Blue

LucasForums Lost Forever?

I've spent a lot of time trying to navigate the old Holowan Labs forum on the lucasforums site through WayBackMachine. It is very cumbersome and there are a lot of dead links that were never archived. And things start to go off the rails if you try to navigate to older pages. It would be nice if there was a way to get access to the old Holowan Labs database files (With just the forums posts/threads and no user data) so an archived version could be reconstructed. I would have already attempted to pursue this myself, but I don't know who to contact about it.

I would be willing to host and build something like this on my own server, I could even see making it into a GitHub repository for posterity's sake.

I'm hopeful that someone can get me in contact with whoever owned the old site, but I fear there has been too much time since it's demise.

Any leads would be much appreciated :).

Edit: Welp it's been a little over a year since I created this thread. Since then I built the LucasForums Archive Project to aid in my KotOR research.

well, for the time being: TOCs by Darth333, Canderis, T7nowhere and tk102  from Holowan Labs/Lucasforums (via waybackmachine):

General Tools & Tutorials:

Modelling, Skinning/Texturing:

Spoiler

Modelling:

Texturing:

•  

Modding Tools (T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center)

There's also a TOC in  T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center listing all tools:  https://web.archive.org/web/20150906172255/http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152392
Most links will be dead anyway, but it gives a nice overview/ a place to start hunting them down.

Spoiler

Savegame Editor / Cheat utilities

General Modding Tools

Skinning/Modeling Tools

Other useful tools for skinning/modeling not developped by LucasForums members:

Dialogue/Sound Editing

Other useful tools for sound editing not developped by LucasForums members:

Scripting

Area Editing

Mod Compatibility Tools

.2da Tutorials

Scripting Tutorials

That's at least better than navigating Lucasforums' archive by hand (esp. on mobile).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, MilesTeg81 said:

...for the time being: TOCs by Darth333, Canderis, T7nowhere and tk102  from Holowan Labs/Lucasforums (via waybackmachine)...

Many thanks for compiling, @MilesTeg81 - much appreciated! Got all them links bookmarked already. :cheers:

Welp it's been a little over a year since I created this thread. Since then I built the LucasForums Archive Project to aid in my KotOR research. I thought I would share it here in case anyone is interested. It isn't anywhere near complete, but there is quite a lot included already. I may attempt to add more at some point in the future.

• Thanks 8

@Blue , if you can add any more discussions of M4-78, that would be very helpful to me.  :)

Thanks for what you've done so far!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

@Blue , if you can add any more discussions of M4-78, that would be very helpful to me.  :)

Thanks for what you've done so far!

I'll take a look and see what I can do! 

• Thanks 1

Hi.

Realizing I'm posting in a dead thread here, but thought some of you may find it interesting. Us over at MixnMojo (a site that was hosted by LFNetwork, which also hosted LucasForums) have set up a read-only copy of LucasForums based on the last backup made before the servers went offline: https://forums.mixnmojo.com/forum/778-the-archive/

-Z

Edited by _Zaarin_