Snigaroo

Mod Build Request Thread - KOTOR

I see it was uploaded, I've approved it and marked that request fulfilled. I'll leave it in the list until I'm able to test it next revision, but I don't expect any problems with integration. Thanks Salk!

I don't think you need to worry, I've just learned not to test content outside of a full build revision. Last couple times I tried things went... badly.

I would like to announce that I've been developing the "Hulas has no reason to fight" request and it's about 95% complete.

One of the journal entries mentions that you killed Hulas, I just gotta find out how to change this so that a custom journal entry is added in its place mentioning how Senni was the one who was killed.

On 6/7/2024 at 10:31 PM, DarthParametric said:

Just use HoloPatcher and edit the TLK string directly. Far less effort and it's less intrusive.

Would there be a tutorial or a pre-existing mod that already does this with the HoloPatcher?

30 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

a tutorial

Unfortunately no. The wiki on the PyKotor repo is pretty barebones and only has a few bits and pieces regarding HoloPatcher.

30 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

a pre-existing mod that already does this with the HoloPatcher

K1CP is probably the only mod currently that uses the feature. You can see some discussion about it in the "HoloPatcher migration" issue on the repo as the feature was initially being developed/implemented. There's more on the DS Discord as it was being refined/implemented/tested, between October and December 2023 (I'd have to go digging to find specific links).

Probably more useful (and less confusing) would be to just look at the K1CP changes.ini's [TLKList] section. The gist is that you can now specify a TLK in the tslpatchdata folder to be used for overwriting vanilla strings. In this case, K1CP uses the regular append.tlk for double duty, both overwrites and the typical appends. Any appended strings follow the same format they always did. Overwrite strings get listed in a sub-section under the heading of their filename specified at the start of the block. The vanilla StrRef ID is then linked to source TLK ID (i.e. basically the same way the append list works). So in this example, vanilla StrRef 25859 (one of Mission's lines after breaking Zaalbar out of his Gamorrean cell) is being overwritten by string 27 in append.tlk, etc.

On 6/10/2024 at 7:58 PM, DarthParametric said:

K1CP is probably the only mod currently that uses the feature. You can see some discussion about it in the "HoloPatcher migration" issue on the repo as the feature was initially being developed/implemented. There's more on the DS Discord as it was being refined/implemented/tested, between October and December 2023 (I'd have to go digging to find specific links).

Probably more useful (and less confusing) would be to just look at the K1CP changes.ini's [TLKList] section. The gist is that you can now specify a TLK in the tslpatchdata folder to be used for overwriting vanilla strings. In this case, K1CP uses the regular append.tlk for double duty, both overwrites and the typical appends. Any appended strings follow the same format they always did. Overwrite strings get listed in a sub-section under the heading of their filename specified at the start of the block. The vanilla StrRef ID is then linked to source TLK ID (i.e. basically the same way the append list works). So in this example, vanilla StrRef 25859 (one of Mission's lines after breaking Zaalbar out of his Gamorrean cell) is being overwritten by string 27 in append.tlk, etc.

This method has worked!

@Snigaroo The Senni Vek Restoration mod has now become the Senni Vek Mod and includes your fulfilled Senni Vek to Hulas request.

• Like 1