About This File
This mod alters the (frankly terrible) holograms used in the cutscenes prior to boarding the Star Forge at the end of KOTOR to bring them more in to line with the style seen in the movies and TSL. For some unknown reason, Bioware decided to go with a weird texture-based approach that simultaneously looks both horrible and nothing like how Star Wars holograms are typically depicted.
- Admiral Dodonna hologram model completely replaced with a new one based on her regular appearance. No longer has incorrect mirrored torso UVs.
- Dodonna model split into sub-meshes for optimal hierarchical occlusion.
- Vandar model given some mesh tweaks to remove some intersection issues.
- Models now use mesh-based transparency rather than additive texture blending.
- Custom keyframes added to animations to facilitate mesh-based alpha approach and added meshes.
- New animated textures for Vandar and Dodonna created based on their regular appearance textures.
- Minor alteration to one shot during the DS cutscene to prevent Dodonna leaping out of frame while Vandar is speaking.
- Because meshes do not self-occlude, there are some artefacts during certain shots. For example, seeing the neck through the chin.
What's New in Version 1.1 See changelog
- Switched to module injection for better compatibility with other mods
- Added the missing TSLPatcher exe from the first upload attempt (thanks to ThatMarkson for the heads up)