Kate The Bionic Uterus

Rule 8, Section 6

Double-posting is Rule 8, Section 6 is an archaic forum rule that the majority of modern forums ignore these days. There is no reason in such a small forum to enforce this however, you may want to clarify this rule since the explanation does nor actually even say what the rule is. Nowhere in Section 6, Rule number 8, do the words, "Double Posting" ever appear.

I agree with this. But I also see why the rule is needed to prevent spam/bumping. 

There are many cases where an edit/ new thread makes so little sense compared to a second post

Rule 8, Section 6:

"If you want to add something to a thread that you have recently posted in, and no one else have made any new posts in, edit your last post in the thread instead of creating a new one. If several days have passed where no one has posted anything and you have something substantial to add to the thread you may make a new post instead."

By the terminology above, if you have the last post in the topic and there isn't a several(three)-day gap between the two, you are supposed to edit the post instead of posting again. Were this rule not observed, would you not end up with two recent posts in a thread? And is that not the definition of double-posting?

Guest R2-X2

I think that if you add something noticeable, then a double post is completely fine. :D