ApanLoon

Apan Loon joined the forum

Hi, I am interested in the tools used for modding KotOR. I consider myself to be a decent programmer and hope that I can find a way to be useful to this community.

• Like 2

Actually, both. :-)

I used older versions of these tools years ago but now I have a new pet project for which I would like to use the up-to-date and beyond versions of the tools. If there is anything I can do to help improve the tools, I would be happy to try.

• Like 1

That depends on what is still needed. I don't have any specific plans for anything. I do know that the current version of mdlops and kotorblender doesn't exactly do what I want them to so I started talking with Purifier about the latter. I will take it from there and we will see. If anyone has suggestions, I am open to them.

I don't exactly know who currently maintains the tools and how contributing to them works, but I would like to know.

That depends on what is still needed. I don't have any specific plans for anything. I do know that the current version of mdlops and kotorblender doesn't exactly do what I want them to so I started talking with Purifier about the latter. I will take it from there and we will see. If anyone has suggestions, I am open to them.

I don't exactly know who currently maintains the tools and how contributing to them works, but I would like to know.

You'll have to speak to Fairstrides as he's modified a few tools before. 

Whilst I have no knowledge on this subject I always get excited when a programmer wants to add more utilities / functions to the tools at our disposal. I wish you the best of luck and welcome to Deadlystream! 

• Like 1

Welcome to Deadly Stream :)

I think someone is already Working on new mdl tools, so You might Want to speak with those People before starting. Not Sure who these People are though...^^