here. What is though, I still don't know...

2. Use official patch 1.0b. It fixes that.

Cheers! Been wondering about that problem for AAAAGES. Should've checked in earlier.

Hey - so basically I signed up today, just so I could talk to you guys - first and foremost - this stuff is amazing, truly brings out 100% more quality in the game :) Very well done!

Second, I have an issue, being that I'm on my 3rd group of HKs, but my journal doesnt update after fighting them... I've killed my 3rd group on Nar Shaddaa, after speaking to Zez-Kai-Ell, and then when it didnt work I thought maybe the next one would... so I went out and in the landing place when I came out of the docks, there was another group, I also killed and nothing updated, since that time I've killed 2 more groups on Dantooine, and still no updating or new dialogue from HK-47. Any idea what's going on? I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't see every bit of content you guys have restored. Please and thank you :D

Hey - so basically I signed up today, just so I could talk to you guys - first and foremost - this stuff is amazing, truly brings out 100% more quality in the game :) Very well done!

Second, I have an issue, being that I'm on my 3rd group of HKs, but my journal doesnt update after fighting them... I've killed my 3rd group on Nar Shaddaa, after speaking to Zez-Kai-Ell, and then when it didnt work I thought maybe the next one would... so I went out and in the landing place when I came out of the docks, there was another group, I also killed and nothing updated, since that time I've killed 2 more groups on Dantooine, and still no updating or new dialogue from HK-47. Any idea what's going on? I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't see every bit of content you guys have restored. Please and thank you :D

Are you sure HK-47 is with you when you encounter them?

Are you sure HK-47 is with you when you encounter them?

Yes, every time.. it's the same dialog everytime I encounter them though.. HK leaves the party when we fight them, on account of the explained thing about them being him etc, i presume... but i assumed the same dialog thing was fine, as it updated the 2nd group...

Yes, every time.. it's the same dialog everytime I encounter them though.. HK leaves the party when we fight them, on account of the explained thing about them being him etc, i presume... but i assumed the same dialog thing was fine, as it updated the 2nd group...

Strange... Using any other mods? You're right, the lines don't change.

Yeah I am using some mods:-

Call of Aid TSL 1.2

Hak Pad

Skip Peragus

Both Hilts - Double sabers and Single - the single ones are the movie style, the double are the only ones there

I'm using the Skip Peragus because of a glitch I found, where on said Peragus, the HK-50 droid is just standing over by a door, when he's supposed to try and stop me from getting off the asteroid... when i went and talked to Atton, he still thought i was looking in the Dormitory.

Are these mods detrimental? :/

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that not all of the HK encounters qualify. It's not crucial to have Hk-47 with You, what you really need to see is if the Hk-50 talk before fighiting.

If they say their typical lines about termination of ostility and blah blah, then, they qualify as "Factory encounter" If not, then You don't need them. If you already have met two of them, I'm pretty sure that one useful encounter happens in Iziz, where you can see them in an alley in the first part of the city.

Are these mods detrimental? :/

Eeeehmmm...

I'm using the Skip Peragus because of a glitch I found, where on said Peragus, the HK-50 droid is just standing over by a door, when he's supposed to try and stop me from getting off the asteroid... when i went and talked to Atton, he still thought i was looking in the Dormitory.

Yes?

Indeed, you don't need HK in your party. What does your questlog say?

The HK's in the docks and what-301-is-called-again count... however the groups seen before on NS (during the run to the docks, as T3 or Goto's Yacht) don't...