Sith Holocron

A question about .MOD files...

Is there a way to open a .MOD file to determine what the location's name is?  This would greatly speed up the completion of the KOTOR Warp Code lists blogs. If so, could someone explain how at a noob level?  Thanks for reading!

IDK if this is what you're referring to, but I use ERFedit to open MOD files

But besides that, couldn't all the warp codes for each Kotor module be found online?

18 minutes ago, Mephiles550 said:

But besides that, couldn't all the warp codes for each Kotor module be found online?

If I were simply limiting myself to the vanilla KotOR1 and TSL modules, then I'd say: Yes, you can find these all online.

But if you check out the logs below, you'll see I didn't limit myself to those vanilla modules.  It is in fact why the blogs were made in the first place.

Check out the beginning of this blog for information!

And check out this one too if the idea of the first blog interests you.

Edit:

Looks like I've got my answer via KOTOR Reddit Discord thanks to @Leilukin and @JCarter426.. Let me quote liberally so others can know how to do this too. Leilukin answers my first question above with:

Yes, with the easiest method being using Holocron Toolset, the modern alternative to KotOR Tool. First you need to set up Holocron Toolset to read your KotOR directories, then select a KotOR game and wait for the app to load the game files of your KotOR game.

To find out the area name of a .MOD file, go to the Modules tab, open the drop down menu of the Modules tab, and look for the .MOD file you want to find. Once you have selected the .MOD file from the drop down menu, open the Module Data toggle list below, and double-click the file with ARE as the file type. A new window will be pop up, and that's where you can find the area name of the .MOD file.

vMPxnop.png

Then JC and Leilukin answered my follow up question:  I'm using this to find warp codes in mods that aren't vanilla areas.  Must be they be installed in the game before using Holocron Tool?

You don't have to actually install the mod. Copy and pasting the .MOD files from the mod, usually the tslpatchdata folder, into the Modules folder of your KotOR directory works too. If you have already opened Holocron Toolset before putting the .MOD files in your game's Modules folder, you can refresh the list of modules in the Holocron Toolset.

• Like 1