darthbdaman

Improved Tobin Cutscene

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tobin scene do you prefer?

• Version 1
    • Version 2
    • Version 3
    • I like it just the way it is.
    • I have different ideas about this cutscene, which I'll explain below.

Which version do you prefer?

Version 1

Version 2

Version 3, which is Version 2 with improvements like these;

• {General} Tobin should not have a gun. It is massive and gets in the way.
  • {General} The camera angles make it obvious that he is not touching his throat
  • {00:08 - 00:10} The camera should focus on Tobin before he starts saying "Lord I... bring..." (It is very weird and it seems like Nihilus is going to start talking otherwise :eek:)
  • {00:16 - 00:25} Tobin should stop choking before Nihilus walks forward and then Tobin should drop to his hands and knees instead of being raised in the air
  • {00:40 - 00:46} Nihilus should not walk forward, he should simply turn around. Tobin should get up and walk away after Nihilus turns around.

Post if you have other ideas for changes.

Version 3, but forget the choking animation altogether. Use the lift/choke animation.

Nihilus should also have some more Sith speak in between Tobin's lines. He should also be generally much closer to Tobin. Face to face, preferrably. Will increase the menacing factor of the scene.

For the last line, Tobin should drop to his knees. As he whispers "enough to free Onderon", have Nihilus walking away.

Version 3, but forget the choking animation altogether. Use the lift/choke animation.

Nihilus should also have some more Sith speak in between Tobin's lines. He should also be generally much closer to Tobin. Face to face, preferrably. Will increase the menacing factor of the scene.

For the last line, Tobin should drop to his knees. As he whispers "enough to free Onderon", have Nihilus walking away.

But the lift animation looks so silly when he does it to Tobin. Why would he go overboard...? Remember, he doesn't even care that we board his ship later on. I don't think Nihilus should speak, rather cross his arms (like he does in Kreia's fall video)

But the lift animation looks so silly when he does it to Tobin. Why would he go overboard...? Remember, he doesn't even care that we board his ship later on. I don't think Nihilus should speak, rather cross his arms (like he does in Kreia's fall video)

Looks a lot less silly than the choking/flailing animation while he's talking.

I'm just saying, Nihilus has a weak presence in the story as it is. To top it off, as a boss, he's waaaay too easy.

Version 3; Easier said than done though.

Also see; Just making Goto walk. It's so easy to say, it's impossible to execute...

I am voting erm...5. I agree with everything with 3 except for two things.

1. I think that if Tobin falls to his knees it would just be redundant to what happens to Visas and basically everyone Kreia confronts. I prefer the lifting animation for its uniqueness and that Nihilis really needs more scene presence.

2. I believe that Nihilis is kind of understated as it is, and if this guy is a physical embodiment of Darkside energy, he should at least walk rather than cross his arms.

When I saw the clip, I thought it made the scene more tense when Nihilis ominously walked toward Tobin; While I watched the scene, I was thinking, "If he can choke out Visas when he just points at her, imagine what would happen if he's actually getting up close to confront someone" I also think it shows just how much Tobin ticked him off walking up to him, unannounced.

Hope you don't mind me offering an opinion, but this is what I thought too.

I understood Nihilus to be asserting his dominance over Tobin here, so what about having him silently move towards Tobin as he is choking him, then when Tobin has finished saying his piece about Telos, Nihilus drops the choke, turns his back and just walks away whilst Tobin gasps for breath and weakly delivers the 'free Onderon' line?

That's because there are 3 movies cut together, so the little jumps when he walks are just start/end of seperate movies...

In short; my crappy recording skills/tools.