Sign in to follow this  
spacej

Microsoft Security Essentials caught something on Deadlystream

I was using the search function on Deadlystream, then suddenly MSE pops up telling me something about blocking something from an unsafe website.  I don't fully remember what the message said, and I didn't take a pic of it, but when I checked MSE, it told me there was some sort of webscript exploit from Deadlystream, so I have included a pic of that before deleting it.  I've downloaded a few mods here today too, but they don't seem to be infected.  Any idea if this really is a virus or just a false positive?

post-15225-0-33690000-1468334554_thumb.png

I actually put the ads web address in the Restriced Websites section of Internet Options so I don't see the ads, but it still somehow got through enough to pop up that MSE warning.

More likely it was something like a bad toolbar on your computer injecting ads, rarely have I seen bad ads come through google ads these days. 

One year later, and I've found another potentially bad piece of malware by visiting Deadlystream, this time I got a red screen telling me something like my Hard Drive might be damaged, and a pop-up window giving me some options including giving them a credit card number.  MSE didn't pick this one up, but all I had to do was reset the computer without clicking anything else and everything seems to be normal.  A quick scan with Malwarebytes turns up nothing, but did anyone else encounter anything like this recently, and did any anti-virus software detect anything from it?

I think it might have something to do with Deadlystreams search function, as these issues seem to occur after I click on a mod page after I had performed a search.  These seem to be random as recreating what I did when I first got the red screen doesn't seem to bring up that screen more than once, at least so far.

I've gotten a similar thing in the past (a redirect that lead to a red screen with basically the same deal about "my hardrive may be damaged and to do a computer scan")

My theory is it could be something to do with Adsense or Adchoices if you happen to use them (They have a history of bad popups in the past)

Regardless, it may be prudent to get a screen capture if this issue continues for others.

On a related note, I've found trying to https:// this site gives me the following in Firefox:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of deadlystream.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

It's also started popping up a little note whenever I sign in saying it's not secure.

Yea thats just related to my ssl cert, can't really do anything about that until the Deadlystream redesign is done, coming soon ;)

I've gotten a similar thing in the past (a redirect that lead to a red screen with basically the same deal about "my hardrive may be damaged and to do a computer scan")

My theory is it could be something to do with Adsense or Adchoices if you happen to use them (They have a history of bad popups in the past)

Regardless, it may be prudent to get a screen capture if this issue continues for others.

Eh it could be, I personally have never seen google ads deliver malicious ads but it could happen.
  • Like 1