DarthParametric

MOD:Endar Spire Hull Repairs

Endar Spire Hull Repairs

Start as you mean to go on. For KOTOR, that apparently means leave lots of holes in your level geometry. This mod plugs some gaps in the hull of the Endar Spire, and fixes a few UV issues.

N.B. - THIS MOD IS NOW SUPERSEDED BY THE K1 COMMUNITY PATCH. DO NOT USE THIS MOD IF YOU ARE USING K1CP. IT ALREADY INCORPORATES ALL THESE FIXES, AND MORE BESIDES.

Fixes:

• Plugs two strips that run along either side of the dead-end corridor on the Command Deck that are open to space. These are hard to see, but noticeable just above the windows in this section. Additionally, an alteration to the model's hierarchy was made so that the light strips now correctly animate.
  • Removes an extraneous strip of mesh that was causing z-fighting issues (i.e. flickering) in the central corridor where the Jedi vs Sith fight occurs.
  • Plugs two gaps in the room just before the escape pods in the Starboard Section. Additionally adjusts the lightmap UVs to remove a light bloom that occurred during baking due to the offset geometry.
  • Fills some holes in the forked section of corridor in the Starboard Section just before the escape pod room. Also fixes some flipped UVs causing inverted wall trim textures in this area.
  • Corrects some misaligned polys in an inset panel in the end wall of the escape pod room in the Starboard Section. Also adjusts the lightmap UVs of said polys to correct their baked lighting.
  • Fixes some UVs causing inverted wall panel textures in a couple of corridor sections on both the Command Deck and Starboard Section.

Installation:

• Simply copy the model files across to your Override folder

Acknowledgements:

• Thanks to @JCarter426 for initially hunting down these holes and pointing them out to me
  • Thanks to @ebmar for finding a number of additional issues
  • Thanks to @bead-v for KOTORMax and MDLEdit

Greetings, DarthParametric!

The latest fixes to m01ab_09a included with the mod went a success:

Spoiler

113075523_ESInvertedPanels2Success.thumb.png.aad992fa506158d5f06211ad6840f1ed.png

Awesome; thank you for the latest fixes and updates!

Also, here to report that there are some gaps-and-cracks inside some model that is worth consider, as seen in the screenshot below:

• m01ab_09a [yes, the same model with the last fixes actually had tons of gaps inside. Most noticeably in the left-entrance as soon as we enter the area]
    Spoiler

ESPanelsGap.thumb.png.2e8182c486bc16b28ccb82efcb810c35.png

• m01ab_12a [escape pods area]

Spoiler

ESPanelsGap3.png.15ba9cd3811dfe73058d9f7e7684fecc.png

They are merely samples of more gaps-and-cracks that was found inside this broken ship. Although I'm not really sure were they intended or not by the devs in the first place. 🤔

Like- yes it's a sinking ship, but only by using broken doors, smoke effects, blast marks, and some emitters would be sufficient, the way I see it.

Many thanks for considering this. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar

No, none of these were intended. I also spotted more inverted UVs too, as well as some horizontal scaling issues I'm not sure I want to mess with. I'll add them when I get the chance.

Edit: Mod updated with fixes. By the way, you can see some intentional gaps between wall panels in the two rooms prior to the escape pod room.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, DarthParametric said:

....some horizontal scaling issues I'm not sure I want to mess with.

Is this an example of horizontal scaling issues you've just mentioned?

Spoiler

HorizontalGap.png.24c56335799d109b604c5ea1af9c2abd.png

Edit: Mod updated with fixes.

Awesome! Thanks again for the quick fixes and updates, DP! :cheers:

Here are the results:

Spoiler

DPGapFixSuccess.thumb.png.bb496b2bc589ddae43de052fde7caf34.png

By the way, you can see some intentional gaps between wall panels in the two rooms prior to the escape pod room.

Yeah, I think I have seen some. At the first glance I thought it was a failure, but after some inspection it does seem intentional. Actually, at the first sight it does looks intentional aesthetically-functionally, but the more being critical looking at it it starts looking like a failure lol- when in fact it's not. Quite have learned the differences between aesthetic gaps with oversight gaps from this hunt-down attempt kind of.

Edited by ebmar

4 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Is this an example of horizontal scaling issues you have mentioned?

No, it's in the trim section along the top of the walls. You can see in most cases that the trim's square blocks align with the blocks in the lower part of the walls, like this:

K1_Endar_Spire_Wall_Panel_Trim_Stretchin

But in some places, notably around bends, the trim blocks stretch wider, like this:

K1_Endar_Spire_Wall_Panel_Trim_Stretchin

I could try and mess around with the horizontal scaling to bring it back to 1:1, but it's probably not worth the effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1