VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Guest Dark_Ansem

ah! Malachor V's Crack of Doom! I LURRVE it!

Guest DH-010

Don't know if you need anymore people for the lines, but if the other 4 people above aren't enough I willing to be a potential number 5... If you have enough, then whatever never mind XD.

The thing, I always think I sound stupid... :D

Also, that chamber looks cool! I didn't you could add those new kinds of areas into the game, good stuff! I hope I get to walk there someday.

Guest Darth Hayze

I am in love with this. Will be a permanent override for me.

Well, in between working on the new Untitled Malachor module, I've been fooling around with some new modeling techniques I learned from Quanon's tutorial. Results are decent at best, but it's coming along.

The reason I'm posting it in here is because I wanted to do a little tie in between Katarr and Malachor - what with one version of Visas' story ending with her revisiting the surface of Katarr. I'm not very far just yet - just the one building and a shitty UVMapping job.... but I do have this cool render.

aUYwa.jpg

Still developing the idea of Katarr, as I said.

If you want to do anything Kattar-related, I suggest you look for Unseen, Unheard comic, if you haven't read it already - it's 6-page long, and it's about destruction of Kattar. And it's bloody brilliant, too :)

Edited by Sith Holocron
Added Wookieepedia link for easy reference

The reason I'm posting it in here is because I wanted to do a little tie in between Katarr and Malachor - what with one version of Visas' story ending with her revisiting the surface of Katarr.

In addition to Zbyl2's suggestion: Once you have the concept of what Katarr set in your head, you might also want to go a little further. Recall that Visas mentions Katarr in earlier discussions with the Exile while on the Ebon Hawk. If you create Katarr, you might as well set up a cutscene during that conversation too. You'd at least have a before and after to show. Having Nihilus present in your render above made me think of it.

Guest Darth Hayze

Unseen, Unheard is certainly a must if you plan on pursuing this. This is really shaping up to be much more than a simple endgame expansion :)

Guest Zhaboka

WOAH. That is amazing. I'd say the Visas/Nihilus relationship had a LOT more potential in it, so immense kudos to you!

Guest kelvin albarn

I'll do voice acting if you want, I'm only 16 but I've got a good quality mic and I'd love to help out in any way I could as this project looks really impressive. Also I'm good at using sound editing programs to alter how I sound if that helps.

Maybe I could do a potentially potable VActing if I did rent a mike from school. I'll have to see about that. However, I must admit it may just be hard to modulate emotions. Oh well. Maybe I'll try :P

Edited by MrPhil

Guest Darth Hayze

I'm an actor, so if you need something I'm good for it.

Up until recently I had been working on MVI, but work and school have been a little overwhelming at the moment. I expect things to slow down in the next few weeks (after Halloween) but for now I don't think I'll be making any progress.

The project is still alive, but just know that we're taking yet another break.

Well, that was a pretty short break. I was about one script function away from essentially finishing up 905MAL - otherwise known as the module we've been working on for almost the entire year. Yeah, progress has been slow. I'm hoping with a little advance planning that 906MAL will take considerably much less time.

I should mention that this is not including the beta and bug-testing which will be done later. We'll check all of that once we have everything set up.

Guest TemujiN

I wonder if anyone could post images of this wonderful mod

excuse me for my english is not good

I wonder if anyone could post images of this wonderful mod

excuse me for my english is not good

Yeah, they're kinda strewn about in the thread.... Start from the first page, there should be a link to the website.

I am available for voice acting, should the project need more actors.

This mod looks amazing I can't wait to play it and see what you guys have been up to. :P

Haha, first post from 90SK on DeadlyStream is in this thread. :D

There has been almost no progress since the last post. We're working on it though.

We're coming in on the 2 year anniversary of the mod though - I don't remember the exact date it started - and I'd expected initially it would not have taken longer than a year and a half.

Then again, this has definitely been a 'think as you go' sort of deal, so there's no way I could have put an accurate estimation of how long it would take to finish the project.

Oh well, we'll be starting up again soon. Stay tuned.