Fair Strides

Download:Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Fair strides, i have question. Do i have to go back before i fought mandalore?

Im in Solomon temple, captured, verbel is trying to get me out but... Theres problem, Scene is in position where i was entering temple as my party, not Verbel and Solomon is kneeling and greeting me with his usual ''you have come'' then nothing. I know that this scene is not launched properly.

I was reloading earlier save before i defeated mandalore and the same scene happened, do i realy have to go back to begining of the temple, defeat solomon again, and again kill mandalore?

I realy want to end this lets say this, Expansion but well i cannot becouse of that.

To anyone having issues, I have re-done the 1.5 patch and re-uploaded the mod, with the 1.0 split into 100MB chunks and the leftover 65-ish MB.

You will need to re-download the mod, following all the instructions in the WARNING section at the top of the page, and re-install it. You might also need to re-load an earlier save to fix some issues, like Mandalore's battle.

Well, wanted to install this with K1R (on steam) and there seems to be a problem.

I get the message:

Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Gameinst\Kotor\backup\modules\ship.mod". System nie może odnaleźć określonej ścieżki (0)

It's in polish and means: "System cannot find the specified path"

Sidenote: I installed the K1R first.

Well, wanted to install this with K1R (on steam) and there seems to be a problem.

I get the message:

Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Gameinst\Kotor\backup\modules\ship.mod". System nie może odnaleźć określonej ścieżki (0)

It's in polish and means: "System cannot find the specified path"

Sidenote: I installed the K1R first.

Musisz pobrać najnowszą wersję (w 7 częściach), wszystkie włożyć do jednego folderu tj. te pliki .rar i odpakować plik z końcówką 01.rar reszta z automatu powinna pójść. 

Też miałem ten problem, ale na szczęście, dzięki uprzejmości @Fair Strides, sprawa jest rozwiązana (mam nadzieję, bo dopiero pobieram) :) 

Alright. We have an update.

I managed to bypass the previous problem. The installer had a problem creating directory "modules" inside the "backup" directory. When I did that manually things went through.

However after that came a new problem. It seems that inside the install directory there should be a modules\ship_tmp\alienchatting.dlg

To put it short there's not even a "modules" directory inside the installation. The dialog file is also missing (haven't found it anywhere) and possibly other dlg files are also missing.

I also looked through the packed parts (it's not there aswell).

It's gotta be that old \ versus / issue again... I thought I had fixed that one, but obviously not.

So, does that mean that this version is going to need a update for this problem?

So, does that mean that this version is going to need a update for this problem?

I've had reports on both sides of the fence about the success of the installation, and there's literally only a few lines that were edited in the changes.ini.

The parts that the installer keeps failing on aren't changed.

What people can do:

1. Remove Read-only on the whole mod folder and subfolders and files.

2. Set the installer to Compatibilty Mode for Windows XP SP 2.

3. Run the installer as an admin.

Having this same issue below.

Alright. We have an update.

I managed to bypass the previous problem. The installer had a problem creating directory "modules" inside the "backup" directory. When I did that manually things went through.

However after that came a new problem. It seems that inside the install directory there should be a modules\ship_tmp\alienchatting.dlg

To put it short there's not even a "modules" directory inside the installation. The dialog file is also missing (haven't found it anywhere) and possibly other dlg files are also missing.

I also looked through the packed parts (it's not there aswell).

Tried doing what was instructed below as well, but it still does not help.

I've had reports on both sides of the fence about the success of the installation, and there's literally only a few lines that were edited in the changes.ini.

The parts that the installer keeps failing on aren't changed.

What people can do:

1. Remove Read-only on the whole mod folder and subfolders and files.

2. Set the installer to Compatibilty Mode for Windows XP SP 2.

3. Run the installer as an admin.

Could be a Windows versus Delphi issue from what I know. I'd test with my both OS's, but I'm just too lazy for now (or fixated in hunting rogue TSF offcers). <_<

What you could do is,

1. Remove the installation of the mod

2. Open the changes.ini

3. Find the line that has the path that was mentioned in your error

4. If there's \ marks in it, change them to be / marks (or vice versa)

5. Save the file

6. Run installer again

Could you guys possibly fix an issue with Revan's cape for the 2.0 release? The cape in the mod currently has no animation whatsoever, and causes the player's feet to constantly clip through the cape pretty badly. I also remember an issue with going the Dark Side route on the original Brotherhood of Shadow part of the mod, more specifically at 11:07 in this video...

If you choose to kill the crew for lying to you, two of the crew members who turn hostile just stand there completely still. When you kill them, they have no death animation either if I'm remembering correctly. I wish I could show you a video of it, but all I can find are light side playthroughs.

Could you guys possibly fix an issue with Revan's cape for the 2.0 release? The cape in the mod currently has no animation whatsoever, and causes the player's feet to constantly clip through the cape pretty badly.

That Revan's cape issue is a fault of the main game, not this mod. You might want to ask SithSpecter if his Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt Fix 1.1 is compatible with BOS: SR. If so, you should also inquire about his suggested install order.

The problem is, trying to fix the cape brings up problems when you take maskless versions of Revan's robes into account. First of all, the flowing robes would need to have a maskless version for male PCs so that being able to equip and unequip the Revan mask while wearing Revan's robes makes sense. Trying to get full compatability for female Revan brings up an even bigger problem. There is no, as far as I'm aware, flowing cape fix for female PCs. There was an edited female Revan model some time ago, but it doesn't have a fixed cape. Even if a fix was made, the mask problem would have to be taken into account again.

What I did was take the flowing cape model files and replace the BOS Revan model files with Sithspecter's edited version. This means that I couldn't get proper female animations or be able to remove my mask while wearing the robes, but it was a much better alternative to the cardboard cape.

I also remember an issue with going the Dark Side route on the original Brotherhood of Shadow part of the mod, more specifically at 11:07 in this video...

If you choose to kill the crew for lying to you, two of the crew members who turn hostile just stand there completely still. When you kill them, they have no death animation either if I'm remembering correctly. I wish I could show you a video of it, but all I can find are light side playthroughs.

If either of them are Jawas or Ithorians, I can tell you that is because Bioware didn't give them anything more than the necessary movement animations and a few others. Anything other than that I would probably attribute to a similar issue.

What I did was take the flowing cape model files and replace the BOS Revan model files with Sithspecter's edited version. This means that I couldn't get proper female animations or be able to remove my mask while wearing the robes, but it was a much better alternative to the cardboard cape.

I'd rather call it holoboard cape, given that your feet get through it without leaving a hole.

Sure, the cape and the hood would be one such a quick and easy fix. It would only require building two completely custom models holding the completely custom animations, then building four regular body models with weighting that matches the completely custom animating, and then some heavy .2da editing that in best case scenario would be incompatible with custom appearances without manual tweaking, and in worst case scenario wouldn't work at all.

If someone really would want to go through all that, they better release it as a separate mod(der's resource), not a part of any mod.

When do I install the patch file? Before or after I install the mod?

I have been trying to install this mod since around Christmas about 7 times and am pretty disappointed honestly that I haven't been able to get it to install correctly at all.

When do I install the patch file? Before or after I install the mod?

I have been trying to install this mod since around Christmas about 7 times and am pretty disappointed honestly that I haven't been able to get it to install correctly at all.

Trust me, join the club. The patch is installed after the mod, because it patches the mod.

There've been almost no changes to the installer, the parts where it's hanging weren't even changed, some people get it to go fine, some people get stuck, all the usual workarounds have been 50/50, and about the last thing I can recommend is disabling UAC and then doing everything I recommended some posts back.

I downloaded the BOS-SR mod from Gamefront and it installed perfectly when I ran it as an administrator.

So i tested the game and started from the save file given on Korriban and it worked! Although the graphics were a little wonky like the lightsabers did not look right (blacked out)

So even though I installed most likely an older mod file from Gamefront, should I still use your Patch to update it?

Thanks

tried to run the patch but got an unhandled exception again!

I really appreciate the work put into this mod but nothing really seems to work.

The fix is on its way.

Thank you for your attention.

Now, let me explain a bit further. There's a simple typo in the installer, but we need to thoroughly test it in order to avoid other possible issues. There's no guarantee there is any, but there's no guarantee there isn't, either. Hence the testing.

You can fix the installation yourself by doing the following:

1. Find the changes.ini from the tslpatchdata folder

2. Open it in a text editor (notepad will do)

3. Search and replace all / marks, replace with \ marks (you can run the "replace all" option, but then you probably need to manually change the marks back in date and the "N/A" line)

4. Save the file, run the installer

5. Profit!

We'll update the download in due time.

The fix is on its way.

Thank you for your attention.

Now, let me explain a bit further. There's a simple typo in the installer, but we need to thoroughly test it in order to avoid other possible issues. There's no guarantee there is any, but there's no guarantee there isn't, either. Hence the testing.

You can fix the installation yourself by doing the following:

1. Find the changes.ini from the tslpatchdata folder

2. Open it in a text editor (notepad will do)

3. Search and replace all / marks, replace with \ marks (you can run the "replace all" option, but then you probably need to manually change the marks back in date and the "N/A" line)

4. Save the file, run the installer

5. Profit!

We'll update the download in due time.

Thank you for your hard work on this mod and know that we appreciate your patience and efforts.

So, if I un-install my steam version of KOTOR 1 and do a clean install with this mod after manually changing the "/" marks with "\" marks, will my current saved game still be available to play?

Just in case, I can make a copy of the save files from the steam folder but just wondering for now.

So, if I un-install my steam version of KOTOR 1 and do a clean install with this mod after manually changing the "/" marks with "\" marks, will my current saved game still be available to play?

I have no way of knowing one way or another... I'd assume that uninstalling Steam version of the game could remove the savegames, also. (At least the recommended way of uninstalling, which is completely wiping clean/removing the whole directory...) I'd advise making backups of your saves.

If you were asking that if your saves would be compatible, that depends solely on what mods you have installed. If you currently have no mods, and if you then install only BoS:SR, they should be. You'll need a save where you have never, ever visited Korriban with that character before, though.