Jorak Uln

QUASAR for Kotor/TSL?

Hi guys, 

as you know  Kotor only has 2 minigames. Thats way too low.

Especially the cantinas would massively benefit from a new one. You probably know Quasar, a pretty simple fun game from Mass Effect 1:

Basically a simple Blackjack variant: You have two buttons with random inputs 1-8 & 4-7 and you must not go over 21.

the rules are here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Quasar.

I want to ask you talented scripters here, would someone be able to make THAT possible?

Hi guys, 

as you know  Kotor only has 2 minigames. Thats way too low.

Especially the cantinas would massively benefit from a new one. You probably know Quasar, a pretty simple fun game from Mass Effect 1:

Basically a simple Blackjack variant: You have two buttons with random inputs 1-8 & 4-7 and you must not go over 21.

the rules are here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Quasar.

I want to ask you talented scripters here, would someone be able to make THAT possible?

1. Not possible.

2. How is this different from pazaak, which is itself a blackjack variant?

1. Not possible.

2. How is this different from pazaak, which is itself a blackjack variant?

2) it feels different. Playing Pazaak with a good deck you have all kinds of chances to win with the +/- or even golden Cards.  

At Quasar its always over when more than 21 -> you feel the pressure much more but you can influence the random inputs via the 2 buttons strategically.

There is no GUI modding in that sense, so we would be limited to just dialog, which would hamper us on the graphical side of things as well.

Does that mean its possible?

If so, Quanon is currently doing some modeling for my Overhaul, and with a custom model i could display the results on an animated screen.

Basically only a custom model with 2 interaction buttons (random 1-8 & 4-7) would be needed and a screen which shows the results - all in real time without menu screen.

Basically only a custom model with 2 interaction buttons (random 1-8 & 4-7) would be needed and a screen which shows the results - all in real time without menu screen.

This is definitely not possible. You'd have to do it through a menu screen.

This is definitely not possible. You'd have to do it through a menu screen.

But the good thing is - its possible. If we modify the layout of that specific menu screen e.g. with different position of 1. and 2. option (to look like a button for example), still very cool things are possible:

ME  used menu screens here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzc5K3YtXvU

I could imagine a new Star Wars themed layout would be pretty cool...

Edit: also the possibility to give special rewards instead of credits like mod items, modifications etc. for rare achievements e.g. 5 wins in a row etc. 

would be very motivating...

Good Luck! Don't let people discourage you, remember that many of the things now done in modding were once said to be impossible.

But the good thing is - its possible. If we modify the layout of that specific menu screen e.g. with different position of 1. and 2. option (to look like a button for example), still very cool things are possible:

ME  used menu screens here as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzc5K3YtXvU

I could imagine a new Star Wars themed layout would be pretty cool...

Edit: also the possibility to give special rewards instead of credits like mod items, modifications etc. for rare achievements e.g. 5 wins in a row etc. 

would be very motivating...

There are no menu screens that can be edited in such a way.

The closest you could get is something similar to the ring pillar game in Naga Sadow's tomb from KOTOR 1.

Animated Model controlled through dialog options. It would be more practical to do the game entirely in dialog.