Greetings, fellow Jedi! Happy New Year, and hope y'all having a good time. :cheers:

I need an assistance to solve this problem I'm having with newly added items to the game.

In my current playthrough I'm looking to have inyriforge's "The Real Vibroblade" installed. But instead of replacing the Vibroblades model and 2DA row like her default mod did; I intent to add a new row to the baseitems.2da, so the original model still available in the game and at the same time adds a new weapon to choose for. So far in my attempt, the weapon is functioning nicely and works as intended as seen below in the screenshot:

IF_SVblade_SS.thumb.jpg.30426960be4816a6c8c21eff68c69d54.jpg

But yes, the icon wasn't showed properly- and that's what I'm about to ask.

Below is a glimpse of view to the item's setup inside the baseitems.2da and on its UTI:

IF_SVblade_SS2.thumb.jpg.476f2d0cfd2558242b6d029512b3ea3e.jpg

I have tried with changing the 'defaulticon' value to almost anything but still the icon wasn't showed so, I think I'm stuck and is looking forwards to any constructive feedback I could have here.

I hope the information provided is enough for a troubleshooting, and many thanks for considering this! :cheers:

Edit: For additional information; the icon texture is labeled as iw_Vbldeshort_xxx, and they're in DDS format.

Edited by ebmar

28 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

What's the icon's filename?

Sorry for not providing this information earlier; taking sample from one of them, its icon's filename is iw_Vbldeshort_01.

Edit: It should have written iw_Vbldeshort_001 earlier- sorry!

6 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Try iw_Vbldeshort_xxx - e.g. iw_Vbldeshort_001

Apologize again! That's the filename I use, I forgot to add another 0 with the post. Still, using the iw_Vbldeshort_001 the icon won't show up. And that's what leads me to ask in the forum- as I believe naming the icon similar to the model [with an "i" added] usually works.

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

It should be the item class, not the model.

Thank you for the heads-up! Here's attached the modified mod for some troubleshooting. Looking forwards to a solution: [attachment_removed]

Edit:

...I think I have run into this issue before. It's possibly a save game issue. How are you adding it? Via KSE?

For the test, I'm adding it via console/'giveitem' cheat.

Edited by ebmar
Attachment removed to avoid redistribution violation

Your problem is that your itemclass value is too many characters. Your icon textures end up being 17 characters long, which exceeds the maximum allowed (16). Change your itemclass to something like "w_vbldeshrt" and your icon filenames to match, like "iw_vbldeshrt_001" and it works:

K1_Short_Vibroblade_01_TH.jpg          K1_Short_Vibroblade_02_TH.jpg

Additionally, your UTI filenames do not match your ResRefs. Change the filenames to all lower case to properly match. And I would recommend not using DDS for icons, as KSE can't load them, which causes an error. Stick with TGA or TPC.

And unless you have permission to redistribute IF's content, I would advise you to remove the archive from your post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Your problem is that your itemclass value is too many characters. Your icon textures end up being 17 characters long, which exceeds the maximum allowed (16). Change your itemclass to something like "w_vbldeshrt" and your icon filenames to match, like "iw_vbldeshrt_001" and it works...

...Additionally, your UTI filenames do not match your ResRefs. Change the filenames to all lower case to properly match. And I would recommend not using DDS for icons, as KSE can't load them, which causes an error. Stick with TGA or TPC.

Many thanks for the promising feedback! I'm going to work on it. At a point I believe someone [I think it's FS] have mentioned about characters limitation, but I'm not having a slightest thought to take it into consideration while experimenting with this. Again, thank you for the details- them gonna helps for a long run! :cheers:

And unless you have permission to redistribute IF's content, I would advise you to remove the archive from your post.

Appreciate the advice! Yeah, I don't have IF's permission to redistribute the content in any circumstances [which I thought troubleshooting could be an exception]. I've proceed accordingly with removing the attachment.