About This File
Throughout the game, there are cutscenes of the player sleeping and having Force visions to further the plot. This mod fixes two things about those scenes that bothered me.
First, the first of these scenes is supposed to happen in the party's apartment on Taris, but is quite clearly set on the Ebon Hawk like all the other scenes. I've edited the area used for the visions to put in a copy of the apartment to make the location consistent.
Second, the scenes show the player wearing whatever item they happened to have equipped when the scene started. So the player would routinely sleep in their clothing, even armor. I've edited the cutscene scripts to remove the player's equipment for the duration of the vision.
- Extract files from the downloaded archive.
- Run Vision_Enhancement_K1.exe.
Select which version to install:
If you use the KOTOR 1 Restoration, choose the K1R-Compatible Installation.
Otherwise, choose the Basic Installation.
- Click "Install Mod" and select your game directory (default name SWKOTOR).
- Remove the installed file.
This mod is not compatible with any other mods that alter the vision module STUNT_00.
KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
TSLPatcher – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
DeNCS – JdNoa & Dashus
ERFEdit – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
K-GFF – tk102
KOTORMax & MDLEdit – bead-v
NWMax – Joco
NWNSSCOMP – Torlack, stoffe, & tk102
and thanks to DarthParametric for decompiling a script for me. It's an ongoing mystery why DeNCS refuses to decompile certain scripts for me and only me.
I hereby grant nobody except myself permission to upload some or all of this mod anywhere for any reason. For any reason.
If you would like to include any part of this mod in anything, then please contact me for permission.
"I AM NOT A VISION" SAYS THE VISION. HA! WELL, THEN, I AM NOT KOTOR, DEVELOPED BY BIOWARE, NO. I AM NOT A VIDEO GAME EITHER.
If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.
For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.
I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.
What's New in Version 1.1 See changelog
- Removed an unnecessary string reference from dialogue files. It only affected male soldiers and shouldn't normally cause any problems, but best to get rid of it anyway to be safe. Thanks to @Snigaroo and @DarthParametric for noticing what was going on there and reporting it.
- Added K1R-Compatible installation option. Thanks to @ebmar and @N-DReW25 for providing information about K1R's changes and prodding me to get the compatibility done.
- Set up TSLPatcher installation to account for the two options, though it still does a hard .mod overwrite because a lot of files in the module require hard overwites no matter what.
- Cleaned up other nonsense.