ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

Ugh, I hated her.

Oh well, looking forward to see what comes of this. And it doesn't suffer the fate of it's pre-decessors.

Oh well, looking forward to see what comes of this. And it doesn't suffer the fate of it's pre-decessors.

I don't think it will as it got a huge boost from it's predecessors and add to the fact this project has restored some content the restorations that came before it did not while also restoring content that back then nobody knew existed. I was very honored that the project's predecessors (particularly Seamhiann) were so willing to give us a boost to give us a chance to carry on their legacy. I still contact Seam sometimes to let him know of some exciting developments as him being one of the original people who was restoring content for K1 I have a ton of respect for him. We shall do our best to give everyone the best K1 experience possible and to finish what our predecessors started.

The Sith with the lightsaber was actually Bastila disguised. Remember I'm not done yet so all errors will be worked out.

I know and I'm not pointing out this as an error. I was pretty amazed that not even one sith trooper on Taris didn't ask me why the hell am I caring those vibroblades. It's just the game, nothing to be fixed here. Although, if you insist on fixing something, you could make Bastila wear some dark jedi robes with a cape. There's a mod somewhere on Filefront, which adds them to the game, so maybe you can talk to the guy who made the mod. On the other side, you can completely ignore me and forget I ever said anything.

I never knew that there was cut content in K1, but I guess I should've known!

There's not nearly as much as TSL has, bu it's still got a planet cut out (Sleheyron, which is why there's a "Volcanic" option in the Dantooine Rakatan ruins for the death-giving seed worlds), and various conversations, events and bits of dialogue that have been left out. Plus the things that don't currently fit in that we're re-integrating.

About Sleheyron... Are you playing to restore it in a next version of this mod? Cause you already said you ain't doing it in this one.

About Sleheyron... Are you playing to restore it in a next version of this mod? Cause you already said you ain't doing it in this one.

We certainly would like to restore it in the next version. This version is a definite no-go for Sleheyron though. Don't worry there will be plenty of content in 1.0 so it'll all be good.

Sleheyron is to K1R as M4-78EP is to TSLRCM

I'd like to think of it that way.

Also, nice to hear Ashley.

I'm not sure I would have liked her as much in Mass Effect if she wasn't named after THE BIGGEST BADASS OF ALL TIME

1317292-chainsaw1_super.jpg

I suggest you remove Bastila's 'I suggest we move on' line.

I suggest you remove Bastila's 'I suggest we move on' line.

I'll consider it, though I want to know your thoughts as to why you think it should be removed.

I'll consider it, though I want to know your thoughts as to why you think it should be removed.

Mostly because I know it's an obviously rehashed line. My Kotor memory is hazy, but doesn't she say it pretty much every time you stop a conversation with her? If that's not it, I know I still have heard it somewhere...

If there were other lines around it to back it up (like Carth's VO) then I think it would feel less abrupt and out of place is all. If you could find another line that people wouldn't recognize so easily, that would work too.

That's my input anyways :)

Mostly because I know it's an obviously rehashed line. My Kotor memory is hazy, but doesn't she say it pretty much every time you stop a conversation with her? If that's not it, I know I still have heard it somewhere...

If there were other lines around it to back it up (like Carth's VO) then I think it would feel less abrupt and out of place is all. If you could find another line that people wouldn't recognize so easily, that would work too.

That's my input anyways :)

Hmm, yeah, good idea. I'll look around for another line. Thanks VP.

We certainly would like to restore it in the next version. This version is a definite no-go for Sleheyron though. Don't worry there will be plenty of content in 1.0 so it'll all be good.

I'm sure there will be but I gotta ask another question - will you use the already existing content from the demo or are you gonna be making it from scratch? Also, something about this version of the mod - will you include Juhani's cut lines about every planet you visit? It's not much, but it's cool to hear her more often.

I'm sure there will be but I gotta ask another question - will you use the already existing content from the demo or are you gonna be making it from scratch? Also, something about this version of the mod - will you include Juhani's cut lines about every planet you visit? It's not much, but it's cool to hear her more often.

Well I had originally planned a demo but, that may not be necessary with K1R 1.0 being 50% complete (content wise) from my estimation. Yes Juhani's cut dialog will be included. If we do ultimately decide to go ahead with a demo though then know it will only be Endar Spire, Taris, and Dantooine.

Ok cool. I haven't played Kotor in a while, I will probably download this mod.

And I'm still sad about the fact that character leveling is going to be unchanged. If now I can achieve the top level by the middle of Korriban - then with K1R - I'll get there by the Leviathan. It renders upgrading meaningless for the rest of the game.

And I'm still sad about the fact that character leveling is going to be unchanged. If now I can achieve the top level by the middle of Korriban - then with K1R - I'll get there by the Leviathan. It renders upgrading meaningless for the rest of the game.

There's nothing that can be done without

a) forcing the game to be more difficult via making the PC gain less exp

or

B) going out of what is allowed within the bounds of modding within the KotOR community

I won't do A for those who don't wish for the game to be any harder for them and I won't do B as I want to able to release the mod here when it is finished.

Besides I believe there is already a standalone mod for A.

And now I'm also sad, because someone found it necessary to edit my post! :unsure:

On a serious note, let me ask, what is the point of Sleheyron in terms of the plot? What are you going to put another Star Map there? That seems pretty complicated. You'd need to edit dialogs of a bunch of people in the entire game.

On a serious note, let me ask, what is the point of Sleheyron in terms of the plot? What are you going to put another Star Map there? That seems pretty complicated. You'd need to edit dialogs of a bunch of people in the entire game.

That would take ages (or so I think) to do that! :o. Although it would be good.

Wait a minute you sad you started K1R in late 2010 and now you have done abaut 50% right?

So does that mean you wont finish the mod until abaut 2014?

Offtopic: I was searching the internet to find a complete list of the KotOR cut cotent but I didn't find much. Can you make such a list?

Not a complete list, but this has a lot of cut content:

Deadeye Duncan on Manaan

The Taris arena fighter Deadeye Duncan survived the events of the planet and would show up on Manaan.

He reveals that he's trying to become a mercenary and is finding it hard to find work due to his reputation. He asks your character if he can use your "Mysterious Stranger" name as a way to fix his reputation.

Sith Board The Ebon Hawk

After deciding who would rescue you, Carth and Bastila on the Leviathan, there was supposed to be a quick cutscene where Carth, Bastila, and the PC are shown being taken prisoner by the Sith boarding party.

Alternative Darkside Female Ending

In order to make the deadline for this game, an alternate ending for dark side females was cut.

The ending took place when Carth comes to the Star Forge to speak to you one last time. From there you could choose to redeem yourself by killing Bastila and stop her using her battle meditation on the sith forces. However, in doing this, the player and Carth lose precious time in escaping from the Star Forge and remain on the Star Forge as Republic forces destroy the Star Forge.

Black Vulkar Base Expansion

An extension of the Taris Swoop Bike quest, in which a second level exists in the Vulkar base and the player has to disguise himself as a Vulkar to infiltrate it.

Rulan Prolack Expansion

In the fight with Rulan Prolack (the shape changing alien you're sent to kill for the GenoHaradan), he always transforms into Jolee. However it seems he was at one time meant to transform into any one of your NPCs, even your PC.

Alternative Way Into Taris Sith Base (tar_m02ad)

There was an alternate way into the Sith base on Taris. The junior Sith officers you meet in the cantina could later be talked to at the party for a chance to buy a passcard into the base. (this only needs me to sort out a script then it's done)

Indecent Proposal

As a "reward" for rescuing Shen and Rahasia, the PC had the option to make an... indecent proposal (Shen for female PC, Rahasia for male) shortly before Ahlan and Nurick show up.

Garrum and Tareelok

An argument between a Master and his apprentice was supposed to take place on Dantooine.

Manaan Pazaak Tournament

You could compete in a Pazaak tournament on Manaan.

Sith Patrol In Sewers

The Sith patrol you meet in the Undercity was at one time in the sewers (or possibly it was a second patrol) and were much harder to fool (you'd have to show your papers and then pass a persuade check).

Carth's Extended Taris Apartment Dialog

A little bit of unused dialogue near the beginning, Carth tells the PC to go back to sleep until their injuries heal.

The Echani Mercenary's Friends

During your adventures on Manaan, you could partake in a side quest to find out what happened to an Echani mercenary's friends.

The PC fights alongside Jolee

More bits of dialogue seem to suggest that Jolee and the PC were meant to fight together in the Shadow Lands before he officially joined your party. Perhaps against the Katarns you see him kill?

Swoop Bike Parts

A possibility to buy parts for the Swoop Bike. On the Swoop Track on Tatooine, when the player talks to a racer named Nico, he can still ask Nico where there's a place to buy upgrades for the swoop bike. Bioware forgot to cut this dialogue.

Belaya Captured

If the player didn't kill Juhani, the Jedi Belaya, from the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, was supposed to have been captured and kept as a prisoner aboard the Leviathan. She would later be discovered to have died in captivity.

Canderous and Juhani's Talk

As with other team configurations, if Juhani and Canderous were part of the player's team, they were supposed to have dialogue with each other. Specifically about the Mandalorian invasion of Cathar.

Dungeon on Tatooine

An alternate Star Map scenario where the map is located in the maw of a Sarlacc. The player must navigate an underground Rakatan temple in order to locate the pit, and then figure out how to get to the map without getting eaten.

Sewers Trash Compactor Puzzle

A trash compactor puzzle in the Taris Sewers.

Sand People Messiah

A quest that would have allowed the player to become a sort of Messiah of the Sandpeople and lead them against their Czerka corporation oppressors.

Gammorean Stronghold

A Gammorean stronghold used to exist in the Taris Undercity.

Carth/Female Revan Extended

An extended romance .dlg for Carth with a Female Revan, for a better executed beach scene.

Shuma The Hutt

Shuma the Hutt originally could be found in the Jedi Enclave. Due in part to recent events, Shuma was granted asylum in the Enclave.

Iriaz

Passive Iriaz originally roamed the plains of Dantooine. That's right, other creatures roamed the plains and didn't attack you on sight.

More Swoop Races

You could go swoop racing on Kashyyyk, Dantooine and Korriban

Extended Shadowlands

A third area of the Kashyyyk Shadowlands could be accessed (it is a lower level beneath the second level and some of the areas were created but are mostly empty, with very little content in them).

Sunry Murder Expansion

Apparently it was possible that Revan could discover a datapad written by Elassa to her Sith Master shortly before her death, inside the Sith Embassy. In it she says that she doesn't believe Sunry knew anything of value, and actually intended to murder him on the very same night the jilted Sunry killed her. Ironically, while Sunry had killed her in cold blood, he had unknowingly prevented his own death at the same time.

Bastila on Korriban

Bastila was originally allowed to accompany you during your trip to Korriban. This is evidenced by dialogue and voices that still exist in the game files.

Juhani's Leviathan Dialogue

Juhani had some dialogue after you escape from the Leviathan.

Party Dialogue for Korriban Star Map

It appears as though nearly every one of your NPC teammates had something to say after you find the Star Map in Naga Shadow's tomb. However, as we all know, only your character is allowed to enter Naga Shadow's tomb.

Juhani Speaks of Korriban's Evil

You could speak with Juhani after finding the Star Map on Korriban. The dialogue itself involves Juhani telling you of her dislike of Korriban's evil and how it affected her.

Juhani Dislikes Canderous

You could speak to Juhani about why she dislikes Canderous. The dialogue itself obviously became available shortly AFTER her argument with Canderous.

Taris Lower City Extended

There was more content for the Taris Lower City orginally such as a way into the swoop track and more Black Vulkars that would attack.

Juhani Speaks More of Taris

Shortly after you learn that Juhani's last home planet was Taris, you could talk to her again to learn about how the prejudice and racism of other people affected her life on Taris.

Carth's Devastation

Originally, if you had been doing the Carth romance sidequest, a dialogue with Carth revealed he was much more devastated with your character being Revan than he was in the final version of the game.

More Juhani Dialogue

Juhani had additional comments about Revan.

Sharina Fizzark

Sharina Fizzark, the woman who tries to sell you the great wraid plate on Tatooine, can later be found on Dantooine building a new life.

Dantooine Burial Mound Expansion

Apparently you had to do some extra work if you wanted to enter the burial mound on Dantooine as evidenced by a sound file of Bastila talking about how to open it.

The PC threatens a Sith Commander on the Leviathan

Your character at one point in the game could threaten or ask a Sith commander on the Leviathan to help you.

Injured Dark Apprentice

At one point, you encounter an injured dark apprentice in the Rakatan Temple on the Unknown World.

Canderous and Juhani dialog

Due to a small glitch in a dialogue file Bioware forgot to fix, conversation between Juhani and Canderous that takes place on Kashyyyk is never heard in the final version of the game.

Some Jawa NPCs were apparently cut from Tatooine.

A lightsaber crystal called Wookie amulet was cut from the game

There were three additional difficulties Very Easy,Hard,and Impossible (Impossible is the only one that can be safely restored)

There was originally more to the tar-preraid cutscene with Carth chiming in and some dlg choices for the PC.

Zaalbar has some dialogue in the Shadowlands.

The off-duty Sith in the Taris Cantina has some cut dialogue for the opposite gender

Guard Stance was a cut feat

The Glow Rod was cut from Taris

Krayt Dragon Fight

You could fight the Krayt Dragon on Tatooine

Well I had originally planned a demo but, that may not be necessary with K1R 1.0 being 50% complete (content wise) from my estimation. Yes Juhani's cut dialog will be included. If we do ultimately decide to go ahead with a demo though then know it will only be Endar Spire, Taris, and Dantooine.

I was talking about using the demo of Sleheyron that is still available on filefront. Personally I think you shouldn't release a demo of this mod because it will spoil things. Even if they aren't big and major and all, it still is a spoiler.

Wait a minute you sad you started K1R in late 2010 and now you have done abaut 50% right?

So does that mean you wont finish the mod until abaut 2014?

There's not really a schedule here. They can finish it after two weeks, two months or two years. As long as it takes to make it flawless.

I was talking about using the demo of Sleheyron that is still available on filefront. Personally I think you shouldn't release a demo of this mod because it will spoil things. Even if they aren't big and major and all, it still is a spoiler.

There's not really a schedule here. They can finish it after two weeks, two months or two years. As long as it takes to make it flawless.

[Persuade] If it would devastate you so badly, then just ignore the demo if it is released!

+1 Dark Side