Kexikus

Download:Proper Manaan Quest Endings

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=557

File Name: Proper Manaan Quest Endings

File Submitter: Kexikus

File Submitted: 14 Jun 2015

File Category: Mods

About:

If you've ever played the dark path on Manaan without finishing all side quests before you might have noticed that while you can no longer complete them, they stay in your journal forever. This mod fixes that and ends them properly.

Installation:

Run ManQuestInstaller.exe and let TSL Patcher do its magic. It should find your KotOR installation automatically. If it doesn't and you have to select it manually, choose the folder that includes swkotor.exe. Do NOT delete the backup folder that is created during the installation, you might need it if you ever want to uninstall this mod.

Uninstallation:

(Read the whole instructions text before doing anything.)

Delete man_questend.ncs, man26_nilko.dlg, man26_pcexile.dlg and man26_shaelas.dlg from your Override folder. Those steps are enough to make sure, the mod is basically uninstalled. But if you want to get rid of it completely you'll also have to replace global.jrl in the Override folder and dialog.tlk in the swkotor root folder with the ones in the backup folder created during this mods installation. If global.jrl does not exist in your backup folder, simply delete the one in your Override folder. Be cautious however: If you installed another mod after this one, that alters one of those two files, replacing them might screw up this mod too!

Compabilitiy:

The only incompabilities I can think of are with mods that alter one of the dlg files this mod uses.

Credits:

Mod by Kexikus

TSL Patcher by stoffe

Big thanks to Fair Strides for helping me with the scripts :)

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR BIOWARE. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

Click here to download this file

It's not exactly restored content (not at all actually^^) and when I asked if something like this was planned for K1R a while back I got no reply, so I decided to simply make a standalone mod myself.

But I wouldn't mind if this were included in K1R. Actually it would even be quite cool to have contributed something to this mod and I wouldn't have to worry about compability anymore, as I originally intended to make a K1R compability version once K1R 1.0 is out if it's necessary.

@ K1R Team: So yeah, if you want to include this mod, feel free to do so or let me know if you'd need a modified version :)

#@#@%#Q!@#!@# Korriban quests?

Btw: This mod should be fully K1R compatible. I haven't tested it yet but as far as I know, none of the quests I modified were modified by K1R and there shouldn't be any files used by both mods either. So it should work perfectly.

Sounds like something that should be integrated into K1R honestly.

Great work once again Kexikus!

#@#@%#Q!@#!@# Korriban quests?

Btw: This mod should be fully K1R compatible. I haven't tested it yet but as far as I know, none of the quests I modified were modified by K1R and there shouldn't be any files used by both mods either. So it should work perfectly.

Hassat Hunter means the prestige quests in the Korriban Academy, the ones that can be left in the journal if not completed before you go to Naga Sadow's tomb. It also includes the Renegade Sith in the Shyrack Caves, since the only way to get to them is through the Korriban Academy.

You could do the Renegade Sith one, as well as any of the tombs, before you go to the Academy after finishing Naga Sadow's Tomb, but if you miss the opportunity, the journal entries stay.

And I'll talk to ZM90 about whether it should be including, since there are valid arguments for and against it... (We made journal entries for the Pazaak Tournament and Vulkar Base, and both those and this are inconsistency fixes...)

I mean that if you complete them all, you can only turn in a few before you're "worthy" and the rest stick around like a sore thumb until the Unknown Planet.

Right, I remember those issues. And now I'm considering to expand this mod to fix all of those journal issues. It'll probably take a while until I actually do that but I'll start by gathering information.

So, are there any more issues of that kind where quests are no longer completeable but stay in the journal?

If you leave a few Taris quests unresolved (such as Bendak's bounty), they stay in the journal once you hit Dantooine and tend to stick out for a while.