Sign in to follow this  
Arctrooper209

MOD:Sith Armory

Sith Armory

From the first time I played KOTOR I’ve loved the Sith armor. Unfortunately, the Sith disguise you get in the game isn’t very good stats wise and you can’t keep it without cheats. For my second playthrough I decided to make my own set. Which then got me started on modifying the Sith weapons and its now become an entire armory.

First, I would recommend using A Future Pilot’s “Sith Soldier Texture Restoration” as the item description for the Sith Elite Armor is tailored for a game where the chrome Sith armor is relatively rare. I also think it is just a good mod that stylistically makes more sense. However, it will still work if you don’t use his mod; you’ll just have three armors that are chrome instead of just one. Mod Link: https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1289-sith-soldier-texture-restoration/

All the items are upgradeable.  I tried to strike a balance when creating the stats, so while they aren’t the best you can obtain in the game, they are in the high-end. I have also given lore descriptions for everything, if anybody cares about that sort of thing.

As of version 2.0, you can now find all the items in-game. The specific locations are stated in the Readme. I have also modified the Manaan Sith Base. Commander Grann now is force sensitive and wears the Elite armor. The room past the water chambers now contains the Sith Ambassador and two Praetorian bodyguards (both of whom are dark Jedi). There is also a Lite version for those who don’t want the enemies modified, though this will not allow you to find the Elite and Praetorian Armors until Leviathan.

WARNING: There is a visual bug where, while wearing the armor, the game will change your appearance so that even if you take it off, you will still appear to be in the armor. This is a bug that occurs with all items with the "Disguise" property and it is unknown exactly what causes it.  If this occurs and you want to fix it: unequip the armor, download the SaveGame Editor, and change your appearance back to what it was before.

Sith Sniper Rifle (g_w_blstrrfl002)

Base Damage: Energy 1d8

Enhancement Bonus +1

Scope: Sniper Shot

Beam Splitter: +1 Piercing Damage

Improved Energy Cell: +1 Energy Damage

Hair Trigger: +1 Attack

Sith Assault Gun (g_w_blstrcrbn002)

Enhancement Bonus +1

+1 Piercing Damage

Scope: +1 Attack

Beam Splitter: +1 Energy Damage, +1 Massive Criticals

Improved Energy Cell: +1 Energy Damage, +1 Piercing Damage

Hair Trigger: Improved Rapid Fire

Modified Assault Gun (sithcrbn)

+1 Piercing Damage

+8 Energy Damage

-3 Attack

Bonus Feat: Rapid Fire

Bonus Feat: Power Blast

Beam Splitter: -4 Energy Damage, +2 Attack

Improved Energy Cell: -4 Energy Damage, +2 Attack

Sith Armor (ptar_sitharmor1)

Defense Bonus: 5

Max Dexterity Bonus: +4

Armor Reinforcement: +1 Defense

Mesh Underlay: Resist 5/- Fire and Cold

Sith Praetorian Armor (ptar_sitharmor2)

Defense Bonus: 6

10% Energy Immunity

Armor Reinforcement: +1 Defense, 25% Energy Immunity

Mesh Underlay: Resist 5/- Fire, Cold, and Electricity, 1 Regeneration

Sith Elite Armor (ptar_sitharmor3)

10% Energy Immunity

Sith Marine Armor  (ptar_sitharmor4)

-Uses same model as Sith Armor. For those using the retexture mod I thought I’d give a version of the white armor that was as powerful as the other colors.

10% Energy Immunity

Congratulations on your first release!

I have a question though, did you only tinker with this file "backpack001.utp" and when someone installs your mod they put that in the override?

That will cause any file named " backpack001.utp" which is  a common tag and several modules (maps) have that tag, but have different things inside them. Because modules are all tightly packed up they can do this, but the OVERIDE folder overrides most files and will cause any module that uses backpack001.utp will then have the same inventory and be cloned all over the game.

I once installed a mod that did this and had every footlocker i opened give me 100 credits and about 150 credits worth of sellable junk, I got rich fast, but it was sad to rarely get loot. I uninstalled that file after Taris, but still the memory remains. 

Additionally, do the Sith ever use these weapons against the players? Or are these items added to the game, instead of modifying existing weapons to be stronger?

• Light Side Points 2

Ah, dang, didn't know about the backpack. I just checked to see if it worked in that instance, not other backpacks. I'll get rid of that.

As for the weapons, my mod overwrites the "Sith Sniper Rifle" and "Sith Assault Gun". I believe the only gun in this mod that the enemies use in the game is the Assault Gun but, because I didn't add to the base stats, only the ability to upgrade it, it won't change anything. Unless enemies suddenly learn how to use a workbench.

34 minutes ago, Arctrooper209 said:

Ah, dang, didn't know about the backpack. I just checked to see if it worked in that instance, not other backpacks. I'll get rid of that.

As for the weapons, my mod overwrites the "Sith Sniper Rifle" and "Sith Assault Gun". I believe the only gun in this mod that the enemies use in the game is the Assault Gun but, because I didn't add to the base stats, only the ability to upgrade it, it won't change anything. Unless enemies suddenly learn how to use a workbench.

You don't have to get rid of it. You just need to put the .utp file into the corresponding module, i.e. .mod file instead of in the override.

Yeah, or we could help you make a small script that would spawn those items in that backpack. 

@kexikus Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless there is a .mod (which only modders make) then that won't work; therefore, he'd have to rely on k1r or another mod. Or he'd have to recreate the entire module file and make it into a .mod file increasing the likelyhood of incompatibility with other mods, perhaps k1r depending upon how k1r tslpatcher was set up. 

I think the easier route and less likely to cause incompatibilities would be to use a script firing in that dialogue. Even that could be problematic if k1r mods that .dlg file. 

On a side note, @Arctrooper209 you could put some of the items in this scene, but also some of the items on the Leviathan,, for balance of items' sake and lore friendly. Manaan Sith base would be an interesting idea as well. Just some thoughts for you to consider. 

4 hours ago, Arctrooper209 said:

Okay, that makes sense, just curious. 

25 minutes ago, jc2 said:

@kexikus Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless there is a .mod (which only modders make) then that won't work; therefore, he'd have to rely on k1r or another mod. Or he'd have to recreate the entire module file and make it into a .mod file increasing the likelyhood of incompatibility with other mods, perhaps k1r depending upon how k1r tslpatcher was set up.

Will do ;)

Making a .mod file is really easy. Just extract the .rim and _s.rim into the same folder, grab ERFEdit and put all those files into a .mod. You can then set up TSLPatcher to copy that .mod into the Override unless the file already exists. In both cases TSLPatcher would then edit or put the .utp in the .mod depending on how it's set up.

This is exactly what TSLPatcher is for: Avoiding compability issues by patching files instead of replacing them.

As a final note: The .mod you provide for TSLPatcher should contain only vanilla files. TSLPatcher will add or edit the file afterwards.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointers. This weekend's gonna be really busy for me but maybe in the next week I will look at messing with the other files and using the patcher.

6 hours ago, jc2 said:

On a side note, @Arctrooper209 you could put some of the items in this scene, but also some of the items on the Leviathan,, for balance of items' sake and lore friendly. Manaan Sith base would be an interesting idea as well. Just some thoughts for you to consider.

Yes, I've thought about putting the other items in different places. We'll see how much effort I actually want to put in, haha.

I've updated my mod so you can find the items in-game! It appears that I actually am willing to put that amount of effort in. Bit more than an armory now with the changes to Manaan but couldn't resist playing with the editors and making things more interesting. I've tested it several times so it should hopefully go better than the first time I tried to add them in-game.

Edited by Arctrooper209
  • Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1