Exile007

The GenoHaradan (by Exile007)

When it's done. Although I think those words still have some negative energy around them, so I'll give a better estimate. I just played through the game from a clean save on Peragus and found no bugs. Once I get the "all clear" from the beta testers, I will work on compatibility for 1.8. At this point, the mod will be released. So really if I did my job the mod could come pretty quickly.

Good to hear! Really anticipating this mod! Can't wait to have the Genoharadan actually restored.

Wow we are sooo close to having a complete kotor 2, with tslrcm 1.8, m478ep coming, and this well on its way! Now if only we could get the disciple datacron quest somehow haha.

hey hows the progress on this mod going?

Yeah i have the same question

That would be entirely dependent on the beta testers, what they have to report, and what remains (if anything) to be fixed.

I'll be sure to stop by to mention if the mod is dead. Otherwise, assume that we're finding bugs. Right beta testers? *bats eyes* xD

The current beta says it's compatible with 1.8 in all its readmes and whatever, but Exile said it's actually not and to use vanilla TSL. So we won't know until a later beta.

It is. Beta Testers are testing. I'm sure Exile007 will let everybody know when it's ready to be in your Override.

I have a question.

How early in the game does the quest start? Does it start on Telos with the GenoHaradan assassins, etc...? Or is it exclusively on Nar Shaddaa?

At one time this actually was a quest with Journal entries, etc. But now it's just a string of events that happen over the course of normal gameplay.

Right now I need to find like a solid five hours or so to take a good look at the files. Because across the beta testers I've gotten one solid bug that I need to fix, but then there are a few that seem to only happen to one tester, and then for me everything works fine the way it should. I need to figure it out if it was because I changed stuff after I released it to the testers or what.

OK, that makes sense to me.

Another question, I don't know if you can answer without getting too spoiler-ific... Were you able to integrate Zez-Kai's rescue of the Exile into the game and have it make sense?

Also, I see you have some good bug squashing you need to do, good luck! With that in mind, I'm currently playing through K1(finishing Taris), do you think this will be released before I get to TSL?

Guest Gatherum

Out of sheer curiosity, why wasn't the GenoHaradan plotline restored in TSLRCM? Was it beyond the scope of the mod, perhaps?

I know that Team Gizka was trying to restore it a long time ago, so as far as I can tell, the whole thing is more or less feasible.

It wasn't. The Team Gizka implentation was, to say it nicely, horrible.

So we rather not bothered with the limited amount of data there was. The reason Exile007 can do it is because there is a lot of made-up stuff, stuff TSLRCM doesn't do...

I would be willing to help Beta test, if that's still something that needs to be done.

Unfortunately the author's profile says that he logged in last time around two months ago.

However, you can find his contact information here.

So I heavily overestimated the amount of free time I would possess in college (meaning I estimated I would have some free time, but in reality, it turned out to be closer to none). I don't think I can say that "this mod will be done when it's done" because I've really done a lot of modding over the last five years, and a lot of my projects are half-completed. This one I can say is more than half-completed, but it's still sort of rough. I've taken what little progress I've made since the first round of beta testing and submitted it as a download here. That way anyone who wants to see the GenoHaradan encounter played out can see it. Forgive me if it doesn't live up to your expectations. The mod is still considered a "beta", so it probably still has some bugs. I may decide one day that I want to finish this and make it TSLRCM compatible (oh god the work!), but this way some form of the mod is out there.

I have included all of my source code, should someone desire to make the mod compatible with TSLRCM. You can also PM me, but don't count on an immediate response. :P

I (Exile007) give my permission for the contents of the GenoHaradan mod to be altered, enhanced, or whatever as long as I am cited as the original author of the mod and credited as such.

You can just copy and paste that in your readme if you want to tweak the mod and release it.

I wish I could have stayed with this long enough to complete it to the very end, but hey, this is better than nothing right?

*ducks to avoid Internet haters*

Btw there was never any team (other than Beta Testers). Just me and a lot of free time. Unfortunately college kidnapped free time, so I was lost. :P