Sign in to follow this  
Ashton Scorpius

MOD:TSL Better Male Twi'lek Heads

TSL Better Male Twi'lek Heads

This mod intends to address key issues with male Twi'lek heads in KOTOR II, most notably the addition of ear geometry.

Both the ear meshes and textures included in this mod are modified ports from SWTOR, meant to improve ear shape & texture quality. Additional improvements include better smoothing groups, non-clipping teeth, non-clipping eyelids, & recolored tongues.

There are two options for installation. Option A models feature "slim" necks, while Option B models retain unaltered "blubber" necks. I highly reccomend the first option as it fixes clipping with medium & heavy armor collars, but feel free to choose the second if you prefer that look. There are no other differences between the two.

Given the frequency of Twi'lek NPCs, this mod is a nice visual improvement & the addition of ear meshes adds consistency with other head models in the game.

There's also a KOTOR I version available here.

Installation & Uninstallation

To install this mod, drag the files from either the Option A folder or Option B folder to the Override folder located in your game's directory. Then, drag files from the Textures folder to the Override folder as well. If you're updating from an older version, make sure to delete any TGA and TXI files of the same names beforehand.

To uninstall this mod, delete the files from your game's Override folder. There's a list of files included in readme.txt for reference.

Compatibility & Known Issues

This mod will not be compatible with any retextures for Twi'lek male heads.

There are no known issues as of this current version.

Credits

Fred Tetra, Kotor Tool
bead-v, KOTORmax & MDLedit
ndix UR, tga2tpc
Autodesk, 3ds Max
The GIMP Team, GIMP
Darth Parametric, Upper teeth no-clip fix (K1)

Thanks to Darth Parametric, ebmar, & JCarter426 for assisting in identifying issues & troubleshooting during the making of this mod.

Major thanks to the KOTOR community for the passion & dedication that keeps these games alive.

Disclaimer

This mod is not supported by LucasArts, BioWare, or Obsidian Entertainment. It is for personal usage only & intends no copyright infringement. 

Contact me on DeadlyStream or via Discord (listed on my DS profile) if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or the like. 

If you want to use this mod as a part of an external work, you must recieve my permission. This mod should only be found on Deadly Stream, no user may upload it to another modding site.

• Like 1