Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

Aaaaaanyways, here's some statistical data about the Sith Boarding Party at the End of Peragus. Of course if you think you get no XP from the turret game or I am just messing with you feel free to ignore the data. I think the rest would find it interesting. Also the indoor Sith dropped no loot for me this time. Damn cheapskate Sith. Should just be bad luck though, they were pretty unlikely to drop anything in vanilla too.

XP Before; 29370

After gunning; 35445

After indoor; 34745

It's good that the prevention of a dangerous situation is more rewarding. The PC was a general, after all. What happens to the loot that I don't pick up or that the last enemy alive may or may not have dropped – is it still there during the next battle in that module?

What happens to the loot that I don't pick up or that the last enemy alive may or may not have dropped – is it still there during the next battle in that module?

Yes. Though that module is never EVER loaded in the game again (and cheating there just messes up the game)...

How significant are the changes in the loot with the new random loot generator? Is the entire game changed now so to say? Because I am a little scared by the fact that there are no more low items after Peragus. Or am I reading it wrong? Anyway good to know that the final test run is being run, keep up the good work :)

Probably. The low-item issue has always been there, vanilla too. By the time most loot is really random and frequent, your pretty much higher than level 12, locking you out of a lot of lower items to be dropped. Most are still vendor sold. But why buy them if you got better loot already?

It's more a result of the leveling (rapid at start, stagnating near the end, and there you get massive lootdrops) than the system being broken.

Aaaaanyways, first rather major bug detected.

Despite my explicit warning it was for 209TEL, that onenter file made it to 203TEL. I assume zbyl downloaded it, than later modded it into a module based on the name (203_enter), and on his PC, no warning mail from me not to do so.

Potential gamebreaking if following Corrun Falt (Ithorian Path) and broke a few side-quest. Surely it will get fixed for the full release though.

It's useful to heal a (N)PC more than normally by using the treat injury/repair skill of another member, if their own is low (or non-existant). :/

I'm talking about stims. It's just faster for me to TAB through each character and hit the hotkey. Obsidian should have at least put the option to switch between the two styles in the Gameplay menu. They screwed a lot of things up, like removing the "Droid Support" combat script.

Is that true what I hear abut you guys finishing work on a TSLCRM 1.8 update? If so, how many days it will take to finish the mod? I can't wait ;p

Is there a fix applied for not being able to 'repair' Bao-dur's Remote? It irks me (just a little bit) to leave him floating around with only a quarter of his Vitality remaining. I'm not even sure how he began to take damage, unless he was too close to a grenade or something.

Is that true what I hear abut you guys finishing work on a TSLCRM 1.8 update? If so, how many days it will take to finish the mod? I can't wait ;p

When it is done, you'll hear about it here first. No release date has been or will be given.

Testing isn't really going fast, what we me getting distracted all the time.

But well, these distractions generally give improvements. For example a convo drop with Bao-Dur got only now noticed and fixed... together with several other Bao-Dur related fixes.

Another "fun" issue... we fixed a small issue with player HP when lightsaber training (so you're never in a stuck loop having to fight Visas full HP at 1HP).

Though apparently, the same script is used for the confrontation with Visas when she enters the ship to kill me... meaning my Jedi couldn't die and got healed over and over.

Helped my crappy build Jedi defeat her, but obviously not the intention. So added a clausule only to heal the player only when training... and indeed, he promptly dropped dead very soon in the fight.

And that's why we need to test the full picture :blink:

Talking about lightsaber training, I had a problem with it. When talking to Kreia on the Ebon Hawk, you have the option to ask her to train you in lightsaber combat. The first time I asked her, she said to come talk to her when I have a lightsaber for me and my adversary. I came when I had them, but she said the same thing. When I had equipped every force using member of my party with a lightsaber (basically everyone except T3, HK, Mandalore and G0-T0), including Kreia, and having two spare sabers I asked her to train me again. Guess what she said.

Were those 2 spare sabers of the singe-hilt variety?

Also, they could not be from a mod. It can't detect custom lightsabers after all...

EDIT:

* The skill lesson bonus, instead of being fixed to give the proper boost, got completely broken (maybe my fault... maybe not). Anyways, it is working now as intended, giving bonus of 1 to both the lowest and highest!

Yes, testing proves it's worth once again. Also around 20 .tlk fixes...

There's a ton of quest items that remain in the inventory long after the quest is over. Like the "Modified Blaster". I can't junk it, can't sell it, and I can't even put it in another container that I know I'll never come to again. Can't even upgrade it.

No custom sabers, just the original ones. The spare sabers were single hilted and I had equipped everybody with one or two single sabers.

Hey guys, just made an account to say that I really respect you for what you're doing.

I've played KOTOR 1 and 2 through 27 times in total, and I always wondered about the "Redemption" questline being broken. I followed Team Gizka for a while but of course they stopped running, then I sort of lost interest in the series with the new generation of games. But with the release of The Old Republic I returned to the series and wondered if any progress had been made. A quick Google led me here.

I'm now installing KOTOR2 again. I cannot wait for this release, and truly sirs I salute you for your hard work and effort. You should win medals. However, I do have a few questions:

Will this be compatible with the lightsabers/hilts mods, and the high level force powers mod? Both of those I used to great enjoyment before, and was hoping that this would have them available.

Will there ever be an M4-78EP compatible version released?

How far do you think this is compared to the final build of the mod you will need, with all the content restored?

Is there a restored Master Vash available? Since I heard she was meant to be in the game, they just put her on Korriban as part of the cuts...

Thanks in advance. You guys are heroes to the series.

Imo you should try reading through the previous 40 pages or so. No offence meant ...

Yeah, sorry Larkin, but drunk's kinda right. It IS cool that they're doing all this modding, and answering questions on it, but I'm sure they don't wanna keep answering questions that they've answered a few times before. If you've looked around on the site and still can't find the answer, then ask. But I know some of the questions you asked are VERY easy to find answers for.

I don't exactly have time to be trawling through 40 pages of a thread... but fine, point taken.

Wow guys seriously? Is it really to much to ask to answer his questions? Since you know that the info has already been given you could probably just help him.

Anyway to answer your questions:

Will this be compatible with the lightsabers/hilts mods, and the high level force powers mod? Both of those I used to great enjoyment before, and was hoping that this would have them available.

Dont know the answer for sure but i believe this varies by case, some work some don't. But once again I don't know for sure.

I believe that the first release will be compatible from the start since the same team works on the mod, for example zbyl2.

How far do you think this is compared to the final build of the mod you will need, with all the content restored?

Once again I don't know for sure, but I believe that this will be the final build but the last that question was asked was some months ago, so situation could have been changed.

Is there a restored Master Vash available? Since I heard she was meant to be in the game, they just put her on Korriban as part of the cuts...

Not in Tslrcm that I know of, but I believe she will be in M4-78EP on that droid planet, but I am not 100% sure.

Well, it's getting silly now, but he doesn't have to through 40 pages to find the answers. Try looking at the first couple posts in some threads, ex:

TSLRCM->Mod Compatibility List for TSLRCM 1.7

M478EP->M4-78 Official Progress Report #1

Or use the search function to look for keywords like "Vash".

Honesty, I understand there's alot of information on the site, and it takes some time to go through and process it all. But it just seems hypocritical to come on and compliment the modders for their effort, then show none yourself. If he'd said "I looked around for like 20 minutes and couldn't find the answers to these, sorry if they've been asked before" then I get it. But my impression (and maybe I'm wrong) is he didn't spend any time.

No, I didn't look on the site. Like I said, I got here via Google - which took me to the moddl site, and from there to here. I went to the effort of making an account just to say how incredible it is that people have gone to this level of committment for a game that's been out for eight years, and the questions were just an afterthought. Frankly, I don't care if they get answered or not (though I thank the person who did). If it's that offensive to you that I dared to enquire something then I guess I'll just take myself elsewhere.

I believe that the first release will be compatible from the start since the same team works on the mod, for example zbyl2.

Indeed, once M4-78EP is released, it will be fully compatible with TSLRCM... in fact, it probably won't work without it.

Not in Tslrcm that I know of, but I believe she will be in M4-78EP on that droid planet, but I am not 100% sure.

Correct, Vash will be restored in M4-78.

Most lightsaber hilt mods should work with TSLRCM, though the only instance in which they won't, is if an event in the game would check for you having a lightsaber, since the game is only going to look for the standard hilts. If a mod gives the standard hilts a new/different model, then it will work. However, the only event I know of that will do this, is the 'Lightsaber training' event between the Exile, Kreia and Visas.

As for the force power mod, if it uses the TSL patcher than it might work with TSLRCM, though if it makes a change to a file that is TSLRCM uses already, it might cause a problem, depending on what in the file it changes.

No harm asking questions or making comments... don't let a few posts prevent one from doing so...

Hey guys, just made an account to say that I really respect you for what you're doing.

Thanks!

Take a look in the stickied compatability list. If it's there, we know. If it's not... well, ask in the discussion thread. I am pretty sure the most common ones are listed though.

As stated, M4-78EP (Enhancement Project) is actually TSLRCM-requiring. You probably confuse it with the bare M4-78 mod already released.

No clue. However as far as "all content restored" that will never happen. Some of it (GenoHaradan, Atris as Traya, amongst others) just doesn't make sense to include and would only make the final game less coherent. Which is exactly the opposite of the goal of TSLRCM.

As stated, once M4-78EP is done, check it out. Any other mods currently already beinv available are uncompatible though...