index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1017

File Name: KotOR_Ultimate_2_0_Taris_Upper_City

File Submitter: thunder3

File Submitted: 10 Feb 2017

File Category: Mods

K1R Compatible: Yes

**** KotOR - Ultimate 2.0 - Taris Uppcer City ****
**** Texture pack

This is the second texture-pack of the "new" KotOR - Ultimate 2.0.

This pack consists of completely new textures made for Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic to improve it´s overall graphics.

All textures are created by Thunder3( me ).

This texture-pack only includes textures for the Upper City part of Taris not the Lower City or the Underground part. The Sith base is also not included. This textures will be covered
in later releases.

If you find any bugs please report them to me on either deadlystream.com or moddb.com

**** Installation instructions ****
1. Copy the folder "override" from this archive to your SWKotOR installation folder. ( there should already be a override folder, if not, then there´s one now! :D )
2. Enjoy! that´s all!!
3. In order to get the same look like in the screenshots, than follow instructions below to install "Reshade 3 - By Crosire" and my configuration file included in this archive.

Click here to download this file

Love it, apart from one thing- why DDS? It makes eliminating the files from any other reskin tedious. 

Oh and those large blue doors still look atrocious IMO, everything else is exceptional. 

Love it, apart from one thing- why DDS? It makes eliminating the files from any other reskin tedious. 

Oh and those large blue doors still look atrocious IMO, everything else is exceptional. 

It´s dds because of 2GB uncompressed TGA Vs. ca. 700MB compressed DDS.

Oh and yeah, might have said that some doors are not included yet and will follow with a future update..

DDS is nice, saves space.. until you want to edit or even look at a texture outside of the game. an optional .tga download would be cool. thanks for the work put into this mod, looking great.

It´s dds because of 2GB uncompressed TGA Vs. ca. 700MB compressed DDS.

Oh and yeah, might have said that some doors are not included yet and will follow with a future update..

Interesting, do you know of a program that can view dds files because I must admit parts of your reskin I'm not too fussed on either is the shiny reflective floors and other things here and there. 

Interesting, do you know of a program that can view dds files because I must admit parts of your reskin I'm not too fussed on either is the shiny reflective floors and other things here and there. 

Photoshop can ( at least theoreticaly ) open edit and save dds files if you have nvidea texture tools installed. But ( as usual ) Kotor comes with itß´s very own file format when it comes to textures. I compress the tgas to dds with a special bioware dds compression tool, so i´m sorry to admit this, but you wont be able to edit these files until i upload the tgas as a seperate download. But I can´t upload it here on deadlystream as I am restricted here to about 900mb upload size I think, and as I mentioned already, the whole Taris Uppercity pack is about 2Gb, yeah I know that´s a massive bunch of textures for just one Part of the game, but I scaled almost every texture up to 4k and every tga than consumes 64Mb....

Photoshop can ( at least theoreticaly ) open edit and save dds files if you have nvidea texture tools installed. But ( as usual ) Kotor comes with itß´s very own file format when it comes to textures. I compress the tgas to dds with a special bioware dds compression tool, so i´m sorry to admit this, but you wont be able to edit these files until i upload the tgas as a seperate download. But I can´t upload it here on deadlystream as I am restricted here to about 900mb upload size I think, and as I mentioned already, the whole Taris Uppercity pack is about 2Gb, yeah I know that´s a massive bunch of textures for just one Part of the game, but I scaled almost every texture up to 4k and every tga than consumes 64Mb....

Thanks for the info, think I'll just wait for the reskin of the planet to be completed before I use this then. 

I dunno why I posted this request in the reviews part, but I'm gonna put it here where it belongs.

Could we get some screenshots of it without using reshade? Reshade crashes my KotOR.

You Can upload The 2 GB in seperate Files on The Same download page, Can You not?

Also tga Files can be compressed as well. Photoshop for example can do that and while The compression might be less effective than dds, you'd probably be able to shrink The file size to 1 or 1.2 gb.

For some of us who play Skyrim heavily modded, 2GB is nothing really. You could upload it on Nexus, or Mega. Or use .dds DXT5 compression if you don't want to use TGA.

I have to admit a .dds format that can be viewed with photoshop, or GIMP with the usual .dds plugins would be nice. I can't view this format. It's how I judge what retextures I use.

For some of us who play Skyrim heavily modded, 2GB is nothing really. You could upload it on Nexus, or Mega. Or use .dds DXT5 compression if you don't want to use TGA.

I have to admit a .dds format that can be viewed with photoshop, or GIMP with the usual .dds plugins would be nice. I can't view this format. It's how I judge what retextures I use.

IIRC, DXT5 (or any other common .dds format) is not an option, because KotOR engine can use only special Bioware .dds.