Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

Bug Reports for TSLRCM 1.8.5

1) When did the problem begin to occur?
​After leaving Telos after talking with Carth

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?
​Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam,4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?
​Yes

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
Fresh

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
​K2 Masked Revan Star Forge Robes
​Enhanced Merchants
First National Bank of Coruscant
​Coruscant Jedi Temple and compatibility mod
​M4-78 planet mod
Extended Enclave
New Saber Color crystals
Love Between ​Brianna and Exile
​Feat Progression
​Force Power Feat Gain
​Feat Progression
Increased Attributes and Skills
​Player's Lightsaber from Atris
Peragus Survival Items

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
​Every time I leave the Ravager and talk with Carth, I leave in the Ebon Hawk, but I end up in the Hyperspace Sequence that takes place on the way to Telos in the beginning. I cannot find any way to get to Malachor. Is this a glitch, a bug, or am I just doing something wrong? Oh, I also never got the HK factory area.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
​No

11) Have you tried using a different save game?
​Yes

12) Have you tried starting a new game?
Yes

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
​Windows 10

Arceus8888, please also answer this question as well:

14) Are you playing this on a laptop or a desktop computer?

14) Are you playing this on a laptop or a desktop computer?
​Laptop, since it runs better than on my PC

Music doesn't change to what's supposed to play for in-engine cutscenes (the ones that are actual videos work fine).

This is the first install of the game on this laptop and it's been happening since I started a few days ago. It hasn't happened on other installs I've had on other computers in the past.

Yes. I'm subscribed through Steam Workshop.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.

As far as I know, Steam does this automatically.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh install.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Widescreen UI (stretch fix) - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639641660

When in-engine cutscenes play, a lot of the time they'll switch the music out. None of that's playing and it's just playing the base environment music for the area. I only know this because I've played the game many times before.

No

No

This is a new game, but no, I haven't tried starting another

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 10 64-bit

14) Laptop/Desktop?

Laptop

Music doesn't change to what's supposed to play for in-engine cutscenes (the ones that are actual videos work fine).

Which ones? Be specific and name them. Thanks.

Which ones? Be specific and name them. Thanks.

So far, all of them. I'm most of the way through Peragus (I just regained T3 after Kreia got her hand cut off) and the music hasn't changed in any of the in-engine cutscenes yet.

After fighting Sion in the Korriban Accademy

yes, 1.8.5, updated through Steam Workshop

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?)

Steam
What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

N/A

yes

Fresh

6) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
None, just TSLRCM

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
After Kreia said to run, I left the temple, turned around and went back. Sion and one of his assassins is now standing there as a friendly character that I can't interact with, and when I try to go further into the temple the screen goes black as though a cut scene is about to happen but never does. I can still rotate through characters (only reason I can tell is because they give their "greeting"), and I can pull up the menu, but otherwise I am stuck like that until I load up a previous save.

8) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
no

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

like another play through's save file? No. I played on and came back to the temple and it is still messing up

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

no

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7

Hello.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?\

When i trained any non-jedi companion to use the Force. Dark or Ligth ,its no matter

yeah

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

fresh, from Steam Workshop

Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485560877 m4-78EP

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489036533 High Quality Stars and Nebulas

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575948452 Visas HD

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583257221 Ebon Wawk retex

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575834077 Nar Shadaa retex

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=513456222 Ligth Saber colours

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784736361 Effixian's Alternative Female Underwear

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=589057016 Russian ZOG localisation

When Exile trained her non-jedi compnanions to use the Force, they no more give party exp, if they stay in rest on the ship, not in active group. This is about Atton, Disciple and Bao-Dur in this walktrouth. Droids, Kreya, and Visas take exp normally. Maybe, it happens, because i m not leveluped this guys before their jedi traning. you know , points of force tech.

yes

yes

not yet

WIn 7 prof. x64

On the Harbinger.

Yep

GOG, English version

N/A

Fresh

Retested without any other mods. (I keep a clean TSLRCM install for this kind of stuff).

On the Harbinger it's possible that the sound of Sion breaking out of his cage will be heard totally out of the blue. Obviously doesn't prevent me from playing, but still, buggy.

It seems to happen after I load a savegame. Tried two different savegames.

I'm attaching a save which tends to produce the problem if I load it. Wait about half a minute after loading.

Nope, though see question 12.

Yep

Not exactly, but I believe I remember having this in my 1.8.4 playthrough too, so this should count as a new game.

Windows 10 home.

000008 - Game7.zip

Yeah, that happens. Should easily be fixed with the same fix for, say, Hanharr in 303NAR.

Yeah, that happens. Should easily be fixed with the same fix for, say, Hanharr in 303NAR.

Hanharr? 

I'm having a bug where it crashes when I load into the Nar Shaddaa Bounty Meeting so could you explain?

Sorry, but what about my problem?

I can share my save game if I need to.

Is the bug I mentioned from original TSL game, or is something related to the TSLRCM. Anyway, this is the first time that I saw the bug.

Arriving on Nar Shaddaa, when it loads the interior of Goto's ship- the first time you see it.

​Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam,4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
GOG

​Yes

Fresh

TSLRCM
TSLRCM Adjustment Pack, can be found on DS.
Darker Peragus REDUX
HK-Series by Kainzorous, skins found on DS- full mod found elsewhere.
Full Jedi Council
Rescaled Trandoshans
RedRob Party and Player Underwear.
RedRob Luxa Fix and other head fixes.
Enhanced AI
Blasters- High Quality
Blasters- Reloaded
Visually Distinctive Weapon Types
Quarterstaffs
Movement Fix, Galaxy Map Fix
Brianna and Disciple swapped and Altered Revan Romances.

At least a couple hundred Misc files.

I have used KSE, that may be causing the problem- I will link all the mods I'm using soon, I'd really appreciate assistance with this- as it's a problem I haven't cracked or been able to devote a lot of time to due to finals.
​Every time I try to go to Nar Shaddaa the game crashes upon loading Goto's ship interior after the cutscene of it flying by.

​No

​Yes

No
​Windows 10

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0hdM1MqLqE5SGMxOTNDSnFMZDg?usp=sharing

Here's a link with all the files I'm using.

Okay, tried a completely new game save and experienced the same crash.

Please help...

tenor.gif

I haven't the faintest, as I don't know most of those mods.

What I'd try is to remove all the mods (or just backup the Kotor 2 folder by renaming it, and reinstall the game+TSLRCM cleanly), see if the game still crashes on that save. If it doesn't, then add half the mods, check if it crashes, then add/subtract 1/4 of the mods etc so in 4-5 steps like that you'll know which mod does it.

At least this is what I've done in the past in situations like that.

Another thing possibly worth trying even before the above, is get a clean savegame from one of the collections in the download section, just in case those KSE changes messed something up (unlikely, but might be worth a shot), and see if it makes any difference.

I haven't the faintest, as I don't know most of those mods.

What I'd try is to remove all the mods (or just backup the Kotor 2 folder by renaming it, and reinstall the game+TSLRCM cleanly), see if the game still crashes on that save. If it doesn't, then add half the mods, check if it crashes, then add/subtract 1/4 of the mods etc so in 4-5 steps like that you'll know which mod does it.

At least this is what I've done in the past in situations like that.

Another thing possibly worth trying even before the above, is get a clean savegame from one of the collections in the download section, just in case those KSE changes messed something up (unlikely, but might be worth a shot), and see if it makes any difference.

Already tried this, still don't know what's causing it.

I really, really don't want to sift through every single file by myself.

If someone could give me basically a list of all the assets used in that scene where Goto first appears and what scripts are involved in that scene it would probably save me a huge headache. 

So going off of your last post, Lucy, you did try renaming the Override folder, correct? Short of that, I might also rename the 352NAR.mod file to something different like "352NA.mod" as a temporary thing and then load a save from before going to Nar Shaddaa.

Besides this, have you tried adding "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" and/or "DisableVertexBufferObjects=1" to the [Graphics Options] section of your swkotor2.ini file?

• Like 1

So going off of your last post, Lucy, you did try renaming the Override folder, correct? Short of that, I might also rename the 352NAR.mod file to something different like "352NA.mod" as a temporary thing and then load a save from before going to Nar Shaddaa.

Besides this, have you tried adding "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" and/or "DisableVertexBufferObjects=1" to the [Graphics Options] section of your swkotor2.ini file?

Renaming the module didn't work. 

However, renaming the Override folder did- so it's definitely something in it. 

I don't know what though. 

That's why I suggested the binary search approach. You said you tried that? And what happened, couldn't you isolate which half of the mods the problem's in, etc.?

Binary search approach? 

Much quicker and more convenient than adding 1 mod a time.

Okay, so I let it go again and let it run through all the dialogue and cutscene without skipping anything, it seemed to load in the environment and characters fine although they weren't moving, not even idle animations and Goto was sitting at the other side of the room where he starts but didn't move- I think this is probably something to do with scripting no?