Salk

[KotOR] Flirt animation (Male)

Hello!

For the first time I am playing through the game with a female character and now on Tatooine I got the misfortune of witnessing the Flirt animation (Tanis at the Hunter's Lodge) and I was quite appalled since it consists in an awful loop of a neck tic.

Is this particular animation any better in TSL?

Would it be possible to import it, in that case?

Cheers!

EDIT: I suppose a huge improvement would be making that animation not a loop but only run once (which is what the FIREFORGET ones do, if I am not mistaken). Would it be possible to change it from LOOPING to FIREANDFORGET?

My temporary workaround (in case nothing better is possible) is to remove the FLIRT animation from inside the .DLG and run the following script instead:

void main(){
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF, ActionPlayAnimation(14, 0.6, 1.8));
}

The improvement is obvious but I would have to go through each .DLG file and search for possible FLIRT animations to be replaced.

I'd rather completely replace the looping flirt animation for males with this one.

If anyone has suggestions/ideas, please let me know.

Cheers!

You can change it from a looping to a fireforget animation in dialoganimations.2da. But this means the animation will freeze after it plays until the end of the node. The mouth still moves but if the node is a bit longer, it looks kind of weird. Up to you to decide which option is worse :P

• Like 1

Hello bead-v!

Thanks for the suggestion. The frozen animation is actually worse, if possible, so I fear that alternative is not going to be so desirable... :P 

But maybe it is possible to remove the Flirt animation entirely from the male models?

JC has removed an animation from the Sith uniform model in his JC's Minor Fixes for K1.

Cheers! 

There's no way to remove it without creating similar freezing issues. You could try setting it to fire and forget in animations.2da as well, but it's likely the only way to fix it is to fix the animation. I remember that one being particularly bad from the last time I played. It's only a second long and looks more like a spasm. I don't remember if it's used in K2 at all, but I loaded up the supermodel and it doesn't look any better there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, JC!

Removing it is not an option... Would it be possible then to just duplicate the normal talk animation (5)? Of course this would have to apply only to the Male models because the looping flirt animation for female is much more tolerable.

Anyway, this is a link to a brief video showing how awful the original animation is: https://vimeo.com/user90822914/review/296146875/2b2537619f

And here is my workaround, which is far from being ideal, but that I would use in lack of better: https://vimeo.com/user90822914/review/296146988/80ffbd26ce

Cheers!