(Feel free to add more)

Some of the lesser known things about KOTOR2. Did you know about all these?

* There are plenty of lines for Kreia in the Dxun Tomb, Atton on Onderon, and Mira could help you fix the speeder bike on Nar Shaddaa, and has a few lines with Vossk (who is removed after the main plot). None can be triggered due to not being able to have said teammates there (None restored by TSLRCM)

* During the smuggling quest if you need to steal the shield you can ask the controller about the shield. (TSLRCM restored)

* If you follow the Czerka line on Telos after delivering the droid you can start the Corrun Falt sidequest by talking to him. (TSLRCM restored)

* If you follow the Ithorians instead of bribing him you can follow him home, then kill him to learn about B-4D4. (Main TSL)

* When being B-4D4 try talking to everyone on Telos. You can extort Chano, ask the welcoming droid in the docks for bribes and much much more. (Main TSL)

* Most side-quests on Telos can no longer be started or completed once you visited the surface, unless you use TSLRCM 1.7 (or higher).

* If you break the rules while fighting Handmaiden there is a whole convo about telling her there are no rules in war, which can gain alignment points and influence. (Main TSL)

* There is an alternative "Lesson of Strength" from Kreia that's not STR and CON. This alternative REAL lesson gives other boosts, more XP and more INF from Kreia. (Main TSL)

* You can escape the Taku'ta training room in the Sith Academy by using the console and giving the wrong answers, so without fighting... (Main TSL)

* If you take Hanharr to Onderon he gives you an overview of the planet. (Main TSL, although VO-less without TSLRCM)

* You can win the final fight with Visas (training) by breaking the rules and explaining Kreia why you did. (TSLRCM)

* If you lower Atton's influence a lot and raise Disciple's to max you get a few EBO-scenes few people see. (Main TSL) Also, the Atton-Disciple scene on Malachor (TSRLCM).

* There are alternative lines for Atton and Handmaiden with GameCompleted=3 in your swkotor2.ini. Also an easter egg Nihilus main menu that fails to trigger in regular TSL but hopefully will appear in TSLRCM 1.8. (Main TSL)

* If you take HK or T3 to Goto's Yacht you can get permanent +1 to Dex for them. (Main TSL- Although bugged without TSLRCM)

* You can get the second group of bounty hunters to back off on Onderon if you have Goto in your team. Of course they have a Visa, but you can still attack them for DS points. (Main TSL)

Guest staticjoe66
Some of the lesser known things about KOTOR2. Did you know about all these?

No... :unsure:

* During the smuggling quest if you need to steal the shield you can ask the controller about the shield. (TSLRCM restored)

* If you follow the Czerka line on Telos after delivering the droid you can start the Corrun Falt sidequest by talking to him. (TSLRCM restored)

Yes, because I've done them

* There is an alternative "Lesson of Strength" from Kreia that's not STR and CON. This alternative REAL lesson gives other boosts, more XP and more INF from Kreia. (Main TSL)

Got this one too

* If you lower Atton's influence a lot and raise Disciple's to max you get a few EBO-scenes few people see. (Main TSL) Also, the Atton-Disciple scene on Malachor (TSRLCM).

I vaguely recall seeing a thread about this...can't remember where though... :D

Most of this I had no idea of/about as I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own...which is why I come to sites likes this...

Guest HaVoKeR

If you are under the effect of force speed, you can use power atack and immediately comand your character to run away, if you time it correctly, your opponent will never hit you, unless of course, he use a blaster/force power. (can be done with force jump).

You don't need to use stims, shields, or switch weapons in battle, just pause the game for the switch or use your inventory screen for shields/stims.

You can throw grenades and run away from your enemy, if you are in minimum distance of shooting and then get a nice distance from him (force speed), he wont notice you at all.

Tough fight? always have demolitions/lots of deadly plasma mines with you, cause enemies ALWAYS, i mean ALWAYS "sit on the HE" over them.

Also, dont forget saving before the swoop races, pazaak games, circle fights... =p HAPPY GAMING.

You guys are probably thinking now: DAMM HAVOKER IS SO CHEAP... thats because you never played TSL with UBM. ^.-

Guest staticjoe66

You don't need to use stims, shields, or switch weapons in battle, just pause the game for the switch or use your inventory screen for shields/stims.

Also, dont forget saving before the swoop races, pazaak games, circle fights...

Excellent advice HaVoKeR and I've also gotten into the habit of quick saving before taking to party members especially Kreia and Visas and battles such as the zakkeg and the battle circle on Dxun, NPC INF points too

I vaguely recall seeing a thread about this...can't remember where though... ;)

:unsure:

Don't forget about the fight between Visas and Handmaiden!

Tough fight? always have demolitions/lots of deadly plasma mines with you, cause enemies ALWAYS, i mean ALWAYS "sit on the HE" over them.

There's only one fight I like using mines with, which is the fight with Vrook when I play DS. It's nice seeing that pompous jerk explode. :D

Tough Any fight? always have demolitions/lots of deadly plasma mines with you, cause enemies ALWAYS, i mean ALWAYS "sit on the HE" over them.

Stealth + Mines = Tons of Fun! :)

Guest staticjoe66
Don't forget about the fight between Visas and Handmaiden!

Working on that one as we speak--just landed on Dantooine...I can't wait to join up with Azkul--it's worth it just to hear Brianna fuss, to say nothing about that BIG INF loss... :) (I used him cuz I know he's your fave ;) )

There's only one fight I like using mines with, which is the fight with Vrook when I play DS. It's nice seeing that pompous jerk explode.

Before I started modding my game what I would do is go to Dxun before fighting Vrook, level up and get my prestige class then go back and throw him a beatdown--he is a pompous jerk although it's a toss up whom I enjoy killing more...Vrook or the coward Zez...

Guest JediExile

(Feel free to add more)Some of the lesser known things about KOTOR2. Did you know about all these?

Nope! I didn't know about any of these. :)

Workin on that one as we speak--just landed on Dantooine...I can't wait to join up with Azkul--it's worth it just to hear Brianna fuss, to say nothing about that BIG INF loss... :) (I used him cuz I know he's your fave :D )

:( He certainly is...

Before I started modding my game what I would do is go to Dxun before fighting Vrook, level up and get my prestige class then go back and throw him a beatdown--he is a pompous jerk although it's a toss up whom I enjoy killing more...Vrook or the coward Zez...

Dantooine was the first planet I went to the first time I played DS and the battle with Vrook surprised me. After trying several times and losing in hand-to-hand combat, I found out that hiding behind those planters with trees in them caused Vrook not to see you. So I planted some mines behind a planter while Vrook stood around looking like an idiot and then came out and got him to chase me right into the mines. It was pretty glorious.

Zez's earrings always distract me in conversations.

Guest staticjoe66

The walkthrough on gamefaqs I used to follow recommended going to Dantooine first because between the Kinrath Cave and the Enclave Ruins you could finish building then pimp your saber. Throw in the swag you get if you fudge the salvager's will--which I always do even LS--and Dantooine is a pretty good first planet to visit when playing an unmodded game. Some people say to go to Nar Shaddaa first as that's the best planet for building your lightsaber especially if you break into Vogga's warehouse...not sure I agree with that although Zez is the easiest of the Jedi Masters to kill.

DS Vrook is a royal pain if Dantooine is your first planet--hiding behind the planters works like a charm. What I used to do is heal up, reactivate my energy shield and resistance then creep out--as soon as I had line of sight I'd blast him with Force Lightning, that was FUN! :w00t:

That's right, but before the game was released, you could choose Kreia to go to Dxun with you, but it was finally removed from the game due to the contradictory fact that she was needed on Onderon to tell Tobin about the academy on Telos - which is also strange, considering she only does so when you side with the queen.

I suppose we could change it so it's only required if you side with the queen, and can take her if you join Vaklu.

Though I am not sure if that would fit the scope of a restoration mod, or I should rather make it a seperate mod...

That's similar to the dialogue with Zaalbar in the Shadowlands found for K1R (as Zaalbar can't normally be in the Shadowlands).

Depends on the location.

You can do the Star Forge section with Zaalbar in your team.

You can also complete the planet without ever completing Zaalbar's quest, leaving him there.

I suppose we could change it so it's only required if you side with the queen, and can take her if you join Vaklu.

Though I am not sure if that would fit the scope of a restoration mod, or I should rather make it a seperate mod...

Come to think of it, I don't think it would make sense because even when you side with Vaklu, it is explicitly stated by Tobin on the Ravager later in the game that it is Kreia who lets on the whereabouts of the academy, which still requires her to be on Onderon despite the fact that we can't see her tell Tobin about it in a seperate cutscene.

What I don't understand is why it is shown when you support the queen and why it isn't when you don't. Though it is more of a wtf moment for the first time when you get to know about it on the Ravager, not having seen it after winning the war.

Yeah.

I was planning to check if there was a Vaklu variation. If it is, adding that for 1.8 (and the Nihilus/Tobin cutscene for such players). Since it's a pretty vital clue to the story.

Did you know...

Originally you were suppposed to be able to kill Adana on Nar Shaddaa. Probably too ruthless, killing children, for even a Sith Lord.

Not that much content remains... just a line from nadaa and 2 from random walking people.

I think they didn't ship Adana's line that was to be used on the PC disk... the only one that isn't in (14) says "what" and what's supposed to follow (15) is missing :/

Also Keh'Vehn (who sells you the info that you can loot the exchange) was supposed to have a chat with Bao-Dur... but only Bao-Dur's side remained, not Kehven's side... (also supposed to be a Serocco guy, not refugee from the dialogue)

EDIT: Hmmm, did find it just now in the .tlk... and since he's an alien. Hmmm....

I would want to know too... *hint hint*

(also all stuff from x-box someway would be nice... I would want to scrounge it... though I wonder if that's possible)

I would want to know too... *hint hint*

(also all stuff from x-box someway would be nice... I would want to scrounge it... though I wonder if that's possible)

I think VP knows how. Time for a tutorial?

I've come to find out that (at least the platinum hits version) doesn't really have more content-wise than the PC US version, alithough I know there are some differences between the xbox and PC versions (for instance, the camera in Atton's forcecage never clipped through the forcefield)

But really it's a matter of finding the original non-platinum hits game disc and then checking it out. Last one I remember seeing was at Half-Price Books for $20, and I didn't want it THAT much at the time.

Got the original game disc headed my way (Thank you, Amazon). We'll find out once and for all what exactly is on the fabled disc.

My figure is that I'll check for a few things like Lt. Yima's dialog, "Bao-Dur's make my sacrifice matter" line, and if present, I'll think of some way to upload the files (the important ones).