9 minutes ago, MAQS said:

Did you use partyswap on this run? or did I miss it?

You haven't missed it. I didn't use it.

According the posts of the download page of Party Swap it's not compatible with Extended Enclave

There is this patch for that, However I dont know if partyswap and extended enclave should be installed intermediately after installing TSLRCM and m4-78

On 8/18/2019 at 12:11 PM, Obi Wan Pere said:

Well, my friends, I've decided bet against myself and tried to edit with Kotor Tools the "Appearance.2da" file according the directions of Malkior's Post and this is the result

Vog 8.jpg

In my Playthrough now I'm using the edited 'appearance.2da' and the 'C_Hutt03.tga' and 'C_Hutt03.txi' files from the ''KOTOR 2 Community Patch-v1.4'.

By the moment I'm not using any of the "Hutt" files from ''Kotor 1 Texture to Kotor 2 Game Bridge 1.0.0' MOD.

Do you mind explaining what you did to make Vogga look like this? I tried using the Kotor Tools program and change the envmap to CM_SpecMap and the model still doesn't look correct.

I wanted to share a way that I found to fix the Vogga model issue. If you go into the override folder located in your Kotor 2 install folder, there should be two files called C_Hutt03.tga and C_Hutt03.txi located there. Deleting those files should get the Vogga model to look correct. I hope that this helps anyone that has had this problem and has not been able to find a way to fix it.

15 hours ago, nonameperson66 said:

If you go into the override folder located in your Kotor 2 install folder, there should be two files called C_Hutt03.tga and C_Hutt03.txi located there. Deleting those files should get the Vogga model to look correct.

Hi @nonameperson66

At first I did that, as I wrote in the thread, but after I applied a better solution. Time ago but I'll try to explain it.

The most heavy transparencies shown in the first screenshot were with the MOD 'Kotor 1 Texture to Kotor 2 Game Bridge 1.0.0' installed. I removed the files of this MOD related with the Hutt and kept using just the files belonging to 'KOTOR 2 Community Patch-v1.4' ("C_Hutt03.tga" and "C_Hutt03.txi"). That helps but still show some transparencies (the second screenshot). After that I followed the instructions from @Malkior editing the 'Appearance.2da' file with Kotor Tool:

"...the gist of it is to download Kotortool and use its built-in 2da editor to change the Envmap section from six asterisks (*) to whatever Envmap the TXI says to use (I believe it was CM_Specular) You can open the TXI with notepad or any text editor, and there should be one line that says "Envmaptexture" followed by whatever cubemap it needs."

The result was more than satisfactory (the third screenshot and the same you've used in your post). Editing the file, If I recall allright there were not asteriscs in the corresponding cell but the process is the same, substitute the content of the cell (asteriscs or whatever) for the Envmap described in the "C_Hutt03.txi" file (the exact description).

Mmmm... rescueing a missage I sent to Malkior when I edited the 'Appearance.2da' file:

"The envmaptexture of the .txi file is "CM_SpecMap".

In the 'appearance.2da' there are 4 lines related with Hutt's, the label column says "Alien_Hutt_01" to "04" and in the envmap column the 4 valours are set to "DEFAULT" (not asterisks).

I think that the only one line I have to edit is "Alien_Hutt_03" because I assume is the related with the "C_Hutt03.txi" file.

I did that way and set the envmap of the "Alien_Hutt_03" line to "CM_SpecMap". After that I used the edited .2da in my Override folder and drag there as well the "C_Hutt03.tga" and "C_Hutt03.txi" from the Community Patch (without use any of the files from 'Kotor 1 Texture to Kotor 2 Game Bridge' MOD) and ...it has worked."

----------------

I hope it helps you.

So I went to the Github page for the K2 Community Patch and posted on the issue tab and apparently the problem is that my GPU can't properly handle envmaps. If anyone else has this issue it seems like the solution is to delete the C_Hutt03.tga and C_Hutt03.txi files in your override folder.

Edited by nonameperson66

@nonameperson66

If I'm not wrong erasing these files you just get the normal vanilla appearence of the Hutt (that was my first solution before edit files).

Anyway, for to be sure about the card, can't you test your edited files in other machine with a non ATI card?

So I tested Kotor 2 with the Restored Content Mod and K2 Community Patch installed on another computer using a Nvidia 1660 and after modifying the apperance.2da file the Vogga model looked correct. If anyone has issues with this or models in K1 looking odd it could be that you are using an ATI card that doesn't handle envmaps properly.

• Like 1

So, more recent ATI cards cause the problem? Well, from the sound of it I'm in for fun times when I get my hands on TSL for PC then. I've already had issues with K1 (had to turn off Frame Buffer Effects to prevent CTD after character creation) with it..

So I installed Kotor 2 and the Kotor 2 Community Patch on a Windows 11 machine using a Nvidia GTX 1660 graphics card and the Vogga model shader was not displaying properly. I tried to install older drivers to see if that would fix the issue, but the Vogga model was still messed up. So Windows 11 might be causing this problem, just in case anyone else was having trouble with this issue.

So, I tried installing the legacy version of Kotor 2 (the legacy pc version that does not have native widescreen support), then installing TSLRCM 1.8.6 and Textures Improvement Project (the mod that adds the shaders back into textures) and without having to edit the appearance.2da file, the Vogga the Hutt texture displayed perfectly. This is using the same same setup as mentioned in the above post with the Nvidia 512.95 drivers, which are the latest drivers available at the time I am writing this post. I have no clue why the shaders would not work on the Aspyr version of Kotor 2, but I wanted to write this is case anyone else wants to see if this fixes this problem.

The Aspyr version of Kotor 2 has a few shader issues not present in the older versions of the game. This can be seen often with lightsabers hilts appearing to be missing their textures, but some older texture mods clearly reflect this change as well as they will not appear correctly.

This mod is an example of one I recall having issues with the Aspyr version.