About This File
This mod replaces the lightsaber blade textures. I've made new textures using Saber, a plug-in for After Effects made by visual effect artists who work on the actual films, which they released for free on VideoCopilot.net. The new textures are of higher quality (1024x1024 vs the original 128x128) and should be more accurate to the movie look, given that they were generated with a tool made by movie people.
I've adjusted some of the blade colors; I mainly used math to choose them, placing them at even distributions along the color spectrum, and sticking with the plug-in's default setting for blue. In more practical terms, this means yellow is a bit yellower, while green and violet are closer to the blue end. Blue itself is much brighter than the original. Orange and cyan are no longer reused copies of the Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force colors from K1. They both look more like standard lightsaber blades. Orange's blade color falls exactly between red and yellow - you know, actually orange. Cyan and viridian are evenly placed between blue and green. Silver uses the same color settings as blue, but at 33% saturation. I've added an alternate optional texture to have the viridian blade more closely resemble the original, if you would prefer.
- Extract files from the downloaded archive.
- Copy the files from Override to your own Override folder (if you don't have one, make one).
- Optionally, copy whatever files you want to use from the Alternate Textures folder to your Override folder, replacing the previously-installed files.
- If you use the Ultimate Saber Mod, copy the files from the USM New Colors folder to your Override folder. This gives all colors added in USM the same upgrade for visual consistency.
- Remove the installed files.
This mod should be compatible with any mods that add or alter lightsaber hilts, assuming the use the orginal game textures for the blades.
This mod is not compatible with other mods that alter the lightsaber blade textures, including my own past mods.
KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
Saber – Andrew Kramer & VideoCopilot.net
tga2tpc – ndix UR
I hereby grant nobody except myself permission to upload some or all of this mod anywhere for any reason. For any reason.
If you would like to include any part of this mod in anything, then please contact me for permission.
IT'S SO DENSE, EVERY SINGLE IMAGE HAS SO MANY THINGS GOING ON...
If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.
For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.
I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.
What's New in Version 1.5 See changelog
- Added alternate texture options for green and blue.
- Converted all textures from TGA/TXI to superior TPC format.