Does anyone know if this mod is compatible with the Workbench Crystal Attunement mod?  And if so, what is the proper install order?

Thanks.

No, it would not be compatible with Workbench Crystal Attunement Mod, both heavily edit the workbnch.dlg file.

She uses the hilt that was taken away from you by the Council. So, whatever type and color you tell Atton it was - just with a higher poly model.

She uses the hilt that was taken away from you by the Council. So, whatever type and color you tell Atton it was - just with a higher poly model.

I brushed off atton's conversation by saying I couldn't remember. What are the default hilts in this case? Sorry for not being clear, I forgot to mention that bit.

Either bronze or cyan, not sure. There are 2 answers like that for those 2 colors.

Edit: Actually, looking through the dialog, I don't see a definate setting of blade color in those 2 lines. Zbyl, VP or Hassat would know better than I.

It's just called Jedi General's lightsaber. That particular model was lost a couple years ago when my old pc died, so I can't post a good pic of it unfortunately. I got them from my HotOR mod.

Quick question. I have the steam version of the game and I have TSLRM and M478-EP installed through the steam workshop, when installing the M478-EP compatibility patch which folder do I direct the installer to?

Quick question. I have the steam version of the game and I have TSLRM and M478-EP installed through the steam workshop, when installing the M478-EP compatibility patch which folder do I direct the installer to?

Same one you directed SLM to, TSLRCM Workshop folder.

Ok, I saw where GeneralStrife posted about hilt textures disappearing at certain camera angles, and that this is a steam issue,I too play the game on steam and have this problem  anyone have any ideas of how to fix?

I found a fix for the hilt texture issue on steam. Simply open up your swkotor2.ini and under graphics options there should be the following line

DisableVertexBufferObjects=1

Change this line to

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Basically just add spaces. It completely fixes the issue. And for some reason if you don't have that line (I don't know why you wouldn't) just add it in.

I like the mod so far and can't wait to see the sabers I'll get further into the game. Great job! (Not sure about the Rancor, but everything else^^)

But I also just noticed, that this mod can very easily cause compability issues since it replaces .mod files, thus negating all changes done by other mods installed before this one. I don't know if you only copy these .mod files just in case there is none before or if they include edits. In the first case, I'd recommend changing their install method so that they don't replace the .mod files already present and if they include edits, I think it'd be better for compability if you'd copy the unedited .mod files (again not replacing those already present) and then let TSLPatcher copy your edited files into these .mod files.

That'd increase compability with other mods quite a bit, even if SLM is installed later.

Hey, nice mod first of all! Like it a lot, especially how everyone customly makes their own hilts. Now I have a small problem though.

Thing is, I had a certain mod from Steam which added a bunch of Feats and powers (Sorry, can't remember the name). I got rid of it since it was causing conflicts and noticed after that that I could actually use the schematics. But, even though I have built my own lightsaber, it says I do not have enough jedi training. Is there any way I can overwrite it to allow me to do it, or am I missing something?

Im a bit confused, you said you could use the schematics or no?

If you made your personal lightsaber with Bao-Dur then you should be able to click on the schematic to learn it, then go to the workbench and that lightsaber would then show up as buildable as long as you have a color crystal with you.

If you dont have a force power called 'learn schematic" then you wont be able to build the sabers. That other mod you had may have messed things up for good.

Honestly its been so long since I even messed around with any of that that i cant remember what is what. 

I dont mod anymore and dont play kotor anymore..

Hey, thanks for replying so quickly! Yeah, I was able to use my schematic I got from killing a special enemy, I could actually use the schematic AFTER removing that steam mod, but it says that force power is missing, you are correct. So basically it is me being dumb... Oh well, now I know. Perhaps I can still gain it through a save game editor.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply! Hope you have a nice day!

*"As always, do not try to put a crystal that was made for a double-bladed saber into a single-bladed saber (except Apostle's) or vice versa because it will crash your game."- Could anyone fix this somehow?

*"For companions like Visas, Mira, and Kreia, it's probabaly a good idea to stand off to one side of them when starting their saber making dialogs. They may get stuck trying to pathfind."- Why is this? 

*"Do not try to disassemble a hilt that is already equipped by a party member. If you want to switch a party member's saber, make the new one first, then equip it on them before disassembling the one they had (or be controlling the one you want to disassemble on). No clue why this happens but it will crash the game."

*"At time of release, there may be a small bug in 903MAL where Sion does not walk to his spot where the assassins circle around him directly after the Atton fight."

Before I'd even consider using this mod, IMO- these things need to be fixed.

*"As always, do not try to put a crystal that was made for a double-bladed saber into a single-bladed saber (except Apostle's) or vice versa because it will crash your game."- Could anyone fix this somehow?

*"For companions like Visas, Mira, and Kreia, it's probabaly a good idea to stand off to one side of them when starting their saber making dialogs. They may get stuck trying to pathfind."- Why is this?

*"Do not try to disassemble a hilt that is already equipped by a party member. If you want to switch a party member's saber, make the new one first, then equip it on them before disassembling the one they had (or be controlling the one you want to disassemble on). No clue why this happens but it will crash the game."

*"At time of release, there may be a small bug in 903MAL where Sion dosen't walk to his spot where the assassins circle around him directly after the Atton fight."

Before I'd even consider using this mod, IMO- these things need to be fixed.

1. If you ever tried to look at game mechanics, you would have known that the first one is impossible to fix due to the way lightsaber crystals work in game - otherwise while putting a crystal from a single-bladed schematic in a double saber, you would get a completely different double saber hilt variant. The same happens in USM and the only mod without the issue is Duplisaber, where hilt for a short lightsaber will change whatever you put it in into a short lightsaber. This could be an option, but then you lose a purpose of having single, double and short lightsabers in game, because your lightsaber will turn into whatever you want.

2. That's because they're walking on a scheduled route. The bug where an NPC is running in place because you stand on his way and then magically teleports is one of the most common bugs in game.

3. If he's got no clue why this happens, how would he fix that? It's even logical - how could you disassemble your friend's lightsaber when he's holding it? Any other piece of the game, like vendors work like that - you can't sell the items that you have equipped. Modifying makes sense, but disassembling doesn't. For me, it's fault of game developers' complete lack of imagination.

4. It's a random bug that doesn't even always happen, like half of bugs in this game.

All of those bugs happen due to game mechanics - deal with it. They're probably not fixable, like most of bugs. You really shouldn't blame the mod author for the game mechanics - that's not their fault. Every single game has bugs - deal with it instead of expressing you're disappointment about everything around you. I'd rather recommend learning about KotOR mechanics because you lack minimal knowledge about it.

1. If you ever tried to look at game mechanics, you would have known that the first one is impossible to fix due to the way lightsaber crystals work in game - otherwise while putting a crystal from a single-bladed schematic in a double saber, you would get a completely different double saber hilt variant. The same happens in USM and the only mod without the issue is Duplisaber, where hilt for a short lightsaber will change whatever you put it in into a short lightsaber. This could be an option, but then you lose a purpose of having single, double and short lightsabers in game, because your lightsaber will turn into whatever you want.

2. That's because they're walking on a scheduled route. The bug where an NPC is running in place because you stand on his way and then magically teleports is one of the most common bugs in game.

3. If he's got no clue why this happens, how would he fix that? It's even logical - how could you disassemble your friend's lightsaber when he's holding it? Any other piece of the game, like vendors work like that - you can't sell the items that you have equipped. Modifying makes sense, but disassembling doesn't. For me, it's fault of game developers' complete lack of imagination.

4. It's a random bug that doesn't even always happen, like half of bugs in this game.

All of those bugs happen due to game mechanics - deal with it. They're probably not fixable, like most of bugs. You really shouldn't blame the mod author for the game mechanics - that's not their fault. Every single game has bugs - deal with it instead of expressing you're disappointment about everything around you. I'd rather recommend learning about KotOR mechanics because you lack minimal knowledge about it.

Wow, no need to be so aggressive. 

1. Then someone should find a way to lock those crystals by giving the other sabers in the games feat requirements, crystal feat requirements so that only certain saber crystals apply to either double, short or single blades.

That way you can solve the problem of crashing by for instance; giving the saber crystal a requirement for the type of saber it's meant to be installed into. 

2. That's fair enough, I still don't like the idea of being able to do something in a game that'll just be an instant "No you should've done it this way."

3. Then add a line to the appearance.2da (Or wherever applicable) so that Sabers that are equipped don't appear on the disassemble screen. 

4. Understandably. 

1. Then someone should find a way to lock those crystals by giving the other sabers in the games feat requirements, crystal feat requirements so that only certain saber crystals apply to either double, short or single blades.

That way you can solve the problem of crashing by for instance; giving the saber crystal a requirement for the type of saber it's meant to be installed into.

There's no way to do it. It's just how engine works. If item is a lightsaber, no matter the type, it allows you to put color crystal in it. Nothing can be done about it, it's a hardcoded stuff. Developers never thought that there will be a need to restrict some crystals to certain saber type, so there's no mechanism to do that.

Adding feat requirements won't do anything, they determine if character can use an item and nothing more.

Trust me, if some kind of such restriction would have been possible - it would've been found years ago.

3. Then add a line to the appearance.2da (Or wherever applicable) so that Sabers that are equipped don't appear on the disassemble screen.

*.2da editing won't do any good here. Maybe it's possible to do something via scripts, but I'm no script expert.

There's no way to do it. It's just how engine works. If item is a lightsaber, no matter the type, it allows you to put color crystal in it. Nothing can be done about it, it's a hardcoded stuff. Developers never thought that there will be a need to restrict some crystals to certain saber type, so there's no mechanism to do that.

Adding feat requirements won't do anything, they determine if character can use an item and nothing more.

Trust me, if some kind of such restriction would have been possible - it would've been found years ago.

*.2da editing won't do any good here. Maybe it's possible to do something via scripts, but I'm no script expert.

What about the Sith Lightsaber from Kotor 1? Wasn't it impossible to upgrade or something by default? 

Maybe script functionality in this regard could be looked into then. 

What about the Sith Lightsaber from Kotor 1? Wasn't it impossible to upgrade or something by default? 

Maybe script functionality in this regard could be looked into then. 

And will you use a saber which you cannot upgrade when you have a lot of really good lightsaber upgrades in TSL? I think not.

And AFAIK we can't lock just the color crystal slot, it's all or nothing. And even if it's possible, it will mean that you can't take the crystal out, but it won't prevent you from attempting to install crystal to a wrong saber type.

And will you use a saber which you cannot upgrade when you have a lot of really good lightsaber upgrades in TSL? I think not.

And AFAIK we can't lock just the color crystal slot, it's all or nothing. And even if it's possible, it will mean that you can't take the crystal out, but it won't prevent you from attempting to install crystal to a wrong saber type.

Well thanks anyways.