Sith Holocron

Thought Experiment: A "lite" version of M4-78?

We've all seen what a version of M4-78 padded with side-quests and utilizing the full map looks like with the various versions over the years.  I was wondering to myself what a "lite" version of M4-78 might look like.  What would the essentials be?  Would it be the bare minimum of story - just so you can get that quick conversation with Vash so you could get back on the ship?  Or something else entirely?

TLDR: What would you want if someone were to make a shortened version of M4-78?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Interesting thought , my main essentials would have to be conversation with Vash  maybe a shortened re-activate M478 quest.    I always wondered when I worked on this  if it should have been a short extension to Korriban instead of using the entire set of modules. I think that's why I got burned out and probably why it's not getting any love currently.🤪 

• Thanks 1

It really depends how you'd want to handle it. In theory you could just plop your ship right in front of her hidey-hole and be done in three minutes flat, but what's the point of that?

In the interest of not making M4 feel like a waste of time and assets in this scenario, this is how I would propose it:

-Ditch the radiation issue entirely

-Keep the industrial zone and all assorted quests to get to the archon *in* but make them optional and give a different reward for reaching it. Bonus to FP, bonus to computers, a unique upgrade component, etc. This is mostly just in the interest of not wasting assets. Disregarding that angle, the industrial zone could get ditched entirely.

-Keep Kaah and the whole ordeal in the environmental zone. This is so that there's still some sort of story flow and sense of danger on this planet. Otherwise we'd have a friendly hallway to walk through for one conversation as the entirety of content.

-Have Vash give you four power cores, and just ditch the puzzle associated with them altogether.

Thanks for your input, @Bovolt!

I happen to have a number of the voice files saved on my computer- some of them in unfiltered versions.  Should I make these available to the public so folks can try their own filters on them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bovolt said:

I think it would be beneficial to make them available, yes.

These may or may not helpful to you but here they are nonetheless.  Sound files I've saved - some with and without filters, and some one way or the other.  If you need me to do mine, ask me after I'm settled.  (If you don't know what I mean by settled, read this blog.)

If you boil down M4-78 to the core it's Vash. Like all other planets it's all about reaching the Master. If you want to cut the fluff best would be to just pluck her straight at Korriban, maybe even in the "hidden tomb" removing the requirement and making it 100% required content. Done, no new modules needed too.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Lite - no.

Tight - yes. 

The current storyline is as loose as generic oatmeal at Grandma's. Or her stool afterwards. 

It is a decent story as it stands, right now. The execution needs polish and to be "tight". It is a loose ship full of holes now, one of the most frustrating experiences of gameplay I've had in a while.