So, I've decided to stick around for a little while longer after releasing SLM and I have an idea I thought of a long time ago but never got around to doing. 

That is, turning the N_DarkJHiM and N_DkJHiF models and associated textures into new items for players to get and wear. 

So far, these are set to replace the JalShey and Zeison Sha armors until I can figure out how to make them seperate items with the baseitems.2da.

I may forego all that just to get it done though. Still wondering if there is any difference between male and female textures, cause if there weren't that'd make the whole thing alot faster.

Anyway, screenies of what I have so far.

post-8962-0-82546400-1434950009_thumb.jpg

post-8962-0-68424100-1434950046_thumb.jpg

post-8962-0-66221600-1434950081_thumb.jpg

post-8962-0-58364600-1434950115_thumb.jpg

It seems you fixed that transparency problem :) (At least from what I can tell)

It seems you fixed that transparency problem :D (At least from what I can tell)

Yep. Never thought to remove the alpha channel like you said. Did that, and then just put a duplicate layer on top before I started painting on it.

Up to the usual high standard associated with Kaidon Jorn!

Heh, thanks. I try I guess. 

Like this one for instance...

I've redone this at least 5 times already, and just can't seem to get get it "right". Which really just amounts to being nitpicky as hell. 

Thought it was a good idea when I thought of it and when I did it the first time thought it looked cool, but now I'm just messing it up. :(

I dunno,...whudduya think?

post-8962-0-81217400-1434995042_thumb.jpg

post-8962-0-50313600-1434995082_thumb.jpg

Hmm those white stripes around the midsection area....something's off. My first thought was to have no stripes and have it be the same color as the rest of the outfit.

I've redone this at least 5 times already, and just can't seem to get get it "right". Which really just amounts to being nitpicky as hell. 

Thought it was a good idea when I thought of it and when I did it the first time thought it looked cool, but now I'm just messing it up. :(

I dunno,...whudduya think?

I like it.  The stripes are fine in my opinion but because they "pop" so much it takes away from the rest of the outfit - and by doing so - makes the rest look like it needs more ornamentation.  Does that make sense to anyone else or is it just me?

Yeah.

But the dark blue on the legs and arms looks cool? Wasn't sure it would with black and dark grey everywhere else.

I should have mentioned I hadn't finished doing the piping (stripes) on the chest. 

Lemme fix that..

Edit: Ok, just decided to start over ONE MORE TIME!!!....but not today. I need sammiches and rest.

I know how I'm going to try it next time cause i really hate trying to physically paint on a skin. 

Same concept...'cept,..better.

Yeah.

But the dark blue on the legs and arms looks cool? Wasn't sure it would with black and dark grey everywhere else.

I should have mentioned I hadn't finished doing the piping (stripes) on the chest. 

Lemme fix that..

Edit: Ok, just decided to start over ONE MORE TIME!!!....but not today. I need sammiches and rest.

I know how I'm going to try it next time cause i really hate trying to physically paint on a skin. 

Same concept...'cept,..better.

They look promising. The stripes on the side look a bit low res though - would it be possible to do them in higher resolution?

But i really like the overall look - somehow the black/grey one reminds me of these:

would be extremely cool to see one variant in these colors too...

They look promising. The stripes on the side look a bit low res though - would it be possible to do them in higher resolution?

No clue, is it? what do I do for that?

Edit: Ok well I redid the dark red one and I think I might just leave it like this.

post-8962-0-01546000-1435092413_thumb.jpg

I'm liking the Black one with Red trimming so far. Looks good.

EDIT: This gave me an idea, and went with it. Decided to make a Jedi-ish version of this Sith Robe/Armor/whatever.

EDIT 2: Moved my stuff to my WIP Thread. http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2666-wip-l0ki194s-development-shack/

Edited by L0ki194
  • Like 1

@Loki: Havent seen you in the forum for a while! Glad your back!

Your tweaks look great - the brown color scheme makes them immediately look more Star Wars like..

will they be included in Kaidons pack or as a separate download?

@Kaidon Jorn: the stripes look better now - and what i meant with the KOFE pic was just a change of the color scheme - similar to Lokis tweak. 

@Loki: Havent seen you in the forum for a while! Glad your back!

Your tweaks look great - the brown color scheme makes them immediately look more Star Wars like..

will they be included in Kaidons pack or as a separate download?

@Kaidon Jorn: the stripes look better now - and what i meant with the KOFE pic was just a change of the color scheme - similar to Lokis tweak. 

Cool, thanks. I'm just doing a Sith themed pack. If Loki wanted to make a Jedi themed one that'd be cool.

Yeah, I know I haven't been posting as much on the forums as much as I did like the past two years. I haven't even posted anything over at Lucusforums. I've mostly been lurking offline.

The gloves, boots, torso, and skirt/cape are colored brown, and the Trimming I tried to make sort of a golden look to it, just to sort of give it that "Jedi are noble/honorable" feel. I made this using Photoshop because since October to just a few weeks ago, I was attending a Digital Photography class, and I got to learn how to use Photoshop which was a great learning experience for me in general.

Yeah I'm down to make a Jedi Themed one. I still really like the Sith ones though. :P

Cool, I'm trying to learn Gimp at the moment. Used to use Photoshop and much prefer it. Havent had Photoshop since my old XP system bit it.

Wish I could get it again.

Anyway working on High Inquisitor's robe right now and am almost done.Will post a pic later.

(Maroon with Yellow (or gold) would be a cool one too, no?

Maroon robes w/ a Gold trimming sounds good.

EDIT: Moved my stuff to my WIP thread.

Loki194, could you make your own thread for your mod? Let's have Kaidon be able to get input on his mod without competition.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm just gonna bow out of this, Loki's skins look thousands of times better than what I can do, imo. If he does release these I'd download the stuffing out of em.

Dammit, me and my friggin'-- Kaidon, don't bow out. They still look really good, especially the red-trimmed black robe. Just keep going with what looks right for you.

Yeah, I'm really diggin' the style you've got going here. Very post-ROTJ-EU-looking. Keep going!

Aight well I'm not giving up completely just yet.

But i have to say I'm getting frustrated with these, and the fact that - no Photoshop - is just adding to it.

Aight well I'm not giving up completely just yet.

But i have to say I'm getting frustrated with these, and the fact that - no Photoshop - is just adding to it.

You don't have photoshop? Have you tried GIMP?