Sign in to follow this  
Haveayap

Peoples opinions on Star Wars: The force Awakens (No Spoilers)

All I have to say is wow... Im not sure how to take the finished film but it sure was great, I think any SW fan must see it for themselves after watching it. JJ has done a great job and their were some unexpected twists to say the least. There were also some issues that I had with the film (and im sure others will also notice them) that I will go into on a later date (These issues don't wreck the film in any way, I just felt like slamming my head against a wall at them)

A strong and solid addition to the Star Wars universe to be sure. Nevertheless, I felt in some instances there was a lack of expository dialogue and background in favour of maintaining and sustaining the frenetic pace of the movie. In my opinion, it seems that Abrams was so scared of emulating the failures of the prequel trilogy in creating convoluted and silly plots that he actually did not explain and elaborate on the story enough.

• Like 1

A strong and solid addition to the Star Wars universe to be sure. Nevertheless, I felt in some instances there was a lack of expository dialogue and background in favour of maintaining and sustaining the frenetic pace of the movie. In my opinion, it seems that Abrams was so scared of emulating the failures of the prequel trilogy in creating convoluted and silly plots that he actually did not explain and elaborate on the story enough.

I have a few issues with the plot which I will not elaborate on because they would reveal to much

THEY ALL DIE LUKE DIES KYLO DIES REY DIES FINN DIES THE FORCE DIES EVERYBODY DIES.....

Honestly, I don't know what to think, I'm going to have to see it again before I make my final judgement

• Like 1

*sigh* I knew it was going to be a clone of Episode 4 going in... can't these guys have any originality?

Sort of spoiler (but not really)... and IDT everyone will die

I already knew the plot, reading of the paper, it didnt seem like a clone, but it did on the screen, I'd say its more of a mix between EP 4-5 (that was my biggest issue with it two that i did not want to discuss)... I can understand why JJ did though, GL made an original story and everyone complained about it being completely different from the OT. I feel it was more of JJ playing it on the safe side (and hey, it was a good movie overall, although I feel this movie has already spoiled some of the big secrets of the next 2)

• Like 1

Sort of spoiler (but not really)... and IDT everyone will die

I already knew the plot, reading of the paper, it didnt seem like a clone, but it did on the screen, I'd say its more of a mix between EP 4-5 (that was my biggest issue with it two that i did not want to discuss)... I can understand why JJ did though, GL made an original story and everyone complained about it being completely different from the OT. I feel it was more of JJ playing it on the safe side (and hey, it was a good movie overall, although I feel this movie has already spoiled some of the big secrets of the next 2)

I thoroughly concur. I went on a total media blackout so I went in to the cinema with a very rudimentary idea of what the plot/characters would be like. I don't know, I just thought the film was perhaps a little *too* safe.

• Like 1

I thoroughly concur. I went on a total media blackout so I went in to the cinema with a very rudimentary idea of what the plot/characters would be like. I don't know, I just thought the film was perhaps a little *too* safe.

It was a moment of weakness... One thing led to another and next thing you know, I was on wiki leaks :( JJ did take a few risks in the movie (To be fair, if he had taken risks, chances are most SW fans would not like the movie and criticize him for it, atleast this way, 90% of fans love the movie and wouldnt care about the 'plot' issues) and I feel as though the next two movies will be alot better (although I feel some secrets have been 'hinted' at way to early in the movie and I wouldn't even read any books  released recently that are set around what happened before into ep. 7, as they just spoil everything, especially the mystery that has been created around Snoke), Id prefer to wait till maybe ep. 8 or 9 to learn some of the stuff that was revealed)

I thought it was...alright. I was hoping for better, but I'll spoiler my full thoughts.

I get how it's good to reference the old films, but it was basically the same as the OT, which annoyed me. I was looking forward to a new story in the galaxy far far away, not the old story with some new characters. Plus the one-liners were just too frequent, and I don't really see why the Rebels are losing again when they won the war. Also the new Death Star being ready when the sun goes dark...just no. Stars don't work that way.

I like Rey though. And John Williams did a good job.

• Like 2

I see bunch of spoiler tags in this thread. Why doesn't someone just start a separate thread for spoiler discussion?

(I'll do it myself after I see the movie if no one else does... but it doesn't come out for another hour here)

I see bunch of spoiler tags in this thread. Why doesn't someone just start a separate thread for spoiler discussion?

(I'll do it myself after I see the movie if no one else does... but it doesn't come out for another hour here)

They're not really spoilers, just bordering on the line of them

When doesn't John Williams do amazing?

They're not really spoilers, just bordering on the line of them

When doesn't John Williams do amazing?

OK cool. I didn't read them. I just got back from the movie.

I wasn't really amazed by William's music, it was OK but there wasn't any new super-memorable Imperial March level music.

• Like 1

Spoilerfree I was rather dissapointed. My girlfriend thought it was better than all other 6 though (that blasphemer!).

You can in many ways compare it to KOTOR. In that it's the original trilogy with new characters again (like KOTOR), with an oponent that looks like Revan (also without mask due to MMO-stuffs). I mean the beginning is LITERALLY the start of episode IV.

Down to finding a Skywalker, since I'm pretty sure she's related.

So yeah... while it was okay for KOTOR since it was "new", doing the whole repeat a second time is... a bit too much.