Dogeness101

Anakin Skywalker Mod Port

I was wondering if anyone had the knowledge or expertise to port this mod orginally created by DeadMan titled 'Ep. 3 Anakin Skywalker ALPHA-2' for TSL, to the original KOTOR.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/94-ep-3-anakin-skywalker/

Any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. I tried to port it myself for personal use but I came up empty handed as I'm no modding expert or anything. 

Unless that head was custom made "porting" it wouldn't be allowed. I'm guessing someone could modify one of the existing head models (Preferably PMCH04) to make it look more like Anakin and retexture it.

However, there is already a pretty good one on Nexusmods called "Almost Anakin" (Can an Admin please tell me whether or not it is acceptable in this case to link a Nexusmod?)

I can confirm that the model and textures are completely custom made by the author.

Also, these are the conditions of use as stated by the author.

"Conditions of use:
- You are free to use this mod for your own personal use.
- You can upload this mod to any sites without my permission.
- Like I said above, it's more a modding resourse (resource) to me, so you may freely modify and use this model in your own mods, as long as you give proper credit to me."

-Taken from ModDB

Thank you for your recommendation of the 'Almost Anakin' mod and while it is similar, sadly, it is not of the quality this mod specifically is. 

I was wondering if anyone had the knowledge or expertise to port this mod orginally created by DeadMan titled 'Ep. 3 Anakin Skywalker ALPHA-2' for TSL, to the original KOTOR.

This may be a crazy question but . . . have you asked DeadMan to do it?  He's on this site.  Utilize your PMs.

• Like 3

The head model I used as base for him (PFHC05) is present in K1 (PFHB02, I believe), so it won't be a porting issue. Textures were made from scratch.

If anybody is willing to apply my changes to K1 model (edit neck geometry to match with male body, edit UVW map so it won't mirror face texture, maybe other minor geometry edits, can't remember for sure), or just convert my edited model to K1 - be my guest. I can't do it myself - I'm completely off-modding these days.

• Like 1

Its awesome to have some direction on how to do this, but I find myself stumped at where to even start. If there is anyone out there who would like to see this mod ported as much as I any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

O

Its awesome to have some direction on how to do this, but I find myself stumped at where to even start. If there is anyone out there who would like to see this mod ported as much as I any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have some bad news... Anakin's head model is actually a female head. PFHC05 to be exact.

And the textures.... They look original enough.

This means what exactly?

I managed to import the mdl and mdx to KOTOR by setting them to override PMHC04, however, applying the textures crashes the game.

I managed to import the mdl and mdx to KOTOR by setting them to override PMHC04, however, applying the textures crashes the game.

Kotor and Kotor 2 uses a different format, just moving TSL files into K1 will cause a crash. You'd need to convert the models though I wouldn't know how to do that.

I have some bad news... Anakin's head model is actually a female head. PFHC05 to be exact.

This means what exactly?

The head (In order to work with a male body) needs to be edited because a female head on a male body will cause it to move around retardedly cause it isn't designed for a male body model.

And the textures.... They look original enough.

Anakins textures are custom made thus no porting but you cannot use the excuse "They look original enough" to get away with porting. Porting is still porting and an excuse like that won't get you out of a ban if you are caught.

• Like 1

Kotor and Kotor 2 uses a different format, just moving TSL files into K1 will cause a crash. You'd need to convert the models though I wouldn't know how to do that.

The head (In order to work with a male body) needs to be edited because a female head on a male body will cause it to move around retardedly cause it isn't designed for a male body model.

Anakins textures are custom made thus no porting but you cannot use the excuse "They look original enough" to get away with porting. Porting is still porting and an excuse like that won't get you out of a ban if you are caught.

I said it as in "If you make a new head, they can be used."

I did infact port the mdl using MDLOPS, but without the textures its simply an invisible head. 

bhaOAbx.png

Textures are in the same format in both games. You can safely use them.

I see, however, when I place the mods textures into the override under 'PMHC04...' etc, it causes the game to crash. 

I see, however, when I place the mods textures into the override under 'PMHC04...' etc, it causes the game to crash. 

Well, you see, the problems it THAT KotOR 2 has a different "collection" of heads than KotOR 1.

However, please DON'T use the KotOR 2 model! It would create a lot of problems for you.

• Like 1

That's the model doing that, notice without the textures it causes an invisible head.

However, please DON'T use the KotOR 2 model! It would create a lot of problems for you.

That's why it needs to be converted to a K1 format so it doesn't cause problems.

Well, you see, the problems it THAT KotOR 2 has a different "collection" of heads than KotOR 1.

• Like 1

That's why it needs to be converted to a K1 format so it doesn't cause problems.

Well I did convert it using MDLOPS yet problems persist. Am I missing something? How could I possibly make the textures compatible with this converted mdl?

Edit: I tried editing heads.2da so that pmhc04 would use pfhb02* textures, alas, no results.

Guys, porting is NO issue in this case. I repeat:

The head model I used as base for him (PFHC05) is present in K1 (PFHB02, I believe), so it won't be a porting issue. Textures were made from scratch.

• Like 3

Guys, porting is NO issue in this case. I repeat:

Well, assuming I've correctly converted the format which I'm almost certain I have, what could be causing the game to crash when a texture is applied to the model?

To update quickly, I just attempted to apply the alternate textures of which were included with the original modification and the game didn't crash! However, it resulted in the same result as having no textures at all.

The model has a number of issues. I haven't fixed the geometry issues, like the mouth corner shading issues, hard seams, positional offsets, etc., but this should get you up and running at least:

K1_Deadman_Anakin_01_TH.jpg K1_Deadman_Anakin_02_TH.jpg

Edit: Updated, see next page.

• Like 4

Thank you! Looks great of course, but how did you do it? And as embarrassing as this is to ask, how do even install it?

Edit:

Nevermind, I got it going! I'll get to work on patching it up and post it upon completetion. Once again, thank you.

Thank you! Looks great of course, but how did you do it? And as embarrassing as this is to ask, how do even install it?

Rename the "dm_AnakinH.mdx" and "dm_AnakinH.mdl" to something like "PMHC04.mdx" and "PMHC04.mdl" to replace mullet man's head with this model and rename the Anakin textures you have into PHMC04.tga (I hope it's called PMHC04)

how did you do it?

Decompiled it, sorted out some of the issues (wrong supermodel, wrong AuroraBase name, wrong texture name), recompiled for K1.

And as embarrassing as this is to ask, how do even install it?

You posted a pic in character creation, so I assumed you had sorted out the 2DA side of things. I can whip up an installer if you need it.

The model has a number of issues. I haven't fixed the geometry issues, like the mouth corner shading issues, hard seams, positional offsets, etc., but this should get you up and running at least:

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/k1/%5BK1%5D_DeadMan_Ep3_Anakin_Skywalker.7z

If you do get those aforementioned issues corrected, please upload the finished product to DS? Thanks!

To install it I simply put the mdl and mdx into the Override using the name 'PMHC04', but copied the textures using their original names and that seems to do the trick. No installer necessary.