VarsityPuppet

What Did You Think of Star Wars: Rogue One?: MASSIVE SPOILERS

What Did You Think Of Star Wars: Rogue One?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What Did You Think Of Star Wars: Rogue One?

• Loved it!
    • It was pretty good
    • Could have been better
    • Hated it
    • Words cannot describe my hatred for what Disney has done to Star Wars
    • Muku shaka paka

I'm also curious about those reshoots. As I've been doing by best to avoid the coverage of Rogue One, did they go into any detail about why the reshoots were necessary?

The usual sort of thing, pacing, characterisation, etc. How much of it was warranted and how much was just executive meddling is hard to say. Regardless, I thought the guy they parachuted in to fix it was an odd choice.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/15/14268850/star-wars-rogue-one-reshoots-disney-gareth-edwards-tony-gilroy

Still a great movie, only one Disney produced 😕

On 1/1/2017 at 1:04 AM, Hassat Hunter said:

I liked it, a lot. Definitely way better than that IV-clone that was VII. Atleast gives some hope for VIII if they actually use an original idea once (no superweapon plz).

Oh poor innocent unknowing me. Run away little Hassat, run away. This is not going to go the way you think it will.

So yeah, just wanted to put that out there re-reading this topic. Necro-powers dissengage.

• Haha 3

Have finished watching Rogue One not long ago. I watched it in particular order after TFA and TLJ the earlier. I like this movie, especially after the fact that TFA and TLJ did not brought the balance between action, thriller, comedy and drama which I seek while watching them, at least could be found in RO. Lately I have found myself admiring Star Wars' SFXs, env/lightmapping, control panels and monitor stuffs, and Rogue One had good answers to that.

The only issue I have with RO, and pretty much the same with TFA [TLJ somewhat better in my perspective- not until Rose saving Finn on the snow field lol], is the characterization. The story, landscaping and the CGI was uber-cool, but the characters that tried to brought-up the story just wasn't enough. Maybe this was some kind of post-OT syndrome looking at the characters in OT were most awesome [particularly Han Solo. I almost forgot that Han Solo was actually Harrison Ford lol]! But overall, I like this movie- 7.5/10.

On 12/26/2016 at 3:06 AM, milestails said:

Saw Gerrera - unnecessary character

Lol I agree with you. But seriously, his presence [either his personality or the acting part which didn't played right- I don't know, could be both] ruins most of the scenes. Those scenes would be much better without Saw in it, the way I see it.

Edited by ebmar