CrashBandiTeam

I Can't Travel Away from Dantooine!

Hello, fellow people, i found a strange, and yet annoying bug in KotOR 1, i am clicking on the galaxy map, and nothing happens... i am asking for help...

Thanks

-Steira

I only used one time KSE and i have installed Save Mission mod and DarthDac's Warpband mod, that's it...

Yes i did.

EDIT: I removed my Override Folder and copied that one from the BACKUP Folder, seems now to work i think it is clear , that we all solved it, it was KSE i guess... well thread closed.

I would like to point out that KSE doesn't have a backup folder, so all I can guess is that you used the backup folder of either the Save Mission mod or Darth Dac's Warpband, which means the problem would be from one of the mods.

Crash, you should put both the questions listed in this post and your answers to those questions. 

Yes, you should do this even if you're not using the K1R.

Posted (edited)

Howdy! First-time commenter here on this recently-discovered, albeit what appears to be a fine, fine forum and database.

This user is having the same problem as the OP did, years ago, as of yesterday, and cannot seem to find help elsewhere (*cough* redderp *cough*).

The Galaxy Map on the Ebon Hawk does not work as intended; when one clicks on any planet and hits "travel", the map just exits back to the ship and doesn't go anywhere, it doesn't engage any cutscenes.

How does one fix this problem? Someone on reddit suggested backing up the save files (don't wanna start all over, again) and uninstall and reinstall, but....this is a torrented goggames copy (it appears), and there's no unin file, anywhere.

The last KOTOR 1 playthrough, a couple of months ago, it worked fine, albeit in that run, this user didn't have the SWTOR-Revan-Face/model mod installed as this run has. What was weird was, before staring this run with the SWTOR-Revan-face/model, this user's saves from the run a couple of months ago didn't seem to exist, and may have possibly been deleted. Am fine with that, but this playthrough still needs the map to work, because planets can't be traveled to off of Dantooine. Did everyone on Dantooine (as able to do for now), but can't leave. The SWTOR-Revan-face/model mod is the only mod for KOTOR 1 this user has going, that said, there appear to be some (duplicated?) KOTOR 2 mods that this user has in their K2 folder, such as K2 companion look files in the K1 folders, but that didn't break anything up to this point. It's as if the actual file to make the map work when clicking "travel" is not where it should be, whatever that file is. All this user did in-between successful K1 and K2 runs in the last couple of months was re-attempt (successfully?) downloading and installing the newest 1.8.5/M4/Coruscant/SWTOR-Meetra-face/model mods, and those appear to be working as intended over there, but it's K1's map that is the issue, at least for now. The K2 companions have files with their names on them in the K1 Override folder, fwiw. Am not seeing a "backup"; what exactly did the OP copypasta into a new Override folder after emptying the previous one out? EDIT: Don't even see a "backup" folder for K1. Only K2.

Help? Thanks!

Edited by RandomAnCap
Added more context

21 hours ago, RandomAnCap said:

Howdy! First-time commenter here on this recently-discovered, albeit what appears to be a fine, fine forum and database.

This user is having the same problem as the OP did, years ago, as of yesterday, and cannot seem to find help elsewhere (*cough* redderp *cough*).

Glad you're enjoying yourself.  Problem is that appears you may be violating the rules . . .

21 hours ago, RandomAnCap said:

but....this is a torrented goggames copy (it appears), and there's no unin file, anywhere.

Using a torrent of the game and asking about it here is a direct violation of Rule 8

• Light Side Points 1

Posted (edited)

Well, this user didn't know that.

Anyways, this user actually has/owns physical copies of the games, it's just they're in boxes/tubs in the basement somewhere, and not readily available, and this user, of course, knowing "intellectual property" doesn't actually exist, as it is neither intellectual nor property, decided to just download a copy of both games that are over twenty years old now anyways and am sure that's not the only case on the entirety of this forum and its members over however long it's been around. The modders tinker with said titles from now-defunct companies (EAWare =/= Bioware of yore) and "vaporware" is fair game by Star Wars: Galaxies' emulators' standards, so, who is to throw stones here like it was Dagobah?

Am constantly shadowbanned, if not outright banhammered, from the likes of reddit, Quora, DISQUS, a couple video game forums (Destiny/SWTOR), and a college football team fan board, all for no good reason after years of being bullied by trolls online and currently suspended from FF14 after helping what amounted to a rainbow-flag-flying psychopath (and potential parasitic "Vril-ya" alien) out with Ovni in Eureka Hydatos, only to be booted thereafter and t-bagged after not receiving heals/buffs in Baldesion Arsenal and telling him what this user thought of him. So, being one the unluckiest people on the face of the Earth since Job and Odysseus, it'd be super, duper swell if someone could find out what, exactly, makes the Galaxy Map in this classic game work!

Edited by RandomAnCap

3 hours ago, RandomAnCap said:

Am constantly shadowbanned, if not outright banhammered, from the likes of reddit, Quora, DISQUS, a couple video game forums (Destiny/SWTOR), and a college football team fan board, all for no good reason...

And I'm quite sure that "no good reason" doesn't amount to you willfully violating the rules of those sites and then, when informed of the violation, saying "oh your rules aren't real and shouldn't affect me." If you had been actually apologetic and provided proof of purchase, there would have been no issues. Instead, you chose to state that you refuse to adhere to the rule and find it foolish. Well, you can add another forum that's banned you to your cap--though I'm sure you won't learn a thing from it.

• Light Side Points 2