Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

Personally, I prefer version one. However if you decide for the second one in the end, I would recommend changing the camera when Tobin is choked, so that the empty space between his neck and where his hand is is less apparent (that would be a shot from the front and a little from Tobin's left.)

I agree with all of these points.

Well I guess I'm not in the majority when I say this but I think version 2 is better, so long as you do what Bead-V suggested and change the camera angle.

It's MOVIES NIGHT...

Just added the following;

{[Gameplay Programmer: Fade from black, opens on the circular room, where the black ball is hovering. The player gets dumped to in the center of the room before the droid, and there are a few seconds of the player lying there, before G0-T0 materializes before him.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Walks in a circle around the player, or else materializes at different points, to give the simulation of observing the player all over.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Materializes very close to the player, as if studying him in the above line.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Player gets to his feet in the next node, G0-T0 asks him the question as he stands.]}

to the Goto cutscene. Below you can see the result of that.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/videos/gameplay-programmer-approved-goto-start

Again, feedback very welcome!

I'm sorry, but he looks rather dumb talking to the unconscious Exile, for this is the most immediate impression one gets when sees her lie on the floor like that.

I think it looks more realistic. I never got the point that your standing up wide awake and He's saying I hope you are not in too much pain to hear me. I always thought that was messed up. This looks more realistic as you were shocked and fell the last we saw on Nar Shadaa and then we see you still in that lying state. In my mind the Jedi can hear him speaking but isn't ready to get up yet. It's like the same scenario when the Jedi Master Zez-Kai Ell speaks to the exile after being knocked out by Mira.

I do agree that it would be nicer if you can make G0-T0 walking around the exile instead of appearing at different points

P.S. All the work being done for this restoration is great.

P.P.S. I also like version 1 best for Tobin-Nihilus scene

I like the idea where he walks around the player, i also like version 1 best for Tobin-Nihilus scene.

Can't do. Even if I make Goto able to pass through the PC, the pathfinding still has issues with the PC's body... and he just ends up doing stupid and starting conversation *inside* the exile :/

EDIT:

Also annoying is how 3 seconds is sometimes not enough to get to a node... but making it longer makes Goto not walk there at all. :censored:

Why not make the first line of G0-T0's a (very) short cutscene, then start the dialogue node?

BTW, I might very well be talking about something I have no complete understanding of.

So, spend WAAAY too much time improving the Tobin-Nihilus scene for 1.8. Already plenty before this testrun, and some things bothered me now, thus even more today.

Leading to v1 at first... then later v2. However which version of tormenting Tobin is the most loved? Sadly enough, can't torture him twice in a single movie.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/videos/tobin-nihilus-v1#imagebox

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/videos/tobin-nihilus-v2#imagebox

Feedback much appreciated,

-HH

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring: I liked version two better, because I kind of hate how an NPC is CLEARLY incapacitated by horror or something similar (choking), and can still belt out an entire speech.

I find it much more realistic that he is pulling himself up in order to breathe and gasping out what few words he can manage. Also, if he is writhing the entire time (with his head flailing about), how is he able to keep his voice level?

Edit__

That said, I like version two better.

Why not make the first line of G0-T0's a (very) short cutscene, then start the dialogue node?

BTW, I might very well be talking about something I have no complete understanding of.

Not sure what you're talking about. You mean do the walkaround with "I was expecting someone taller". I suppose that's possible, but not what the developer notes say. Then again, no harm slightly diverting from them if it improves the scene considerably.

Anyways...

Enjoy the very LAST fix of my first TSLRCM 1.8 run.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/gallery/image/226-3c-out-of-t3s-way/

Now it's just up the Zbyl to update the installer, then I can do a second (and final!) run...

• Like 1

Well I guess I'm not in the majority when I say this but I think version 2 is better, so long as you do what Bead-V suggested and change the camera angle.

Actually, I think I like the second option better too, but I'd agree it has a few problems with the angle. I didn't even realize Nihilus was choking Tobin while holding him in the air until after Nihilus released him. If you want to use the second option that really should be fixed, so it's very clear what Nihilus is doing. With the current angle, it also doesn't look as if Tobin is so much in pain as uncertain, which clashes with his pained, choking voice.

I think I like the idea where he walks around the player rather than teleporting.

I agree. Having Goto teleport around looks quirky, especially since he has to turn to face the Exile so much. It's like it's hammering the point home that he is really not there, which is redundant given that he is obviously a hologram. I think dramatically the need is greater to signify the ominous presence of Goto as a threat, which works better if he just walks around, because it underscores that the Exile cannot escape him. With the teleportation, he looks more like a holographic image that can just be turned off whenever, which is not the dramatic presence I think is best here. I think he'd be more ominous just walking around, studying the Exile in a manner similar to an evil scientist studying a guinea pig in his lab. This also fits with his use of the word "specimen". If you can't make him walk around, I'd prefer he just stands there talking while studying the Exile.

As for the Exile, I don't think you should let him lie there for so long. It's fine in the beginning, but let him stand up by the time Goto finishes his first line, but use the animation of a wounded character, where he is holding his arm for a little while longer to underscore the Exile's vulnerability in this situation. Just for five to ten seconds. After that the Exile would probably strain himself to appear unhurt, so that he can defy Goto in appearance while they talk.

• Like 2

Having Goto teleport around looks quirky, especially since he has to turn to face the Exile so much.

Have you tried destroying and respawning the hologram instead of jumping, HH? That might get rid of those orientation problems (though you'd have to make sure that that hologram is not the owner of the dialog, else it'll drop). And maybe if he teleported a bit faster it would look better. As for the walking around, as I imagine it, it would look even worse.

If nothing works though, have him just stand there, as 105491689125 suggested.

• Like 1

Okay, the way the two options are now, I would definitely go for version 1.

But version 2 has more potential for becoming a better cutscene, if the necessary adjustments (suggested above) are implemented.

Have you tried destroying and respawning the hologram instead of jumping, HH? That might get rid of those orientation problems (though you'd have to make sure that that hologram is not the owner of the dialog, else it'll drop).

It is. And already in the module at the start. And the instigator of the conversation, set in multiple scripts. So changing that all for the cutscene was opening a whole can of worms not needed.

If nothing works though, have him just stand there, as 105491689125 suggested.

Then I might as well keep the original :/

I like the second version of the Tobin scene better, but it needs a few improvements.

• {General} Tobin should not have a gun. It is massive and gets in the way.
  • {General} The camera angles make it obvious that he is not touching his throat
  • {00:08 - 00:10} The camera should focus on Tobin before he starts saying "Lord I... bring..." (It is very weird and it seems like Nihilus is going to start talking otherwise :eek:)
  • {00:16 - 00:25} Tobin should stop choking before Nihilus walks forward and then Tobin should drop to his hands and knees instead of being raised in the air
  • {00:40 - 00:46} Nihilus should not walk forward, he should simply turn around. Tobin should get up and walk away after Nihilus turns around.

Was there ever additional dialogue between Kreia and Tobin? I always thought that that particular storyline was a little brief.

Was there ever additional dialogue between Kreia and Tobin? I always thought that that particular storyline was a little brief.

I agree. Also, Tobin says that there are "hundreds of Jedi" for Nihilis(sp?) to feed on in the academy at Telos, but it makes no sense that he wouldn't already know that's wrong, since he felt the gathering of what few Jedi were left on Katarr. So some explanation for that would be nice, if it exists.

I like the 2nd Tobin scene.

You should do what derthbdaman suggested (If you are going to go with #2). otherwise they are both good cut scenes.

I don't see why it would have been beyond Malak... he bombarded Taris to try and kill Revan, did he not? Had he been aware of a Jedi refuge on Telos as on Katarr there's no reason why Revan would have to have been the one to order it. We really need a KOTOR3 where Revan comes back and answers all our questions :P

Anyway, back on topic. I wonder how much dialogue there is in KOTOR2 that has nowhere to fit in. Like Kreia's dialogue in Freedon Nadd's tomb. I know that Mass Effect has lines recorded that are impossible to hear in game just on the order you pick up companions, and I do wonder if KOTOR2 is the same. Like Mandalore/HK/Mira having lines for Telos/Peragus.