ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

Guest Astor

Will this mod try and fix any glitches and bugs the game might have too?

Also, might the flowing cape mod be added to the project?

Guest HK-47

Ehm, if you go to level 40+ (with cheating for example) the game is clearly not made for that. Lootscripts break (hence no lightsaber drops if you were that level), auto-balancing breaks... everything does.

So, no, I doubt it was ever intended AT ALL.

If any too much XP is given, especially in the start, since the early levels pass faster than you should.

Statement: I've not noticed any loot scripts breaking or auto balancing breaking, though that may be why it's nearly impossible to beat Kreia at the end (ALMOST). But I've never noticed anything else being out of balance. Of course, I play on hard so that might make some difference.

Will this mod try and fix any glitches and bugs the game might have too?

Also, might the flowing cape mod be added to the project?

Bugfixing, I think so (eventually). Adding other non-restoration/fix mods into it, I think not at the moment.

When noticing this on your Master List of things that could be restored . . .

Dungeon on Tatooine

An alternate Star Map scenario where the map is located in the maw of a Sarlacc. The player must navigate an underground Rakatan temple in order to locate the pit, and then figure out how to get to the map without getting eaten.

Most of us have already seen the picture of the area the presumably holds the Sarlaac . . .

KOTORWorldsTour-Tatooine-b.jpg

. . . but the "caves" to get to that "room" were awfully messed up. Lacking several textures, an incomplete walkmesh, and being able to see beyond the boundaries were all major problems of that map.

A suggestion: If you decide to restore the Sarlaac pit to KOTOR, skip those caves and substitute them with one of the items that Quanon put up for use over at LucasForums. Just look for the Quanon's Big Sell Out thread.

Of course, you could always grab the catacombs from Korriban in the Shyrack Cave as another idea. If you turn it around 180 degrees and use the spot where the three Sith students escaped as the entrance - and reskinned it to suit a Tattoine environment - that could suit your purposes quite well. I wouldn't recommend the Crystal Cave on Dantooine as there's only one way in or out of it.

Before you say no, I'd recommend trying to to go through those caves yourself and see how big the "caves issue" actually is.

In case anyone else would like to see first hand of what I'm talking about, head over to FileFront and look up Darth InSidious' "K1 Lost Modules Pack" and download it for yourself.

OK. i did look at the Lost Modules Pack a while ago, but that was before the project started and I didn't know what to look for. I'll try and fit time in to examine it more thoroughly.

Guest Pavijan357

And how about also making Xor human again in PC version as he is on X-Box? It's pretty obvious from his language and dialog ("...you must feel as I do about lesser, non-human species...") that he somehow become Twi'lek by typo or some other similar mistake, and that X-Box version is the real one...

And how about also making Xor human again in PC version as he is on X-Box? It's pretty obvious from his language and dialog ("...you must feel as I do about lesser, non-human species...") that he somehow become Twi'lek by typo or some other similar mistake, and that X-Box version is the real one...

Perhaps we could give Xor a unique model?

Any chance that the skyboxes in K1 might be improved? I'm sure better resolution artwork could utilized than what is currently in game.

Guest Astor

If I am not mistaken, the twilek model Xor has in the pc version of K1 is unique. I am almost positive that there are no other purple twileks.

Another tweak that would be nice is the outfit for Bastila's mother. At the moment she wears a jedi robe, which is obviously out of place. That and the twilek who brings word of Bastila's mother to her has the standard slave girl/dancer outfit on. Maybe the civilian clothes would be more suitable.

Guest Pavijan357

If I am not mistaken, the twilek model Xor has in the pc version of K1 is unique. I am almost positive that there are no other purple twileks.

Yes, it is unique, but it still doesn't make sense that he is Twi'lek of any kind in the first place... Maybe they created model for someone else and that mistakenly put it on Xor while porting. Making him unique HUMAN (or common one again, doesn't matter to me) is something that should and could easily be done. That purple Twi'lek head can (or not, whatever suits you), eventually if needed, be used for someone else...

Guest Gatherum

^ That. Xor was a Mandolarian human supremacist. Even if he displayed a unique twi'lek head, it is an obvious error.

So, Mandalore, how do you feel about that walkmesh? I confess that I've never seen it myself.

General question to anyone who might know: how difficult is it to create a new module from scratch (as in, not a retexture or reskin, but a whole new one)? If I'm not mistaken, Silveredge9 made one for BoS:SR near the end.

Currently, I don't think it'll be done in the near future, but we will get it done at some point.

General question to anyone who might know: how difficult is it to create a new module from scratch (as in, not a retexture or reskin, but a whole new one)? If I'm not mistaken, Silveredge9 made one for BoS:SR near the end.

Silveredge didn't make the custom area for Brotherhood of Shadow. Quanon made it for him.

Varsity Puppet has had some success with new areas as well. Check his Malachor VI thread here for more information and pictures.

Guest nerdenstein

One thing I've noticed during my current play through of K1 is the amount of goals that are stuck in my quest log that I can't seem to get shot of.

It's little more than an annoyance really but it's one I am wondering whether it could be fixed?

To put into context; On Korriban, I tend to do all the missions to gain prestige before going to Master Uthar. Once i've looked into all the tombs and everything, I go to Uthar with everything but he only let's me say the first few before sending me off to rest for the final trial. So now, since Korriban, I've had the Aiding Lashowe goal and about three other goals stuck in my quest log with no way of finishing them.

Perhaps a way of telling Uthar everything and gaining xp from doing so before you give confirmation that you are ready to go to the final test? Or when you reach the final test, all the other Prestige receiving goals disappear from the log.

Another example is that the Canderous and Jagi dispute goal (Can't remember what it is called now) seems to be stuck too. It makes it sound like I haven't met him in the dunes when in fact, I have.

I can't remember if these goals stuck during my last playthrough but the only difference this time is I'm trying out the Brotherhood of Shadow mod for the first time (and really enjoying it might I add).

Cheers for the project guys. Looking forward too it! :P

Guest bendarby24

same for me, all my quest stay there it really anoying :/

The Jagi don´t, but yes, you cannot finish of all Korriban. That´s probably why they did it differently in KOTOR2 with Dxun even using the same gameplay principle (finish a few side-quests, not all needed)...

I have had the problem before with Jagi. If it can be fixed (I don't see why it can't), then we'll fit that in.

I haven't read the whole thread so you'll forgive me if the question I ask has already been answered. Will Sleheyron be restored? I'm sure that a lot of people really want to see it restored.

I haven't read the whole thread so you'll forgive me if the question I ask has already been answered. Will Sleheyron be restored? I'm sure that a lot of people really want to see it restored.

I suggest reading the whole thread. It is not that long.

• Like 1

Why, is it that hard to answer a question and not act like a bad ass just once? Aaaah, forget it, it's not really smart to argue with a moderator. Plus, I'm new here.

EDIT: I read the whole thread. Question answered, with some extra knowledge gained.

• Like 1

Why, is it that hard to answer a question and not act like a bad ass just once? Aaaah, forget it, it's not really smart to argue with a moderator. Plus, I'm new here.

EDIT: I read the whole thread. Question answered, with some extra knowledge gained.

By the way I thought this through and I am now going to make a announcement.

Sleheyron will not be restored...in the first version of K1R (which is numbered 1.0.)

Sleheyron will be restored in K1R version 2.0.

K1R 1.0 will still have Return to Dantooine, the Czerka Korriban offices, etc though. Basically K1R 2.0 will be any content we may have missed (if any), bug fixes, and Sleheyron.

NOOOOOOO!!! Why do you do this to me??? Waaaaaah! *5 more minutes of whimpering* Wait, what is this returning to Dantooine?

Hello, will somebody explain what "Return to Dantooine" means? By the way, has something new and interesting been completed?

Hello, will somebody explain what "Return to Dantooine" means?

You can learn more about the Return to Dantooine portion of this mod here.

I can report that thanks to Fallen Guardian version 1.0 of the Taris Undercity is almost done. Expect a new screenshot of Taris to be posted soon as "Screen of the Week". Possibly next week. In the meantime though I'm going to go through my K1R screenshots and find a good one for this "Screen of the Week".

Edit: New K1R "Screen of the Week" is up. Check it out! ;)