Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

So 1.8 is not released yet then.

Are we talking about something like that it could be released tomorrow or a in a few months?

(Obviously, you can't state categorically any date suggested is set in stone.)

Hello, so it's been a while since I've been on here and I finally am deciding to sit down and enjoy KOTOR II again, with all the hard work in the Restoration Mod.

Although I see v. 1.7 and a (progressing perhaps?) 1.8.

Should I download 1.7 and play it through, or wait for 1.8 before beginning a game?

Is there anything more stable or absolutely inherently better about 1.8? (Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, there's so much on these forums.)

Thanks guys!

If you could wait 7 years, a few months are quite negligible. So I think it's more worth waiting for 1.8, considering it's much closer to being released - IMHO - than it was a few months ago (at which point I'd have suggested starting the game with 1.7), and there is also the possibility that 1.8 will come out before you could finish your play-through with 1.7, which will surely ruin your game should it happen.

Guest Revan39

Thanks for this update! I can't wait for playing with 1.8. Keep up the good work. :cool:

If you could wait 7 years, a few months are quite negligible. So I think it's more worth waiting for 1.8, considering it's much closer to being released - IMHO - than it was a few months ago (at which point I'd have suggested starting the game with 1.7), and there is also the possibility that 1.8 will come out before you could finish your play-through with 1.7, which will surely ruin your game should it happen.

I disagree with SiZo's opinion, Icewolfer93. I'd play 1.7 right now. If you like what's been done in 1.7, you'll still like what's coming out in the 1.8 version, whenever that gets released. The game gets older with each passing moment so enjoy it while you're still interested in playing it.

Well, the reason it wasn't released so long ago is still the same reason it isn't now; The HK-Factory still has some touch-up needed. But since VP mentioned he's working on it recently then yes, hopefully it shouldn't take too long.

And the extra time wasn't wasted, some more fixes were added (and will be from now to release) and we worked on M4-78EP instead too...

Depends wheter when you want to play it.

And obviously 1.8 will contain less bugs, some more content and stuff like such... some with a pretty heavy impact like the Random Generated Loot fixes throughout the entire game...

Random loot's been "fixed" before, I think. How will 1.8's fix be different?

Depends on what was 'fixed' before.

The robes issue? The droid "headgear" issue? The 'rare loot may exceed maximum value and return nothing' issue? Because they are now...

So the rare stuff that wasn't showing up actually has a chance to, now?

I think that the previous fixes had something to do with the PC's level.

Yup.

* Robes. They accidentially cut it by half (so 15 instead of 30) even with it saying above //Robes work different!

* Droid slot. They typo'd the itemname :/. EVERYWHERE. Except for the items themselves obviously.

* Some other nifty stuff... mostly by VP.

Yup.

* Robes. They accidentially cut it by half (so 15 instead of 30) even with it saying above //Robes work different!

* Droid slot. They typo'd the itemname :/. EVERYWHERE. Except for the items themselves obviously.

* Some other nifty stuff... mostly by VP.

Very cool.

Can't wait until this is ready.

You guys are amazing!

I've been wanting to play KOTOR for a while, but was too lazy to go out and get it. Finally last october, I found someone who had them and let me borrow them. Needless to say, i was hooked. Doing everything I could to find out more, I found the article on Wookiepedia about all the cut features from KOTORII. Needless to say, I was stunned that all this awesome stuff was cut, and even more stunned that the super patch wasn't allowed to be released! The article had links to fan attempts of restoring the lost content. Great I thought, time to go forum searching for mods of a 5-6 year old game. Bracing for the ghost town forums and dead links, I finally found this site, and specifically this thread. Posted midway through 2011, I figured hopefully the internet hasn't taken this away already, and was happily surprised that there were still posts to this day!

Long story short, keep up the good fight! I've been around long enough to know some mods die due to lack of perceived demand, but I'm behind you guys!

Repeated ad nauseum, can't wait for the the new updated

I noticed that Opo Chano on Citadel Station allows you to sell him items in order to pay off his debt to the Exchange. Is there a way to remove sell items from his merchant screen until after you pay off his debt? It just seems a little odd that you can pay him off with his own credits. It might be better to just remove him as a merchant and give him dialogue along the lines of "I'm not buying or selling to you until you pay off my debt." if you ask him about what he has for sale.

I would like to bring this one's fine opinion back into the light.

Great update a while back, Sith Holocron, thanks for taking the time. And very much looking forward to it, HH, although I barely have any idea what you're talking about.

Great update a while back, Sith Holocron, thanks for taking the time.

Are you talking about this update? I almost didn't post it because I didn't want anyone's feelings trod upon. Luckily, it wasn't taken that way.

And very much looking forward to it, HH, although I barely have any idea what you're talking about.

I think (HH, correct me if I'm wrong on this matter) that he corrected mistakes in the scripts so more robes and droid items will now appear when your characters loot things such as corpses and lockers. I don't know what items VP restored though. Perhaps HH can enlighten us if it's not a spoiler.

Not quite. Atleast not "more". Now the proper robes drop (2-30, since 1 is basic clothing) instead of 1-15. The droid headslot never appeared at all (since, typo'd). But since it could be rolled it would use up a "drop", meaning it might in some way be seen as more, as in no longer not giving you what you were supposed to be.

Same for the 'rare loot' issue, exceeding 30 (since there's only 30 items at max, and any calculation for items who give less are made with 30 at mind. So with armor (15), 32 would become 16, meaning "nothing"... So that was fixed. Since this post is complicated enough as is, I wont bother with the details :).

VP pretty much did some minor fixes to levels to make some appear that couldn't before due to whacky math (stuff I don't mess with :)) and added a lightsaber color randomisation. So it's no longer based on level what color you receive. Although certain colors (viridian, silver, you get it) are more rare than the common colors still.

Unless I am mistaken, in vanilla, for families of objects with 30 objects, that is from level 24 of the Exile that the rare loot calculations begin to fall in a vacuum.

Normal levels of the objects that can be found, for those families, are:

Level of the Exile + (random from 0 to 7) -5

Therefore, if the level of the Exile is 20, "Normal level" may take a value between 15 and 22 (the Exile can find objects whose level is between 15 and 22).

After this initial calculation, if "Normal level" exceeds 30, it is reduced to 30 decreased by a random number between zero and six. It will always be between 24 and 30.

From time to time, the lottery gives a rare item, i.e. an object whose quality exceeds that of the objects normally found for the actual Exile level.

This is triggered by a value found in the variable 000_RareItemChance. The game begins with this variable set to a random value between 0 and 94. This value increased by +3 for each lottery. Whenever this value exceeds 100, a rare item is "offered" and 000_RareItemChance is reset.

A rare item has a "Normal object level" + 5.

If the Exile is at 20, a "Normal object level" is 15-22 and a "Rare object level" may be 20 to 27 (so, a really rare object would be an object with a level 23 to 27).

pioches_1_30.gif

This is different for families of objects with 25 objects in the family (i.e. energy crystals)

This is the same /2 for families of objects with 15 objects in the family.

There are other cases (like implants).

It is possible to make a backup, XBox and PC versions, before a lottery, and try again and again until you get a better lottery (the +3 each time in 000_RareItemChance).

It is possible, on PC, to accelerate a bit the luck by setting the value of 000_RareItemChance to 97 (with KSE) and reload the save.

So it's a bad idea to make unlimited PX very early in the game and exceed the level 28 of the Exile early in the game.

The level of the Exile for the loots is based on the level displayed, unlike the level of combats that is based on experience (the total number of PX (G_PC_LEVEL), regardless of the apparent level of the Exile).

http://deadlystream.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=175

Making 1.8???

Time will tell...

EDIT... Update;

Results of my modding weekend. Sometimes you're really on a roll :).

(as writen to my fellow modders, so if you don't get it... don't worry too much about it...)

Saturday

* Dialog.tlk; Many fixes.

* "Random Loot Lightsaber (VP Randomniser)" map... re-compiled a few scripts with our new random loot script, seeing how we overlooked these. Also modified several "lightsaber give" files to use the random loot function instead of having faulty old in their script, so they now will use VP's random function. (needs testing)

** Overide;

* Fixed the armor creation issue ttlan mentioned. Both in Mira and non-Mira function.

* Disciple; Changed gt to bet 1/4 for Disiciple to mention "my turning away from the force" lines (since with 5 he's Jedi again). Added a few small XP rewards (250XP) for flags set named "XP"...

** 301NAR;

* Fixed Visquis call gamebreaking bug by disallowing you to enter the Ebon Hawk when all it's conditions are met...

* Vossk now uses .tlk entries again, restoring his 'Jeedai'

* c9t9; Removed exchange hate when blowing up the droid, since it only happened in one of six distinct paths (you still get it if you check the droid for oddities). Increased repair skillcheck from 0 to 5.

* Borna fixes; No more "lower then" checks, which was making between 10 and 14 fail while 7 till 9 works. Fixed not getting keycode with computer's second choice (7 skill+).

** 307NAR;

* Zhug cutscene now again uses .tlk (besides 'her' alternative that wasn't existant), "Jeedai" > "Jedi" is now done in the .tlk itself.

* 306onenter; Removes dancers during Zhug cutscenes if you talked to the domo. Removes the domo too if you completed his quest.

** 304NAR;

* Restored a few questions about the Lunar Shadow captain (fixes Red Eclipse > Lunar Shadow).

** 502OND;

* Tame.dlg from 501OND, which should give the beasts something when clicking on them in this module.

Sunday

** 307NAR;

* Slightly modified Zhug cutscene to use different camera position first line (to make the dancers be removed in the background unnoticable, as was with the old camera) and made one line unskippable to fix camera issues with the running brother.

** 304NAR;

* Modified .git to move Lunar Shadow captain, added 8-ball weequay.

* Fixed small issue with wrong locals being checked for question 3 and 4 (used the value of #2). Also fixed line without alien VO.

** 351NAR;

* Added 351NAR_Zhug_Enc set to 1 at start of convo (unused in vanilla TSL).

** 401DXN;

* Modified "killed family" requirements from depending on Zez's fate (which has nothing to do with the Zhugs) to aforementioned 351NAR_Zhug_Enc flag.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

AURORA (well, Oddyssey), I HATE YOU... By Hassat Hunter

So today I lost an hour of my life fixing an issue that was only brought about due to crappy engine issues.

Remember those droids in the underground Czerka base on Telos? The one you probably blew up with the console. Or otherwise become active when activating the reactor? No, this is not how they are supposed to be inactive but trying to get you through the glass and blow up 4000 feet (slight exaggeration) from their charging station, I already solved that in the past (I spend too much time on that damn module).

So, a lot of potential fixes I tried. Rewriting where they were supposed to go, picking another waypoint, extending/limiting their time... nothing at all.

Until one time I was wondering if because I was using a savegame, not loading the module fresh my modifications were not 'taken'. One easy way to find out, take out their hostility line.

Guess what?

Without the line they all stormed right out of the pen. What the hell???

So using this knowledge I thought, if I reverse the order, that will work right? So first hostile, small time later the move. Since hostile ends move? Not really, they still standed still.

A few tries later I did finally fix it, by first having them move all the way as "friendly", then making them hostile afterwards once they were done (or somewhat, as all of them through one door does mesh 1 or 2 back there being semi-stuck), assuming the player never reaches them before then (which is impossible, I checked).

And now I am never going to touch that damn module again.

Though I am out of stuff to fix (what remains for TSLRCM is out of my league) so any suggestions for easy remaining, feel free to add!

Is the 1.7 Malachor bug fixed where you went to a black screen after finishing Citadel Station?

Is the 1.7 Malachor bug fixed where you went to a black screen after finishing Citadel Station?

There was never such a bug in TSLRCM.

Now if you talk about USM, then yes, it was there. I am pretty sure we're not going to modify the compatibility patch for 1.8, so it will just be incompatible...