ZM90

KotOR1 Restoration Demo Impressions and bug reporting thread

Yeah, that looks as if the Iriaz is also attempting to target the person who's in first person view (I assume you're in first person view). Anyway, there isn't anything we can do about that without requiring way more work than it would be actually worth. Just ask Sithspecter, he'll tell you how hard animating for KotOR is.

Yeah, that looks as if the Iriaz is also attempting to target the person who's in first person view (I assume you're in first person view). Anyway, there isn't anything we can do about that without requiring way more work than it would be actually worth. Just ask Sithspecter, he'll tell you how hard animating for KotOR is.

Well they haven't been attacking me or my party. The only way they seem to turn towards me is if I click on them. This has happened on several different angles regardless. I can see it is not really the animation now, but its just they don't stay in the right position. Can that be looked into?

edit:

OK, by playing this in several different ways I can conclude that they will only turn in my direction when they are fighting kath hounds. When in "disengage mode," they keep to them selves and don't pay attention to me unless I click them. Still . . . is there a way so they wont pay attention to me while they engage enemies? They are really pretty to look at but it looks so weird when they do that thing in the video. It would be cool to see them in action with out them turning their eyes on me then back on the kath hound.

I honestly wouldn't know about animations so it might or might not be possible to do that. And yeah, they're not supposed to attack your party so that's good.

It maybe that the Iriaz are cycling through targets due to something in their combat scripts, doubtful but possible, so I'll take a look at that as well.

Just looking through some of the reported bugs.

I see many people reported the absence of the footlocker in the pool in the Vulkar Base. This is true, the footlocker was not there but the items it was supposed to contain are found in the newly added sub level.

Fantastic work guys, thanks for spending so much time in creating this and attending to the bugs.

Please let me know if you have mailing list to keep people posted on what your doing. Would hate for the next Mod to come out and miss hearing about it!

The development is dead? If not, may you restore the Manaan's "Disable local power grid" event or quest?

The development is dead? If not, may you restore the Manaan's "Disable local power grid" event or quest?

The development is most certainly not dead. However, it doesn't appear that that's cut at all. Just BioWare having some fun.

With the Windows XP Professional installed as Operative System. I installed the Knights of the Old Republic game using the 4 CDs, then install the Kotor 1 Restoration Demo (Beta). No other mods were installed.

Taris

1. Invited to a party quest: the party animation did not work. The people inside the apartment did not fall drunk to the ground. Revan can take the Sith Uniforms and weapons but the quest did not close.

2. The Duel Ring quest: the fight of Revan vs Bendak Starkiller did not happened because there was a lack of dialog from Revan to Ajuur, the Hutt. This quest stays unresolved.

Dantooine

Murdered Settler quest: In the Calder‘s murder case on Grove, there is no dialog to find the motive of the murder and this quest turned as unresolved.

Kashyyyk

Hidden Hunters quest – there is a lack of dialog from Revan to the wookie, Grrrwahrr in order to close this quest. After Revan finds the Star Map on the Shadowlands, the Wookies overpower the hunters; then Revan should come back to the Shadowlands to report this event to the wookie, Grrrwahrr. This final dialog from Revan to Grrrwahrr should be added to close this quest.

By the way, the rest of the mod works fine. This Mod is AWESOME. Congratulations to all of you.

With the Windows XP Professional installed as Operative System. I installed the Knights of the Old Republic game using the 4 CDs, then install the Kotor 1 Restoration Demo (Beta). No other mods were installed.

Here I found the following problems:

1. Taris

a) Invited to a party quest: the party animation did not work.

B) The Duel Ring quest: the fight between Revan vs Bendak Starkiller did not happened because there is a lack of dialog from Revan to Ajuur, the Hutt.

2. Dantooine

a) Murdered Settler quest: In the Calder‘s murder case on Grove, there is no dialog to find the motive of the murder and this quest turned as unresolved.

3. Kashyyyk

a) Hidden Hunters quest – there is a lack of dialog from Revan to the wookie, Grrrwahrr in order to close this quest. After Revan finds the Star Map on the Shadowlands, the Wookies overpower the hunters; then Revan should come back to the Shadowlands to report this event to the wookie, Grrrwahrr. This final dialog from Revan to Grrrwahrr should be added to close this quest.

By the way, the rest of the mod works fine. This Mod is AWESOME. Congratulations to all of you, guys.

We know about the other things and a patch will be made, and we didn't touch Kashyyyk for the demo.

I was looking through this tread and I saw the post about the Iriaz animations. After looking at the animations and discovering everything was okay on their end I thought of a possible solution. Add the Iriaz .mdl and .mdx to your restoration. These hold the animations. Perhaps having them in the override folder will fix the problem. If that doesn't clear things up than I don't know what will as the animations look fine.

Very promising project. KotOR deserves to be restored. I wish you guys good luck on finishing this mod!

I downloaded your demo and I'm at the cantina on Taris. I noticed that Niklos won't play Pazaak with me and won't answer any questions but I also read that you'll fix this. I liked Carth's restored dialogue in the Taris Apartment. Looking forward to see more!

I encountered an error.

When I go down to the Lower City, I find a Rodian Black Vulkar member. If I don't initiate conversation with him within 5 seconds, I won't be able to activate anything anymore, the game won't even respond to the buttons.

When I manage to initiate conversation and defeat him, a cutscene starts with the Hidden Beks and Black Vulkars fighting. The problem is that they don't kill each other and I become stuck, unable to skip the cutscene. I have to resort to the good old ctrl-alt-del combo.

I don't have any other mods installed so I don't know what to do.

Strange... I remember testing that and that never happened. I'll go check again later today. For now I'd say uninstall the mod, load a save before entering the lower city, get through that glitched part, then reinstall the mod.

Strange... I remember testing that and that never happened. I'll go check again later today. For now I'd say uninstall the mod, load a save before entering the lower city, get through that glitched part, then reinstall the mod.

Thank you! I removed the tar_m03aa.mod file from the modules folder and it solved the problem.

I just hope I didn't miss out on anything important.

Good solution. Definitely smarter than uninstalling the whole thing.

There's not much in that area of the lower city. Just that guy who was messing it up and then a couple civilians walking around.

Sounds like it got to cutscene mode, but then... didn't play a cutscene?

It has the effect mentioned...

Could be the cutscene mentioned that should play afterwards intervines?

Well there's this Rodian that should talk to the PC practically as soon as he/she enters the lower city. What's happening sounds strange so I'll have to check it again.

That's a known bug... It's been fixed, but the fixes won't be released until all the fixes have been completed.

Any chance we can have a work around for Bolook's quest? I love the demo, but it's annoying not being able to finish quests that worked fine in the regular game. Thanks.

Any chance we can have a work around for Bolook's quest? I love the demo, but it's annoying not being able to finish quests that worked fine in the regular game. Thanks.

I'll take a look. If there are still a bunch of bugs that we haven't fixed yet I'll just release the Bolook fix but if there are only a couple left we'll fix those up and then release the whole patch.

Thanks. I don't mean to sound pushy, but it is annoying. :) Will we need to start a new game with the patch or will a saved game before Bolook's quest work fine?

Thanks. I don't mean to sound pushy, but it is annoying. :) Will we need to start a new game with the patch or will a saved game before Bolook's quest work fine?

I'll have to take a look at the files again but I think a save game should work.

Sounds good. I was thinking of doing a different character if you guys are adding in more content before Dantooine, so it's no big deal if a new game is needed. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Hey there. Any updates on this or are you busy with the holidays? No worries if you are, family comes before modding. ;) Thanks.