NikaAlexandrov

Quick Question Regarding PC Soundsets In TSL

A long time ago there was a wonderful mod in I believe it was Lucasartsfiles or forum, but I forget the name, that allowed a person to use the kotor saved game editor to change it so you could hear the exile saying things like 'mine laid and ready' or 'on it' or 'da*n* when she or he couldn't open a door or footlocker, which I always found enjoyable. Now that was for the cd version. (I won't get into the annoyance of securom and its stupidity...). I now have the steam version, I also have TSLRCM_185, & M478EP 151 for soundsets I'd either like the regular pc voices or by the wonderful Sith Holocron's snazzy ones (pipedream probably but a girl can dream of hearing either Jaesa darkside, the smuggler or the agent female lol instead of annoying silence/dead air that was imposed), anyways my question is how?

I'd already tried gu soundsets, linking that with everything like I was supposed to in the tslpatcher to the pc's voice, I even tried dropping everything in wave to the steamwaves folder still no go. Is it just that I need to go into the 2da sounds and change things around with notepad++ and change things around or is there more to it? What programs will I need to use? I want to plan this out, and go step by step so that there's no mistakes made.

I'm guessing I'll also need to go into override as well, but is there is a step one, a step two, and a step three? I've not seen many tutorials and that's what I'm looking for before I mess up and do something that leads me to having to reinstall my game again and lead me to do a lot of cursing, yelling and having too many blond moments lol.

Are you running the legacypc version on Steam? If you're not, this could explain some of the issues. I don't know why it is different, but when I run the legacypc edition, the soundsets work perfectly like they are supposed to with save game editor. I think the patch made by Aspyr makes it to where the soundsets have to be in .mp3 format, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not exactly certain. I purchased it, along with the other game, rebellion, jedi knight and a few of the others together Squall Lionhart. Where do I go to check on Steam? Because for additional information when I used that one, and before that 11 PC Species Soundsets for K1 by RedRob41 which offered female twi'lek voice for my twi'leck exile both times I got static. Am I just missing a step or is it a mixup on steam's end or my having a blond moment lol?

1 hour ago, Squall Lionhart said:

Are you running the legacypc version on Steam? If you're not, this could explain some of the issues. I don't know why it is different, but when I run the legacypc edition, the soundsets work perfectly like they are supposed to with save game editor. I think the patch made by Aspyr makes it to where the soundsets have to be in .mp3 format, but I'm not 100% sure.

Squall, are you confusing TSL for K1?  The player character is silent in TSL.

There was one mod that did assign a voice to the exile, it was the same voice the kotor player would use, however I cannot find it so I'm trying to figure out what steps to takes Sith Holocron, to try and do it on my own.

Edited by NikaAlexandrov
Quick grammar fix

2 hours ago, NikaAlexandrov said:

There was one mod that did assign a voice to the exile, it was the same voice the kotor player would use, however I cannot find it so I'm trying to figure out what steps to takes Sith Holocron, to try and do it on my own.

I vaguely recall that but the player is silent in TSL without that lost mod.  If it was found or it was recreated, I'd be happy about that - and that's not just because I have several PC sound sets that I put together.  (You can find them all here along with my other mods, if you're curious.)  And even though I'd have to change my mod instructions to all of those sound set mods, I would be happy to do it if there was a way for TSL players to hear their characters speak.

I know, I downloaded yours actually Sith Holocron, and I tried two different mods mentioned, but again because of my perfectionistic tendencies and a blond moment I, or the game made it so that when my cute little twilek restarted she went silent, which left me on verge of cursing. Hence my going: "Okay I did this, I followed the steps right, what am I doing wrong?" I mean I've now started a new game (again - grrrr) and I do have the steam version, I've got kse, I've got the kotor tool and have linked everything correctly, far as I know. The mod in question was one on Lucasartsforums but can't download it grrr stupid waybackmachine.

I just want to know the steps myself, do I just use override and steamwave, or is there more to it than that?

If I knew how to do it, I would have explained how to use it in the instructions.  (I'm not a fan of knowledge gating.)  No one could recall how to do it when I first started making those sound sets, and believe me - I certainly asked around. 

Knowledge gating? And I don't think you would. Ugh, I hope I didn't throw out all my mods. That would be bad :( I have asked GiygasUnlimited and RedRob41 since I did try their mods first, before my blond moment/perfection streaks kicked in (I was happily running through and all of a sudden another issue unrelated came up, one that made me go 'oi vey!' Then I start over lol, as if having to run the gambit of trying to get the perfect Lethian twi'lek Talon look alikes for my pc wasn't hard enough!) using TSL Effixian's Twi'lek PC Pack to make a very snazzy Darth Talon like twilek girl 😄)

Okay, so here's what should work:

1. Open the K2 soundset.2da

image.thumb.png.d6b0458e08c2b1d25b57b84952ab0d4d.png

2. Add the entries for the PC soundsets at the bottom of the table. These are the entries in the K1 soundset.2da, for reference:

image.png.afa182d66f774eebf5ef27f59622f080.png

3. Save the modified soundset.2da to your K2 override folder.

4. Open KSE and change the soundset for your PC on your last saved game.

image.thumb.png.c4f82e870b51ac8224540101157d5a0f.png

5. The soundset files need to go into the SWKOTOR2/StreamSounds folder and need to be named correctly according to the .2da file. Take the files for other characters as reference.

• Like 1

Oooo *bows* spashiba! 😄 😄 😄 *offers homemade gingersnap cookies* will this work with Vette, or the Smuggler or Darkside Jaesa for example by Sith Holocron? :) 

• Like 1

With anything, as long as the files are named correctly!

• Thanks 1

*Cheers* Ohh the havoc to be caused lol! My twi'lek shall be running around saying things such as "I'm going to be very angry if I die!" Lol I hope lol, that is if I do it properly. Do I need to put anything into override? Or does it all go into soundset.2da? And this will be for my pc exile of course.

12 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Squall, are you confusing TSL for K1?  The player character is silent in TSL.

I may have misinterpreted the method of my reply with the TSL soundset addon mod by mistake. 

• Like 1

I know I've seen one mod that used to be on Lucasartsfile or was it forum which could allow you to use the old Kotor 1 voice for the exile, and thanks to Bead-V looks like I might be able to mod my twilek up muhaha giving her life! *Cackles with a female mad scientist flair* have you tried this method as well Sith Holocron?