Sign in to follow this  
Logan23

New Website

Mod is alive and well.

I had to change my system from vista 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit, so needed to back everything up and get it back on.

We are close the the website's release. This and the editor was away for a week.

Building a new team member package which means we will be opening up for new team members to join the RoR team.

Thanks for the Support!

Mod is alive and well.

I had to change my system from vista 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit, so needed to back everything up and get it back on.

We are close the the website's release. This and the editor was away for a week.

Building a new team member package which means we will be opening up for new team members to join the RoR team.

Thanks for the Support!

YAY :D

You do realize, of course, that February has been over for approximately eleven days, one hour, and eighteen minutes.

This is why I removed his release date after February had passed.

Logan? I told you so . . .

I sincerely apologize for possibly spam-ing but I couldn't resist... so here it goes... LOL!!! :)) The most opportune "I told you so" was hilarious. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I can see the site at least in the next bloody month or more important if I can play the mod in the near/distant future I'm happy enough.

But... Logan... this should be a lesson you take to heart for your future dealings in the game industry. ;)

Unfortunately, the devil is always found in those last few details. They always take longer than expected to iron out, whether they're in a research paper, mod, or powerpoint. The last few things always are the most time-consuming. Maybe it's because the finish line is in sight. :P

Yup, over estimated logistics on the website.

When working with logistics and Real Life it can always get you from left field, lol.

I'm itching to release the Website but I don't want to release it and have a major grammar error, etc.

Carl- Yea, it is better to make miss judgements now verse when you are actually in the industry but then we wouldn't have another job plus the project =)

I'm also going to be looking for 2-3 grammar individuals for the RoR who will be going though the dialogue and text in the game for errors and this will be there only job,

This is just heads up for those who might be interested.

When working with logistics and Real Life it can always get you from left field, lol.

Tell me about it... (once stating I was hoping 1.8 made it before x-mas... we all know that didn't make it)

Still looking forward to playin RoR's demo... having to re-install each individual 1.8 file after trying it (first re-install vanilla) made me not want to try it so far. I'll try it once 1.8's done and installing it is just using an installer instead of manually adding files :).

I assume you're not exactly planning on making it compatible? If you do, need any assistance there?

If you want to get around RoR being incompatible I suggest you just duplicate your SWKotOR2 Directory rename to RoR or something, and then just put all of RoR's files in there, and use the EXE from that folder. It makes it a lot easier to not have to switch a bunch of names for files around in the regular directory.

I'm also going to be looking for 2-3 grammar individuals for the RoR who will be going though the dialogue and text in the game for errors and this will be there only job,

This is just heads up for those who might be interested.

I can assist with this, if you'll have me. My grammardrive is fueled by my OCD.

It would be my pleasure to help, but I'm not a native English speaker and it seems that in spite of the quantity of reading I do in an effort to put a stop to my bloody spelling problems they simply keep recurrently coming back. Thus I really don't know how much help I can be...

Yes!!! Your greatest work is completed!!! (so far)

Cookies to the one that gets the reference... :))

EDIT:

I found one context mistake... I don't judge anyone! I REPEAT!!! I ABSOLUTELY don't judge anyone, nor do I play the part of the smart ass...

I just taught that I should mention it given that I found it. I apologize if I'm wrong.

On the "GAME INFO" page it sais: "Will you a travel the dark side and corrupt others in the way?"

My limited english language knowledge brings me to the conclusion that you guys ment "Will you walk the path of the dark side and corrupt others on the way?"

I apologize if I ofended anyone. Again... I'm no native english speaker...

Spotted a grammatical error in the first page I went to...

In Revenge of Revan, not only will your character evolve, your lightsaber will as well. The Lightsaber Progression System is a new and fully integrated system that allows players the freedom to choose their style of combat.

During the game, the you will come across damaged or broken saber hilts. You can use these pieces to rebuild or create a new saber hilt. These hilts will reflect one of the many saber forms in the game. At first, there will be a limited number of forms. But as you progress through the game, new forms will become unlocked. This can happen through completing quests, party member interactions, or discovering schematics from Sith or Jedi Holocrons.

Each saber forms is geared to reflect a method of combat. Whether it’s a defensive or aggressive style, it will be shown through combat bonuses.

Players will be free to swap from one saber form to another through the workbench.

No judgement, just trying to help.

This is how it should look - and if I made a mistake then someone point it out to me..

In Revenge of Revan not only will your character evolve - your lightsaber will as well. The Lightsaber Progression System is a new way to allow players the freedom to choose their style of combat.

During the game you will come across damaged or broken saber hilts. You can use these pieces to rebuild or create a new saber hilt. These hilts will reflect one of the many saber forms in the game. At first, there will be a limited number of forms, but as you progress through the game new forms will become unlocked. This can happen through completing quests, party member interactions, or discovering schematics from Sith or Jedi Holocrons.

Each saber form is geared to reflect a method of combat. Whether it’s a defensive or aggressive style, it will be shown through combat bonuses.

Players will be free to swap from one saber form to another through the workbench.

I would say "change" instead of "swap", as swap seems more slang. Other than that just commas in the wrong place and that out of place word. Then I changed the Lightsaber Progression system line a bit.

One more I just found..under the Coruscant tab.

The Republic today stands on the edge of a new era. Before they can arrive at peace and prosperity, choises must be made.

ok..one more then I'll shutup..

It is only be a matter of time before the Exchange takes out Vogga's Cruiser to send a message to the Hutt Cartel.
Edited by Qui-Don Jorn

Spelling error also found here:

Revenge of Revan (RoR) does just that, allowing the player to continue your story based on your choices in the last two games and still fit the KOTOR canon. The solution was to give players the option to pick the strict canon setup for Revan and the Exile, allowing players to see how RoR’s story fits into the existing canon.

It especially sticks out as you two different versions of the word in the same sentence.

BTW, someone asked me why you made a site for Revenge of Revan when you have this area of Deadly Stream and the threads over at LF and MODDB. What should I tell this person?

Hey

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the Official Website.

I want to say thanks to Cale Jarlson, Qui-Don Jorn, and Sith Holocron for pointing out those grammar issues on the site.

These are now fixed and it now shows the corrections. :cool:

BTW, someone asked me why you made a site for Revenge of Revan when you have this area of Deadly Stream and the threads over at LF and MODDB. What should I tell this person?

The new site is the Official Revenge of Revan Homepage.

Lucas Forums and Deadly Streams are Forums where you can see updates and also fan interactions with the developer and other players. These Forums are a great place for player feedback.

Moddb.com is a Modding Site that takes in mods from many different games. This allows RoR to gain exposure within the Modding community outside of the kotor community. This site allows for updates to be seen easier then say a forum which forces a player to read or skim through many threads and pages.

The New RoR www. Official site is used to allow people to see what the mod is about in a very professional way- as if it was a real game. This site will run much like an official game website. The site does not have a section for actual feedback which is why there are links to Lucas Forums, Deadly Streams, and moddb.com to give feedback and see the history of the mod/game's evolution.

The RoR team would like to say thanks for your support!

Logan23

I have to say, that is a great website. Kudos. The blog and character sections gave some nice insight into the story. :)

Yep, great work guys! I red every single letter there is to read... :)) Are we going to see future updates of the site as the different "blank" spaces in the different categories point to?