Carth Onasi and Male PC Romance

=Carth Onasi and Male PC Romance=

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION

AUTHOR: Leilukin
FILE NAME: Carth Onasi and Male PC Romance.7z
LATEST VERSION: 1.1
CONTACT: E-mail toleilukin@outlook.com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1. DESCRIPTION:

In the vanilla game of the first Knights of the Old Republic game, Carth Onasi’s romance subplot is only available to a female player character. This mod allows male PCs to romance Carth by modifying the gender checks in Carth’s romance.

The male version of Carth’s romance subplot still requires the player to talk to Carth frequently and progress his personal quest line to complete successfully. In addition, the player can still end Carth’s romance by choosing certain dialogue options.

This mod was inspired by forgetcanon’s Bi Carth mod. However, my mod has different ways of executing the concept of a Carth and male PC romance mod, including but not limited to:

• Installing this mod by patching the relevant dialogue files to improve compatibility with other content mods as much as possible.
  • Editing Carth’s dialogue and splicing audio files to ensure that Carth will not refer to a male PC as a woman.
  • Adding an alternate installation option to make Carth’s romance available for male PCs only, while Carth will interact with a female PC the same way with a male PC in vanilla. This option is for players who want to avoid any romantic interactions with Carth when playing a female PC entirely, without needing to choose specific dialogue options to shut down the romance.

For the best experience with this mod, it's recommended to have a completely new KotOR 1 playthrough.

Please note that this mod is ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE ENGLISH LOCALIZATION OF KOTOR. I do not provide support for non-English localizations of KotOR.

2. INSTALLATION:

Download the mod and extract Carth Onasi and Male PC Romance.7z archive to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KotOR directory. Run Install.exe. You will notice that this mod provides four installation options. You may only choose ONE of these options:

• Version A: Carth Romance for Both Male and Female PCs — This option will make Carth’s romance available to both male and female player characters. This version also adds a [Not Interested] dialogue option to allow players to turn off Carth’s romance early on.
  • Version B: Carth Romance for Male PCs ONLY — This option will make Carth’s romance available to male player characters ONLY. In this version, Carth will not flirt with a female player character, and female PCs cannot romance Carth.
  • Version A + KOTOR 1 Community Patch Compatible — Choose this option if you have KOTOR 1 Community Patch (K1CP) installed and you want to use Version A of my mod.
  • Version B + KOTOR 1 Community Patch Compatible — Choose this option if you have KOTOR 1 Community Patch (K1CP) installed and you want to use Version B of my mod.

Once you have chosen the installation option you want, and select your KotOR game folder as your KotOR directory path, click the “Install” button and let the installer do its job.

This mod also provides compatibility patches for the following mods:

If you want to use any of the above mod alongside this mod, go to the "Compatibility Patches" folder, and follow the instructions written on the Read Me files contained in the subfolders.

When you install this mod, two new folders named "backup" and “uninstall” will be created by the installer in the same folder as the installer. Do not delete the folders or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

The "Source" folder includes the source of the scripts used by this mod for modders' reference. Ignore the "Source" folder if you only want to install and play this mod.

3. UNINSTALLATION:

Open Install.exe and select your KotOR directory where you installed this mod. From the “Tools” dropdown menu, select “Uninstall Mod / Restore Backup”, then confirm to uninstall the mod. You can also choose to delete the backup after uninstalling the mod.

4. KNOWN ISSUES:

None currently known. If you find any other bugs or problems, please let me know.

5. MOD COMPATIBILITY:

Any other mods that modify any of the following dialogue files will likely conflict with this mod:

• k_hcar_dialog.dlg — Carth’s global dialogue
  • lev40_saul403.dlg — Saul Karath’s interrogation scene on the Leviathan
  • ebo_carth.dlg — Dialogue of the party members on the Ebon Hawk immediately after Leviathan
  • unk41_carth.dlg — The game has two different modules that use dialogue files that share this name: one for the party conversation on the Ebon Hawk after crashing on the Unknown World; the other for Carth’s dialogue on the Unknown World beach after confronting Bastila on the temple summit. This mod affects the latter.
  • k_sta_carth.dlg — Carth’s dialogue on the Star Forge after defeating Malak

I have set up the installer to install this mod by patching the relevant dialogue files to increase compatibility with other content mods as much as possible, but it is still not guaranteed to be compatible with every other mods that modify the same dialogue files, especially if the other mod is installed into the Override folder.

If you use any of the below mods, I have provided compatibility patches, as noted in the "INSTALLATION" section above:

If you are using KOTOR 1 Community Patch (K1CP), you must install K1CP first, then choose one of the KOTOR 1 Community Patch Compatible option when you install my mod.

This mod is compatible with JC's Romance Enhancement: Dark Sacrifice for K1.

This mod is compatible with JC's Romance Enhancement: Pan-Galactic Flirting for K1.

This mod has a conflict with JC's Romance Enhancement: Biromantic Bastila for K1, specifically regarding Saul’s interrogation scene. Whichever mod installed later will override the changes made by the other mod. Biromantic Bastila compares how far you have progressed Bastila and Carth’s personal and romance quest lines to decide who will get tortured by Saul. Meanwhile, in Version A of my mod, Saul will torture Carth only if Carth’s romance is active, while in Version B of my mod, Saul will torture Carth as long as the PC is male, or Bastila as long as the PC is female. Therefore, if you want to use both Biromantic Bastila and my mod, the installation order depends on your preference: if you prefer the changes made by Biromantic Bastila, install it after my mod; if you prefer the changes made by my mod, install my mod after Biromantic Bastila.

6. PERMISSION:

You may modify this mod for personal use or show this mod in screenshots. However, do not release your mods containing assets from my mod without my permission.

7. CREDITS:

forgetcanon whose Bi Carth mod became the inspiration of this mod
Cortisol for Holocron Toolset
Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool
KobaltBlu for Kotor Scripting Tool
tk102 for DLG Editor
JdNoa for DeNCS KotOR Script Decompiler
JCarter426 for SithCodec
Cortisol and th3w1zard1 for HoloPatcher
Stoffe for TSLPatcher; Fair Strides for the updated version

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/06/2022
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes