Leilukin

MOD:KotOR 1 Twi'lek Male NPC Diversity

KotOR 1 Twi'lek Male NPC Diversity

=KotOR 1 Twi'lek Male NPC Diversity=

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION

AUTHOR: Leilukin
FILE NAME: K1 Twi'lek Male NPC Diversity.7z
LATEST VERSION: 1.1.2
CONTACT: E-mail to leilukin@outlook.com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1. DESCRIPTION:

In vanilla KotOR 1, Twi'lek NPCs have a very limited variety of designs. This mod aim to diversify the appearances of Twi'lek male NPCs, by giving the named Twi'lek male NPCs different looks instead of the generic NPC looks to set them apart.

The Twi'lek male NPCs affected by this mod include:

• Larrim, a merchant in the South Apartments of the Taris Upper City
  • Uriah, a Pazaak card seller in Javyar's Cantina
  • Bib Surool in Javyar's Cantina
  • Matrik in the Lower City East Apartment on Taris
  • Crattis Yurkal, a merchant in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine
  • Deesra Luur Jada, a Jedi Knight in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine
  • Kandon Ark in the Black Vulkar Base on Taris
  • Karal Kaar, a merchant in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine
  • Lur Arka Sulas in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine
  • Bolook at the Dantooine grove
  • Nico Senvi, a swoop racer on Tatooine
  • Ganda Kaitoova, a swoop race fan on Tatooine
  • Senni Vek, messenger of the GenoHaradan quest line
  • Vek in the swoop registration on Manaan
  • Ziagrom, messenger of Mika Dorin's premium store

The unique appearances of these NPCs are created by utilizing the assets from Ashton Scorpius' Better Twi'lek Male Heads for K1 Enhancement Pack modder's resource, which is based on the Twi'lek NPC assets from SpaceAlex's K1 Enhancement Pack, which has been released as a modder's resource.

Ashton Scorpius' K1 Better Twi'lek Male Heads mod is not required for this mod to work, but I recommend installing Ashton's mod alongside this mod for visual consistency between the Twi'lek male NPC heads.

For the best experience with this mod, it is recommended to load a save before visiting Taris for the first time.

2. INSTALLATION:

Extract the K1 Twi'lek Male NPC Diversity.7z archive you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KotOR directory. Run Install.exe, point the installer to your KotOR directory, where swkotor.exe is located, and let the installer do its job.

I also provide upscaled head textures for the Twi'lek male NPCs as an optional installation. After installing the main part of this mod, go to the "Optional - Upscaled Textures" folder, drop the files into the Override folder in your KotOR directory and overwrite files when prompted.

If you prefer the Twi'lek men's "blubber" necks in the vanilla game, or you choose to install Option B of Ashton Scorpius' K1 Better Twi'lek Male Heads, after installing the main part of this mod, go to the "Optional - Original Necks" folder, drop the files into the Override folder in your directory and overwrite files when prompted.

When you install this mod, a new folder named "backup" will be created by the installer in the same folder as the installer. Do not delete the folder or the file within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

If you have installed other mods, when you install my mod, you may receive warnings about the installer skipping at least one .MOD file because it already exists in your Modules folder. Do not need to worry about those warnings, as it is just the way I set up the installer to ensure my mod will be installed properly if you are not using any other mods.

If you also want to use N-DReW25's Senni Vek Restoration, this mod has included a compatibility patch for it. Go to the "Senni Vek Restoration Compatibility" folder in this mod, and follow the instructions in a Read Me file to install the patch.

3. UNINSTALLATION:

Go to the backup folder created when you installed this mod, cut and paste the following MOD files into the Modules folder of your KotOR directory:

• danm13.mod
  • danm14ac.mod
  • ebo_m12aa.mod
  • kas_m22ab.mod
  • korr_m33aa.mod
  • manm26ad.mod
  • manm26ab.mod
  • tar_m02aa.mod
  • tar_m03ad.mod
  • tar_m03ae.mod
  • tar_m10aa.mod
  • tar_m10ac.mod
  • tat_m17aa.mod
  • tat_m17ae.mod

If there is any 2DA file (appearance.2da and/or heads.2da) present in the backup folder, cut and paste the 2DA file(s) into the Override folder in your KotOR directory. Otherwise, delete the 2DA files from your Override folder.

If you want to uninstall this mod completely, delete the files with the "llk" prefix that are used by this mod from the Override folder in your KotOR directory. See READ ME.txt for the list of these files to be deleted.

4. KNOWN ISSUES:

None currently known. If you find any bugs or problems, please let me know.

5. MOD COMPATIBILITY:

This mod is not compatible with any other mods that modify or change the heads of the Twi'lek male NPCs affected by this mod (see the Description section above for a full list of the NPCs).

This mod does not replace any vanilla Twi'lek textures and models, so this mod is compatible with mods that retexture or remodel vanilla Twi'leks.

If you are using KotOR 1 Community Patch (K1CP), you need to install this mod after K1CP.

If you are using KotOR 1 Restoration (K1R), you need to install this mod after K1R.

This mod includes a compatibility patch for N-DReW25's Senni Vek Restoration.

6. PERMISSION:

Since this mod utilizes assets from Ashton Scorpius' Better Twi'lek Male Heads for K1EP modder's resource, per Ashton's terms in the modder's resource, do not use assets from this mod without receiving Ashton's permission first.

7. CREDITS:

SpaceAlex for the K1 Enhancement Pack modder's resource
Ashton Scorpius for creating the Better Twi'lek Male Heads for K1EP modder's resource and giving me the permission to use it
N-DReW25 for giving me the permission to make a compatibility patch for Senni Vek Restoration
Cortisol for Holocron Toolset
bead-v for MDLedit
ndix UR for tga2tpc and tpcview
Stoffe for TSLPatcher; Fair Strides for the updated version

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/29/2022
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes